Trump Left Off Official Alaska Voter Guide After Missing Deadline
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:23:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump Left Off Official Alaska Voter Guide After Missing Deadline
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump Left Off Official Alaska Voter Guide After Missing Deadline  (Read 1295 times)
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 17, 2016, 03:03:48 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/trump-left-off-alaska-voter-guide

BEST! CAMPAIGN! EVER! - party like it's 2016.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 03:08:36 PM »

LOL! Let the dream come true, #BlueAK
RJEvans
MasterRegal
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2016, 03:09:18 PM »

Yeah, it's rigged alright. Jesus.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2016, 03:11:48 PM »

rofl lmao toss-up alaska
tinman64

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.57

P P
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2016, 03:18:33 PM »

And the hits just keep on comin'.

Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2016, 03:21:08 PM »

This is so awesome, lol.
Cashew
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2016, 03:22:04 PM »

Nah. Obviously the liberal media is to blame.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2016, 03:23:21 PM »

The ineptness of the Trump campaign is going to provide material for poli sci papers for decades to come.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2016, 03:23:26 PM »
« Edited: October 17, 2016, 04:12:34 PM by Alcon »

Damn, so Alaska will miss the chance to read about how Trump has a bunch of Twitter followers and was Grand Marshal of a parade one time?

Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2016, 04:06:51 PM »

Or, to translate from Drumfsprache, "he won't win".
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2016, 04:08:39 PM »

Damn, so Alaska will miss the chance to read about how Trump has a bunch of Twitter followers and was Grand Marshal of a parade one time?

LOL. My goodness. What a joke.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2016, 04:18:01 PM »

Come on Hillary, throw a million and flood Alaska's media with your ads.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2016, 04:26:05 PM »

NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2016, 04:36:38 PM »

Wow!

Epic level incompetence on the part of the campaign and whomever is responsible.

He did make the Oregon voter pamphlet however, so Oregonians will get a chance to read whatever is posted.

For those in other regions of the country, there are a handful of predominately Western States, where voters receive in the mail a B&W "magazine" from the state Election Department, that we use to review the stated policy positions and platforms of all candidates running on the ballot from the President to County Commissioner, as well as statewide ballot initiatives and municipal items on the ballot.

A ton of voters in states like Oregon and Alaska carefully review these and markoff their voting options prior to submitting their mail in ballots.

My crazy prediction of Alaska voting Clinton might well be born out, with even today's recent polling, combined with apparently a non-existent Trump campaign in Alaska.

Team Clinton needs to pony up $50-100k in radio ads on this state to add a little spice to the gravy.

🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2016, 06:15:13 PM »

People already know who Trump is, but Jill Stein benefits from being included.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2016, 06:27:37 PM »

hahahahaha
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2016, 06:34:24 PM »

Any chance that people interpret this as anti-Trump bias and it helps him there?
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2016, 06:49:43 PM »
« Edited: October 17, 2016, 06:51:15 PM by Ebowed »

Any chance that people interpret this as anti-Trump bias and it helps him there?
I don't think so.  Alaska is not really susceptible to that anti-establishment paranoia of the sort Trump is trying to cultivate.

Here is a man whose foreign policy objective would be to shut down Alaska's energy industry, whose climate policy ignores that communities in Alaska are struggling to adapt to rising sea levels and changing weather patterns, whose economic policy would bankrupt the federal government and see Alaska lose severe sums of monetary assistance.

This snub only adds salt to the wound.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2016, 07:11:24 PM »

Wow!

Epic level incompetence on the part of the campaign and whomever is responsible.

He did make the Oregon voter pamphlet however, so Oregonians will get a chance to read whatever is posted.

For those in other regions of the country, there are a handful of predominately Western States, where voters receive in the mail a B&W "magazine" from the state Election Department, that we use to review the stated policy positions and platforms of all candidates running on the ballot from the President to County Commissioner, as well as statewide ballot initiatives and municipal items on the ballot.

A ton of voters in states like Oregon and Alaska carefully review these and markoff their voting options prior to submitting their mail in ballots.

My crazy prediction of Alaska voting Clinton might well be born out, with even today's recent polling, combined with apparently a non-existent Trump campaign in Alaska.

Team Clinton needs to pony up $50-100k in radio ads on this state to add a little spice to the gravy.

It sounds like a good idea in theory, but in practice I have a feeling 99% of those things just get tossed in the trash without ever being read.

I guarantee you if they did that in most "red" states people would be convinced it was the government trying to fool everyone into electing Democrats to "protect their gravy train" or whatever. In fact, a lot of conservative groups put out voter guides for that very reason, especially during primaries, and they are often hilariously hyperbolic and poorly done.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2016, 07:13:57 PM »

Just more proof that the election is rigged.  Seems like Russia was probably involved due to the close geographical proximity.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2016, 07:15:51 PM »

Lol, what a total clown!
Rand
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2016, 07:48:38 PM »

What an idiot. No wonder his supporters are MIA on this forum.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2016, 08:08:34 PM »

"They suffer from inefficiency and conceit, and the combination is fatal."

(from The Whenabouts of Burr,  a fun alternate-history novel by Michael Kurland)
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2016, 09:28:52 PM »

Wow!

It sounds like a good idea in theory, but in practice I have a feeling 99% of those things just get tossed in the trash without ever being read.

I guarantee you if they did that in most "red" states people would be convinced it was the government trying to fool everyone into electing Democrats to "protect their gravy train" or whatever. In fact, a lot of conservative groups put out voter guides for that very reason, especially during primaries, and they are often hilariously hyperbolic and poorly done.

Indy---

You might well be right in theory, and although I certainly can't speak for other states with similar variations of voter pamphlets, in Oregon this is something that goes back maybe forty years or more.

I don't know about the "Red States", but Oregon was actually a solidly Republican State in national elections until 1988, and even today is competitive when it comes to statewide elections (Gubernatorial, SoS, BoL, AG, etc).

It is a ritual that goes back decades where Oregonians review the voter pamphlet and read the candidate statements of all parties, ballot initiatives, and endorsements from varying individuals and non-partisan organizations, and review the pamphlet will we gradually fill in circles on our Vote-by-Mail ballots.

I can guarantee that 90% of Oregon Voter Pamphlets are not "thrown in the trash" (Ok--- maybe 20% go into the recycling bin without being read.    Wink   )

I have lived in "Red States" including Ohio and Texas, but I think you are being a bit harsh on that.

Once it becomes a norm, like in Oregon and Alaska, and in other parts of the country, it doesn't seem weird at all. "It's election time and we get our voter pamphlet in the mail so we can review our choices before voting".... Want to know about the economic impact of a statewide ballot measure.... guess what there is an independent economic analysis regarding the impact to taxpayers and the statewide budget.... want to read about the potential legal impacts..... it's in the pamphlet.

I disagree Sir..... I have lived in Red States for many years, as well as "Red Counties" and although a print based medium is a bit archaic in 2016, many voters actually enjoy the chance and opportunity to carefully review the "final arguments" for respective candidates, as well as reviews and opinions for statewide ballot initiatives.

Although, I am not an expert on the history of this in Alaska, if it is anything close to Oregon if a major party candidate does not officially appear in the pamphlet is is indeed a major issue....

Doesn't appear that Trump is contesting the voters of Alaska, especially Seniors....
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies