Hillary's support among Millennials is growing
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:38:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Hillary's support among Millennials is growing
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Hillary's support among Millennials is growing  (Read 1421 times)
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 17, 2016, 04:57:04 PM »

New USA Today/RTV poll shoes that Hillary is up huge with young people.

Link: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pr/2016/10/17/new-usa-todayrtv-poll-finds-clintons-support-among-millennials-grows/92308856/

-Hillary is at 68% (Record Breaking consolidation), Trump at 20% (Record Low), Johnson at 8%, and lonely Jill Stein with 1.

-Millennial women are less likely to support Hillary.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 04:58:14 PM »

Young people may not be thrilled with Hillary Clinton, but it's increasingly understood that registering dissatisfaction is not worth the price of mistakenly electing an actual Nazi as president.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2016, 04:59:47 PM »

I don't think this is the first poll showing millennial women being cool to Clinton.  I have no idea why that is, though.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2016, 05:08:45 PM »

Overall, 68% of millenials support Clinton, however their breakdown by gender doesn't make sense.  65% of men support Clinton and 47% of women.  How does that math work?  Is the second set of numbers including people who said they won't vote, or something?
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2016, 05:10:25 PM »

Overall, 68% of millenials support Clinton, however their breakdown by gender doesn't make sense.  65% of men support Clinton and 47% of women.  How does that math work?  Is the second set of numbers including people who said they won't vote, or something?

I noticed that too. Must've been some typo somewhere.
Trapsy

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2016, 06:55:25 PM »
« Edited: October 17, 2016, 06:58:14 PM by Trapsy »

Millennial women need to get in line.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8rPo5kkeAA
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2016, 07:10:28 PM »

Fear-mongering works. Clinton should know, considering her Iraq vote.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2016, 07:16:19 PM »

Young people may not be thrilled with Hillary Clinton, but it's increasingly understood that registering dissatisfaction is not worth the price of mistakenly electing an actual Nazi as president.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2016, 07:23:15 PM »

I see jealousy.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2016, 07:32:02 PM »

I don't think Millennial females understand just how instrumental Hillary has been (and a whole lotta other females down through the years) in creating an atmosphere where Millennial females are able to enjoy an upgraded status as a female in our society. They take their status for granted.

But if it wasn't for the fighters, the pioneers, the ones who did all the dirty grunt work to help raise the status of females in society (including Hillary), the Millennial females would be living in backward times just like in the old days when most of us were stay-at-home moms, had little job opportunities, had workforce barriers worse than now, couldn't get a credit card of our own, had to wear dresses to school (nowadays they wear gawd-awful stuff), and a whole host of other things....

Hillary did a lot of work for females that these ladies don't ever have to think about. So while they might not like Hillary for whatever reasons, at least be aware of the fact that without her and the other female fighters and pioneers, you Millennial females would be nowhere near enjoying the kind life you live today, with the freedoms and opportunities that are at your feet.

Hillary deserves a lot of respect for shattering a glass ceiling that has never been shattered before, and when she wins the Presidency, she will be a role model for all the generations of females coming up behind her. And that's quite a responsibility that she does not take lightly.

JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2016, 07:35:27 PM »

Honey you still support the crazy wifi lady.  You have no room to talk.  And don't forget her running mate and  his support for regimes who murder their own people.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2016, 07:44:40 PM »

Exactly what we need.
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2016, 07:51:29 PM »

Millennial men are mostly <100lb lightweight hipsters who will do anything some leftist mouthpiece will tell them.  The women are stronger and will think for their selves.  A lot of them are without jobs and/or poor and they were counting on social programs like Bernie wanted to introduce...but instead they have a false war-hawk corporatist and they are drinking the Flavor-aid like the red-avs do here.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2016, 07:54:57 PM »

Millennial men are mostly <100lb lightweight hipsters who will do anything some leftist mouthpiece will tell them.  The women are stronger and will think for their selves.  A lot of them are without jobs and/or poor and they were counting on social programs like Bernie wanted to introduce...but instead they have a false war-hawk corporatist and they are drinking the Flavor-aid like the red-avs do here.

millennial women support clinton more than millenial men genius
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2016, 07:56:06 PM »

millennial women support clinton more than millenial men genius

That's not what TFA says, Einstein.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2016, 07:58:06 PM »

Mm-hmm.

Yeah, if she's getting 65% of men and 47% of women, then it's mathematically impossible to get 68% overall. Odd.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2016, 08:00:56 PM »

so the math doesn't actually add up in this poll.

great work USA today!
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2016, 08:01:49 PM »

Yeah, there obviously must be a typo somewhere.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2016, 08:18:00 PM »

Dabeav-----

I have no idea what Millennial men you chill with, but I will tell you that all of my son-in-laws are quite a bit heavier, not to mention my male friends and co-workers of that Generation.

I have five daughters that are all well over 100 lbs, which appears to be more associated with some of Trump's anorexic wives, than most Millennial women.

My Son-in-Law John served in the USMC and was two weeks away from deployment to Afghanistan when he was injected with a vaccine cocktail to handle potential issues in the combat zone, and he had an allergic reaction that sent him to the military ER outside of Camp Pendleton, where he was recovering from a coma.

My friend Eric died on 6/13/04 outside of Taji/Camp Cooke in Iraq.

Your claims are quite frankly disgusting and insult my entire family as well well as many friends that are serving and have served that are Millennials.

I lost a friend in Iraq and almost lost a son-in-law, not to mention so many others that are Millennials that have served and are serving in the US Military.

Quite frankly it sounds like you are either a teenage kid that somehow got permissions on the forum, or you are a spoiled rich kid that has not idea of the sacrifices that my children and their generation have made when it involves military service, let alone getting screwed over by the economic collapse of the late 2000s.

Tell me what you really think...

Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2016, 08:29:53 PM »

Yeah, if she's getting 65% of men and 47% of women, then it's mathematically impossible to get 68% overall. Odd.

So it's a math error you're after, that wasn't exactly clear.  I found the poll results with some digging but nowhere does it show the M/F splits:

https://www.ipsos-na.com/download/pr.aspx?id=16032

So maybe USA just guessed?

Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2016, 08:49:40 PM »

Dabeav-----

I have no idea what Millennial men you chill with, but I will tell you that all of my son-in-laws are quite a bit heavier, not to mention my male friends and co-workers of that Generation.

I have five daughters that are all well over 100 lbs, which appears to be more associated with some of Trump's anorexic wives, than most Millennial women.

My Son-in-Law John served in the USMC and was two weeks away from deployment to Afghanistan when he was injected with a vaccine cocktail to handle potential issues in the combat zone, and he had an allergic reaction that sent him to the military ER outside of Camp Pendleton, where he was recovering from a coma.

Your claims are quite frankly disgusting and insult my entire family as well well as many friends that are serving and have served that are Millennials.

I lost a friend in Iraq and almost lost a son-in-law, not to mention so many others that are Millennials that have served and are serving in the US Military.

Quite frankly it sounds like you are either a teenage kid that somehow got permissions on the forum, or you are a spoiled rich kid that has not idea of the sacrifices that my children and their generation have made when it involves military service, let alone getting screwed over by the economic collapse of the late 2000s.

I'm sorry for the losses of your children.  If they served, they were obviously not weak. I'm talking entitlement babies - the spoiled rich as you called me (I'm not I'm firmly middle class), and the math error point above wasn't clear. 

I'm just tired of this election, tired of Hillary's and Trump's lies and tired of people selling out their beliefs and principles just to stave off a supposed "Nazi".  Trump would be ineffective and probably deposed by a military coup d'etat if he even tried anything crazy like nuking anybody.  Hillary would probably get away with more wars, because she's better at the whole lying politician thing.

I want to stop the nation-building, the deposing of dictators to be replaced with even worse ones, losing trillions overseas and having the Pentagon shrug their shoulders and go "Duhhhh, I don't know where that money went George!" and I don't want our troops to die fighting overseas for these idiotic reasons. 
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2016, 08:55:06 PM »

So it's a math error you're after, that wasn't exactly clear.  I found the poll results with some digging but nowhere does it show the M/F splits:

https://www.ipsos-na.com/download/pr.aspx?id=16032

So maybe USA just guessed?
Wow, lol.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2016, 09:07:46 PM »

Trump is a perfect fit for millennials actually.  I'm shocked that other people my age aren't voting for him in droves.  Hillary is a good fit for them too, but in a different way.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2016, 10:01:20 PM »

Dabeav-----

I'm sorry for the losses of your children.  If they served, they were obviously not weak. I'm talking entitlement babies - the spoiled rich as you called me (I'm not I'm firmly middle class), and the math error point above wasn't clear. 

I'm just tired of this election, tired of Hillary's and Trump's lies and tired of people selling out their beliefs and principles just to stave off a supposed "Nazi".  Trump would be ineffective and probably deposed by a military coup d'etat if he even tried anything crazy like nuking anybody.  Hillary would probably get away with more wars, because she's better at the whole lying politician thing.

I want to stop the nation-building, the deposing of dictators to be replaced with even worse ones, losing trillions overseas and having the Pentagon shrug their shoulders and go "Duhhhh, I don't know where that money went George!" and I don't want our troops to die fighting overseas for these idiotic reasons. 

Ok Dabeav----

I agree with you 100%  when it comes  to the policies of both Political Parties, Democrat and Republican when it came to the authorization of War in Iraq back in 2003, that created the largest foreign policy disaster in the history of the United States of America.

I am also extremely tired of US Foreign Policy decisions where we overthrow one foreign dictator to replace it to a worse one... (Sign history of the Cold War from 1950-1970s there are so many examples).

As are you, I am also extremely tired and exhausted of the current Presidential Election and want it to be over ASAP.

I am not a big Clinton fan, but made a reluctant choice to support her as opposed to voting Libertarian or Green, and basically put a clothespin on my nose, even as a hardcore Bernie supporter in the primaries, although I will be one of the first to take to the streets if she does crazy ass s**t to start another war overseas.

Economic Policy---- Although I don't believe that Trump will "bring jobs back to America" I have seen many manufacturing jobs disappear overseas under both Democratic and Republican Administrations.

When I was 24-25 years old as a contractor working for a Fortune 50 Company, over 500 jobs were shipped to Mexico as a result of NAFTA. A few years later in life, the same Company closed down manufacturing lines in Oregon, to shift to Ireland, Puerto Rico, and Singapore to exploit tax loopholes and then another 1,500 employees in my manufacturing facility were laid off...

Personally, I don't know your history or background, but definitely appreciate your honesty and courage to not only speak your mind, but also vent a little, like some of us do occasionally on the forums....

BTW... your state avatar shows you are from Texas. Lived out there for four years, so feel free to send me a PM, and apologies if I was a bit harsh on my response.  Had a personal moment with friends and family, not your fault....

Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2016, 10:21:19 PM »

I see jealousy.

Nice retort.

Honey you still support the crazy wifi lady.  You have no room to talk.  And don't forget her running mate and  his support for regimes who murder their own people.

Spooky Scary Wifi Gaffe. How original.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies