Rubio-Murphy debate recap
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:33:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Rubio-Murphy debate recap
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rubio-Murphy debate recap  (Read 1562 times)
Ozymandias

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 17, 2016, 09:32:29 PM »

"Rubio, Murphy trade barbs in first Senate debate"

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/election/article108861022.html
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 12:06:15 AM »

Seems like Rubio won a crushing victory. Makes sense; his opponent is a total empty suit, whereas he is a distinguished legislator and debater, and likely future President. This exchange in particular stood out:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

LOL!
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2016, 12:43:11 AM »

Yeah the dscc was wise to pull out of this race
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2016, 12:50:34 AM »

I'm sure the ratings were through the roof!
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2016, 02:12:46 AM »

Seems like Rubio won a crushing victory. Makes sense; his opponent is a total empty suit, whereas he is a distinguished legislator and debater, and likely future President.

Calling Rubio a distinguished legislator is like calling Carmen Electra an acclaimed thespian.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2016, 04:33:06 AM »

Eh I've already come to terms with Rubio winning reelection, so whatever.
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -7.22

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2016, 04:39:29 AM »

Seems like Rubio won a crushing victory. Makes sense; his opponent is a total empty suit, whereas he is a distinguished legislator and debater, and likely future President. This exchange in particular stood out:

LOL!

Out of context, that's debilitating to Murphy. Aw well; I wasn't really counting on winning this race anyway, not with the FL Dems being what they are
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2016, 06:30:04 AM »

Interesting, everything I read on twitter was Rubio refused 4 different times to commit to serving a full term.
Fargobison

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2016, 11:00:23 AM »
« Edited: October 18, 2016, 11:03:43 AM by Fargobison »

Seems like Rubio won a crushing victory. Makes sense; his opponent is a total empty suit, whereas he is a distinguished legislator and debater, and likely future President.

Calling Rubio a distinguished legislator is like calling Carmen Electra an acclaimed thespian.

Murphy makes Marco look like an accomplished and distinguished senator. I would say Marco couldn't have gotten a better person to run against but of course the alternative was Grayson.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2016, 02:25:10 PM »

Murphy makes Marco look like an accomplished and distinguished senator. I would say Marco couldn't have gotten a better person to run against but of course the alternative was Grayson.

No one could make Rubio look like a competent or accomplished Senator; Florida is just being Florida.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2016, 04:20:22 PM »

No one could make Rubio look like a competent or accomplished Senator; Florida is just being Florida.

Yeah, this. FFS, the guy has said he hates the senate, refused to pledge that he will serve a full term, and yet Floridians don't seem to care much if their state lacks adequate representation.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2016, 10:19:07 PM »

LOL!
Wow, that was embarrassing for Murphy! Future president FBM<3 proved to be a lot better at debating than Lil Pat...
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2016, 10:21:31 PM »

LOL!
Wow, that was embarrassing for Murphy! Future president FBM<3 proved to be a lot better at debating than Lil Pat...

Marco is a master debater.  Lil Patrick had no shot!  I would trade every seat in the Senate for this one.  Give me 1 marco and 99 Democrats, and ill take those odds.
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2016, 10:22:00 PM »

LOL!
This can't possibly be real...can it?

If so, Marco has this in the bag. Good.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2016, 10:28:47 PM »

Murphy has shown himself to be quite a dud, but if anyone wants to know why Flawless Beautiful Marco Purple heart Purple heart Purple heart gets quite a bit of hate from the left on this forum, look no further than this thread.
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2016, 10:30:06 PM »

Murphy has shown himself to be quite a dud, but if anyone wants to know why Flawless Beautiful Marco Purple heart Purple heart Purple heart gets quite a bit of hate from the left on this forum, look no further than this thread.
As opposed to the countless Hillary circle-jerk threads in the 2016 forum?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2016, 10:30:52 PM »

Apologies to TNVolunteer for giving him a hard time about his prediction a while back that Rubio would easily win; he was right and I was very, very wrong on this one Sad
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2016, 10:37:14 PM »

I would trade every seat in the Senate for this one.  Give me 1 marco and 99 Democrats, and ill take those odds.

Obviously it won't happen, but boy would I love to see your face if you got what you wished for (or not even 99 Democrats but, say, 61).
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies