Who wins the 3rd and final debate?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:53:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Who wins the 3rd and final debate?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: -skip-
Hillary Clinton

Donald Trump

Draw

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 100

Author Topic: Who wins the 3rd and final debate?  (Read 2169 times)
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 18, 2016, 12:30:58 AM »

Well folks, the final debate is upon us. It went by so fast. Who wins the final debate?
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 12:45:13 AM »

It's clear where this is going.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2016, 12:50:11 AM »

I voted for Trump, just to be a contrarian, I guess.  We'll see what happens, but I don't really see the trajectory of the race changing a whole lot regardless.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2016, 12:54:33 AM »

I voted for Trump, just to be a contrarian, I guess.  We'll see what happens, but I don't really see the trajectory of the race changing a whole lot regardless.

Yeah, people have settled with a few weeks left to go. It's not a competitive election and that factors into people's decision. I voted Hillary either way.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2016, 12:56:21 AM »

Clinton on substance, draw on the expectations and style [but only because the media have finally stopped giving trump the benefit of the doubt for "muh horserace"].

No idea for once.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2016, 01:08:17 AM »

I voted draw--nobody truly wins if Trump succeeds in hijacking the debate with more garbage and diverting it further from actual policy discussion.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2016, 01:12:43 AM »

I voted draw--nobody truly wins if Trump succeeds in hijacking the debate with more garbage and diverting it further from actual policy discussion.

Well, he loses by default in that scenario, which is like 80% likely given what his pre-debate actions are indexing.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2016, 01:20:26 AM »

Foreign policy, correct?

Trump doesn't know anything about foreign policy so it should be an easy victory for Clinton (even though I'm sure I'll disagree with her quite a bit personally).
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2016, 01:28:41 AM »

Foreign policy, correct?

Trump doesn't know anything about foreign policy so it should be an easy victory for Clinton (even though I'm sure I'll disagree with her quite a bit personally).

No, it's actually going to cover a bunch of different topics: immigration, entitlements and debt, the Supreme Court, the economy, foreign policy, and each candidate's fitness to serve as president.
Alaska2392
NRS11
Rookie
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2016, 01:30:43 AM »

Hopefully Fox news is very Fair and Balanced.   We'll see how long we focus on Bengazi.
Southern Delegate matthew27
matthew27
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -1.22

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2016, 01:44:32 AM »
« Edited: October 18, 2016, 01:50:54 AM by matthew27 »

It depends on how the American people deal with the idea that she wanted a open border and a trade bloc for the America's within the emails.  You can bet fox will bring this up big time when the immigration issue comes up.

I expect fox to be extra hard on clinton in this debate.

If Trump comes off as a asshole and jerk = clinton wins.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2016, 02:02:58 AM »

It's just going to be 90 minutes of Chris and Donald pummeling Clinton with everything in their arsenal.  It's probably the last chance until 2020 for them to really beat up on her for 90 minutes on national television.  Gotta get all these scandals and insults out of their system or they'll have to spend the next four years wishing they hadn't missed their chance.
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2016, 02:24:36 AM »

Foreign policy is Clinton's wheelhouse but she will be in a very hostile environment -- Fox News.  The reverse would be if Trump had agreed to a debate on MSNBC (not that he ever would).  My guess is she barely comes out ahead, unlike the blowouts she enjoyed in the first two debates.
ursulahx
United Kingdom

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2016, 06:00:58 AM »

A draw, much like the second (Trump being awarded points for style, grading on a steep curve, and Clinton for substance).
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2016, 06:55:35 AM »
« Edited: October 18, 2016, 06:59:07 AM by Assemblyman Gass3268 »

It's just going to be 90 minutes of Chris and Donald pummeling Clinton with everything in their arsenal.  It's probably the last chance until 2020 for them to really beat up on her for 90 minutes on national television.  Gotta get all these scandals and insults out of their system or they'll have to spend the next four years wishing they hadn't missed their chance.

Based on the topics he picked I don't see where Wallace could bring up all of the scandals other than candidate's fitness part and foreign policy (but she can get really detailed there and probably throw Trump off), but that could be equally bad or worse for Trump.

Also I like that immigration is a topic, hopefully Trump says something crazy there.
PRESIDENT STANTON
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2016, 08:05:32 AM »

Whatever can be said about Fox News, Chris Wallace is recognized as a true and genuine newsman; his father was an icon in the news business (Mike Wallace of 60 Minutes fame!) So I think Wallace is ultra sensitive to the criticisms leveled at Lester Holt (First Debate), Anderson Cooper and Martha Raddatz (Second Debate). I don't expect he will cut either Trump or Hillary any slack; he will be tough, but fair. As for Trump, if he doesn't start rambling about inconsequential mumbo jumbo and focuses on the subject matter which comes up in the debate, Avoids attacking Hillary (there's a stretch!) then maybe he can elevate himself (Very doubtful) he might acquit himself well. Now with regards Hillary, she needs to take a chill pill and stop being such a know it all, show some qualities, that actually makes her likable (Don't hold your breath folks) and make a case on why she should be elected (apart from reminding folks, she's not the other guy, we got the memo a long time ago Hillary!).
BoAtlantis

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2016, 08:21:21 AM »

Trump's strength is playing the debates like WWE and speaking like a demagogue. The only part where I can see Trump scoring points for the undecided crowd is if he mentions Benghazi and repeats that she has terrible judgment.

Hillary will win with substances and preparation.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2016, 08:57:36 AM »

The candidate who won the first two debates, because the other candidate is unwilling to learn from his devastating performances. Instead this candidate is once again calling for nonsense like a drug test.
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2016, 09:19:28 AM »

I voted Clinton, but now that I think about it more, this is the more accurate response. Clinton obviously won on content in the last debate, but Trump's distractions made it difficult for the public to focus on that. With his invitation of the Benghazi mom, it's obvious he plans on going that direction again.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2016, 09:19:32 AM »

Foreign policy, correct?

No, it's actually going to cover a bunch of different topics: immigration, entitlements and debt, the Supreme Court, the economy, foreign policy, and each candidate's fitness to serve as president.

Good, I hope we finally get an abortion question. Trump is terrible at answering those for obvious reasons.

I also hope we get a transgender bathroom question just so Trump can throw Pence under the bus again and piss off SoCons even more in the process.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2016, 09:24:16 AM »

Trump
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2016, 10:57:22 AM »

Trump needs to

A. Convince America he's worthy to be President
B. Keep his base rabidly engaged
C. Beat Clinton on points
D. Stop the bleeding and downward spiral

Clinton needs to

A. Not eat a baby at the podium

Trump's objectives are actually mutually exclusive.  He can't keep up the "rigged election, throw Clinton in jail" rhetoric without frightening all of the remaining undecideds.
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2016, 11:46:13 AM »

A draw, much like the second (Trump being awarded points for style, grading on a steep curve, and Clinton for substance).

In what world was the second debate a draw?

Almost every poll showed that Hillary won that debate pretty decisively. The only compliments that I remember hearing about Trump were that he "stopped the bleeding," and "exceeded expectations."

Pretty sad if you ask me.

I think Trump is going to be completely unhinged in this debate. More so than the last two.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2016, 12:16:01 PM »

Whatever can be said about Fox News, Chris Wallace is recognized as a true and genuine newsman; his father was an icon in the news business (Mike Wallace of 60 Minutes fame!) So I think Wallace is ultra sensitive to the criticisms leveled at Lester Holt (First Debate), Anderson Cooper and Martha Raddatz (Second Debate). I don't expect he will cut either Trump or Hillary any slack; he will be tough, but fair. As for Trump, if he doesn't start rambling about inconsequential mumbo jumbo and focuses on the subject matter which comes up in the debate, Avoids attacking Hillary (there's a stretch!) then maybe he can elevate himself (Very doubtful) he might acquit himself well. Now with regards Hillary, she needs to take a chill pill and stop being such a know it all, show some qualities, that actually makes her likable (Don't hold your breath folks) and make a case on why she should be elected (apart from reminding folks, she's not the other guy, we got the memo a long time ago Hillary!).

I rather agree.

The problem for the Trump supporters is that even if Clinton brings her worst self to the debate, it doesn't hurt her that much, while Trump is going to have to do far better than he's ever show he's capable of doing (Focus on the subejct? Don't ramble? AVOID attacks? Are you watching Pence's alternate universe Trump?) just to tie things up.

Short of splashing Clinton with water and melting her into a puddle, while simultaneously pulling off his mask and revealing himself as the immortal George Washington, Trump can't actually win this.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2016, 01:18:49 PM »

clinton brings mark cuban and meg whitman to the debate.

https://twitter.com/Phil_Mattingly/status/788443079376187392

bi-partisan-trolling.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies