Which major party is CURRENTLY the party of Patriotism? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:59:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Which major party is CURRENTLY the party of Patriotism? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Which major party is CURRENTLY the party of Patriotism?  (Read 1916 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« on: October 18, 2016, 05:35:02 PM »

Democrats, of course.

Republicans are literally traitors at this point.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 06:59:52 PM »

Democrats, of course.

I know I've said this before, but traitors to what, exactly?

To their country, isn't that obvious in this context? Huh

They are actively conspiring with the leader of the country that currently poses the greatest threat to the United States and to freedom worldwide.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2016, 07:49:30 PM »

Democrats, of course.

They are actively conspiring with the leader of the country that currently poses the greatest threat to the United States and to freedom worldwide.
How can one betray an entity that exists only in ones mind?

makes u think
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2016, 10:33:31 PM »

Democrats, of course.

How can one betray an entity that exists only in ones mind?

makes u think
Aside from your mindless parroting of memes, I suggest you actually do think, and attempt to understand my position rather than simply throwing the baby out with the crib simply because I lack the ability to explain my thoughts in a cohesive manner.

You're the one who began this exchange, so I'm afraid the burden of proving the validity of your point falls on you.

And I understand your "position". It's just one among many instance of people taking a commendable idea (one I'm very sympathetic to, no less) and taking it to ridiculous extremes by forgetting the obvious facts of the situation. You don't need to be a raging nationalist to realize that Putin is a threat.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2016, 12:24:36 PM »

This isn't wrong per se. As I said, I don't disagree with the general idea.

What's silly about your position is that, by claiming to explain why a country doesn't exist, you've actually explained why it does. It exists because 1. people, here and abroad, believe it does and act on this basis, and 2. because there is an institutional structure that keeps it together. Both these things are tangible realities. By ignoring them, you're choosing to live in your own fantasy world.

Now, to the extent that people treat countries as meaningful constructs, some people's actions are going to have positive or negative repercussions on all (or at least most) inhabitants of a given country. Putin's actions are aimed at undermining democracy and economic stability in most Western countries, including the US. This means that he's actively screwing over the 300k inhabitants of this country.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2016, 01:42:47 PM »

This isn't wrong per se. As I said, I don't disagree with the general idea.

What's silly about your position is that, by claiming to explain why a country doesn't exist, you've actually explained why it does. It exists because 1. people, here and abroad, believe it does and act on this basis, and 2. because there is an institutional structure that keeps it together. Both these things are tangible realities. By ignoring them, you're choosing to live in your own fantasy world.

Now, to the extent that people treat countries as meaningful constructs, some people's actions are going to have positive or negative repercussions on all (or at least most) inhabitants of a given country. Putin's actions are aimed at undermining democracy and economic stability in most Western countries, including the US. This means that he's actively screwing over the 300k inhabitants of this country.
I don't believe I ever said that "countries" don't exist, simply that they are mere illusions.

Illusion or not, my point the existence of countries ties together (to some extent) the fates of people who live in a given one. Therefore, conspiring with a genuine enemy of the US means conspiring against all Americans.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies