NV SEN: Dumping Trump Causes Heck Problems.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:55:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NV SEN: Dumping Trump Causes Heck Problems.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NV SEN: Dumping Trump Causes Heck Problems.  (Read 683 times)
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 19, 2016, 10:01:09 AM »
« edited: October 19, 2016, 10:47:53 AM by Kevin »

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2016-10-18/dumping-trump-in-nevada-comes-with-big-risk-for-gop-senate-hopes

Pretty much sums up a lot that has been said here. Trump supporters are mad as Heck. And he can't re-endorse him now.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 10:41:42 AM »

Ugh, looks like Heck is imploding.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 10:52:54 AM »

All across the internet in their alt-right safe spaces the Trumpers keep saying how they're going to vote Dem down ballot to "get rid of the RINOS and then we can replace them next election" so I imagine that's what's happening. These people are so not smart.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2016, 11:00:54 AM »

All across the internet in their alt-right safe spaces the Trumpers keep saying how they're going to vote Dem down ballot to "get rid of the RINOS and then we can replace them next election" so I imagine that's what's happening. These people are so not smart.
I know, they're idiots who piss away winnable races. You don't win by nominating the most far right candidate. You win by nominating the most electable candidate (see Delaware Senate 2010).
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2016, 11:20:37 AM »

This is an actual thing that's happening? Good God.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2016, 11:23:32 AM »
« Edited: October 19, 2016, 11:27:35 AM by Kevin »

I know, they're idiots who piss away winnable races. You don't win by nominating the most far right candidate. You win by nominating the most electable candidate (see Delaware Senate 2010).

Actually, I imgaine the the so-called "alt-right" trolls don't really exist in signifcant numbers to have an impact at the ballot box. Even if that were true most of them probably aren't register to vote , have a job, or anything else really to have an impact beyond their mother's basement.

Although, I would agree that the attiude of many "Tea Party" and Trump's core primary supporters are a big problem.

They can't seem to get it through their head that supporting unstable candidates like the Donald is a sure(and in some cases) the only way to get Democrats  elected up and down the ballot.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2016, 11:25:13 AM »

If this is true, then I have no more excuse for discounting possibility Trump is a plant
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2016, 11:31:22 AM »

I have very mixed feelings about this, but taking back the Senate is crucial so I'm going to say good.
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -7.22

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2016, 11:40:12 AM »

I dont like the message this sends to other Republicans, but I like the prospect of Senator Cortez Mastro
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2016, 11:40:35 AM »

Go look at the comments on FB for Ryan's primary opponent Nehlan when he lost. Everyone around the country disgusted and saying to vote for the Dem (same with McCain on FB too) or when Ryan denounced Trump.

I don't know how much of an effect they can actually have but it's a thing since they think people like Ryan, McCain, etc are liberal Democrats lol
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2016, 11:43:37 AM »

Meh, people like McCain and Portman have seen basically no meaningful decrease in support after disendorsing Trump. People forget that even well-conducted polling in this race, over the summer and in September, frequently had both candidates in the 30s, with very high undecideds, which were always Democratic-leaning constituencies from the Las Vegas area who liked Heck personally but were probably always going to come home to Masto in a neutral year. I doubt the decision to disendorse/not disendorse has meaningfully affected Heck; we'd see movement in lots of other states too in that case.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2016, 12:06:26 PM »

I dont like the message this sends to other Republicans, but I like the prospect of Senator Cortez Mastro

She'd be the first female Senator from Nevada and the first Latina Senator (assuming Sanchez in California loses) overall, right? And she's a fairly competent AG, which is nice in predicting her future competence.
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -7.22

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2016, 12:08:13 PM »

She'd be the first female Senator from Nevada and the first Latina Senator (assuming Sanchez in California loses) overall, right? And she's a fairly competent AG, which is nice in predicting her future competence.

Yup! Thats all true.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2016, 12:10:58 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=248830.0

Besides this poll showing Heck up 3, two essentially internal polls showed CCM up about five.
The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2016, 12:28:53 AM »

How do you know that Catherine Cortez Masto won't get defeated like Mary Gojack, Sharron Angle, and Shelley Berkley?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies