HB 2016-1047 - House Seat Reduction Act (GOES TO SENATE) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:17:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  HB 2016-1047 - House Seat Reduction Act (GOES TO SENATE) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: HB 2016-1047 - House Seat Reduction Act (GOES TO SENATE)  (Read 1881 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« on: October 22, 2016, 06:59:47 PM »

If the House forgives me for stepping in the debate, I'd like to fully endorse Clyde's proposal, and request Congress to seriously reflect on it.

Nine seats is just too much for the House of Representatives, and the collective effect of having 15 players serving in Congress is, I believe, detrimental to the regional governments and their chances of getting more officeholders who are active. Whereas people can point out to 11 candidates this time around, that's only two more than the absolute minimum, and finding those 11 candidates doesn't seem to have been an easy task.

And from a practical point of view, a seven seat House should find it a bit easier to handle affairs rather than a nine-member one.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 06:02:06 PM »

Personally I think a seat reduction has to be enacted and soon as a clear step forward, but I defer to the other Representives on whether they think this would help.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies