HB 2016-1047 - House Seat Reduction Act (GOES TO SENATE) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:28:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  HB 2016-1047 - House Seat Reduction Act (GOES TO SENATE) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: HB 2016-1047 - House Seat Reduction Act (GOES TO SENATE)  (Read 1923 times)
Anna Komnene
Siren

« on: October 25, 2016, 01:07:28 PM »

We can easily fill 9 seats, the problem is filling them well. I see far too many people either not say anything, or simply state their opinion without elaborating or amending bills (we need more amendmending, that I strongly believe).

My only concern is that this might make it too similar to the Senate in terms of seats, although I suppose that's less important than the other matters.

I agree about more amendments, but I think more discussion is more important.  That's why I usually start out by saying my impressions to try to gauge what everyone thinks.  But if nobody replies, it can be kind of awkward.  The problem is there's no way to force discussion.  We need people who are excited about Atlasia, basically.  The best way to do that long term is to recruit new players.

Not to be a moderate hero, but I think there's definite good arguments on both sides.  Having more seats makes it more likely that people will run that don't really want to just so we can fill the seats.  People that don't want to run aren't likely to be active.  On the other hand, having more voices in the House, gives more opportunity for different views and more likely to have at least a few of them be active.

This might get under some people's skin, but it's the truth.  Maybe the biggest reason to lower the number of seats is that the regions are a complete disaster.  The South started out pretty good, but it got gutted by moves to federal office (myself included).  The last I checked, they haven't even picked a speaker for the new session.  It's pretty sad.  The North might be even worse.  Tbh, I'm not sure that cutting 2 seats in the House is going to solve those problems, but it might help a little bit.  We can always increase the number again later on when the game starts thriving again.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 10:30:29 PM »

If the number of House seats is reduced, y'all will need to add a clause specifying that the amendment does not take effect until the seating of the next Congress.

I guess with the new language proposed by President Leinad, we wouldn't need that specification anymore?
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2016, 12:08:26 PM »

Aye
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2016, 12:06:29 AM »

Aye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies