PREDICT - IL 10 Dold (R) vs. Schneider (D)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:48:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PREDICT - IL 10 Dold (R) vs. Schneider (D)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: PREDICT - IL 10 Dold (R) vs. Schneider (D)  (Read 2021 times)
Progressive
jro660

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 19, 2016, 05:19:39 PM »

I think 52 Schneider - 48 Dold
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 05:31:45 PM »

^ That sounds about right, but look for Dold to win the seat back in 2018, then Schneider wins it back in 2020, then Dold wins it back in 2022, and so on until one of them is dead.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 05:40:44 PM »

^ That sounds about right, but look for Dold to win the seat back in 2018, then Schneider wins it back in 2020, then Dold wins it back in 2022, and so on until one of them is dead.
LOL I think Democrats may try to primary out Schneider with someone who can lock down this seat. But that will be tough, it's one of the last (downballot) Rockefeller Republican holdouts.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2016, 05:44:55 PM »

Dan Seals could run against Schneider in the primaries in 2018 or 2020. In Lake Forest, Howard Radzely, former Deputy Secretary of Labor, resides, working for Boeing. Radzely could run for this seat in 2018 if Dold loses this year. Corine Wood(R), former Lieutenant Governor, lives in Lake Forest too.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2016, 06:04:58 PM »

Dan Seals could run against Schneider in the primaries in 2018 or 2020. In Lake Forest, Howard Radzely, former Deputy Secretary of Labor, resides, working for Boeing. Radzely could run for this seat in 2018 if Dold loses this year. Corine Wood(R), former Lieutenant Governor, lives in Lake Forest too.
Seals couldn't win the district in 2008 of all years, so I don't think he's a good candidate. Wood is up in age, has been out of office for over a decade, and is associated with unpopular ex-Gov. George Ryan, so she is not good either.
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2016, 06:32:20 PM »

I think Mark Kirk will run for the seat in 2018
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2016, 06:52:52 PM »

I think Mark Kirk will run for the seat in 2018
It is more likely Dold will run for senate before that happens.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2016, 07:33:25 PM »

Seals couldn't win the district in 2008 of all years, so I don't think he's a good candidate. Wood is up in age, has been out of office for over a decade, and is associated with unpopular ex-Gov. George Ryan, so she is not good either.

Seals ran against Kirk. Additionally, just because he could best Schneider in a primary doesn't mean he has a good chance in the general.
mds32
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2016, 10:22:16 AM »

I think Dold wins 53-47. I think the Democrats will be more split on Schneider this time due to the primary fight.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2016, 09:48:26 AM »
« Edited: October 22, 2016, 09:52:39 AM by Mr. Illini »

I think Dold wins again. Schneider is trying to run the "generic Democrat" campaign with the idea that Trump is a Republican, but I think that voters view Trump and Dold completely separately. I would predict an even greater crossover percentage than in past years, which has always been high in the district.

Dold 51 - 49 Schneider

If Schneider loses, it is his last go. I think Dems are upset with the campaign that he has run, and there is plenty of Democratic $$$ and influence residing in the district. J.B. Pritzker - one of Obama's biggest backers since he was in the State Senate - resides there. I could see him making a run. Possibly Rotering again or another Highland Park pol - lots of Democratic $ and power there.

I do not expect Mark Kirk or Dan Seals - the old rivalry - to make a run for the seat again.
JMT

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2016, 10:47:09 AM »

51 Schneider - 49 Dold. Dold then runs again for the seat in 2018 and wins it back
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2016, 01:17:27 PM »

This is what would have happened in New Hampshire 1st if Frank Guinta hadn't have messed up.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2016, 01:34:48 PM »

I think Dold wins again. Schneider is trying to run the "generic Democrat" campaign with the idea that Trump is a Republican, but I think that voters view Trump and Dold completely separately. I would predict an even greater crossover percentage than in past years, which has always been high in the district.

Dold 51 - 49 Schneider

If Schneider loses, it is his last go. I think Dems are upset with the campaign that he has run, and there is plenty of Democratic $$$ and influence residing in the district. J.B. Pritzker - one of Obama's biggest backers since he was in the State Senate - resides there. I could see him making a run. Possibly Rotering again or another Highland Park pol - lots of Democratic $ and power there.

I do not expect Mark Kirk or Dan Seals - the old rivalry - to make a run for the seat again.

If Dold wins this year, he wins fairly comfortably in 2018, and likely becomes entrenched. The only question then is if he's satisfied with the house, or if he'll try to run statewide at some point.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2016, 01:48:45 PM »

Dold 51 - 49 Schneider

If Dold wins this year, he wins fairly comfortably in 2018, and likely becomes entrenched. The only question then is if he's satisfied with the house, or if he'll try to run statewide at some point.

He will never become entrenched.  This is how it's going to be every presidential year for Dold.  I have to wonder if the amount of money spent on this seat every year is worth it for the NRCC.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2016, 09:40:06 PM »

Schneider takes it, 52-47

Illinois Dems really were strong on Tuesday despite a bad night nationally. Senate race was called by media outlets upon poll-close and Schneider took the 10th pretty strongly.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2016, 10:20:26 PM »

I'm almost happy Dold and Kirk lost because of what it does for the party.  It shows that my party is 100% united behind the right to life and will work to make sure Roe goes away forever.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2016, 11:03:56 PM »

I'm almost happy Dold and Kirk lost because of what it does for the party.  It shows that my party is 100% united behind the right to life and will work to make sure Roe goes away forever.

Now you've triggered RINO Tom Wink

He's going to sport a green or red avatar soon enough, I wager. Wink
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2016, 11:21:30 PM »

Is Dold going to try AGAIN or is this going to finally have a stable incumbent?
PAK Man

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2016, 11:28:29 PM »

Schneider takes it, 52-47

Illinois Dems really were strong on Tuesday despite a bad night nationally. Senate race was called by media outlets upon poll-close and Schneider took the 10th pretty strongly.

Susana Mendoza also won the comptroller's race, which genuinely surprised me. I thought Leslie Munger would narrowly hold on. I think the last time an incumbent comptroller was defeated was back in the 70s. Then again, this is one of those "revolving door" offices in the state, where most office holders stay for just one term before running for another office (Treasurer is another revolving door office)
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2016, 11:36:53 PM »

The abortion debate is not over, so long as there are pro-choicers in this country, so stop acting as if the issue can be resolved any time soon.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2016, 10:17:34 AM »

I would guess that he will run again, chalking this year up to Trump unpopularity.

In 2018, though, he'll be facing two years of a Trump presidency and Rauner at the top of the ballot.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2016, 11:21:13 AM »

I would guess that he will run again, chalking this year up to Trump unpopularity.

In 2018, though, he'll be facing two years of a Trump presidency and Rauner at the top of the ballot.

I would think that Trump being President would make it much harder to win the seat again than in 2014.
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2016, 11:24:56 AM »

Bye Dold. Sad
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2016, 07:06:16 PM »

Dold lost because Kirk decided he needed to go out with a bang.  If Kirk had actually run a good campaign, yes he still would have lost, but Dold would have held on. Hopefully Rauner has more sense in two years.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2016, 07:55:29 PM »

Dold lost because Kirk decided he needed to go out with a bang.  If Kirk had actually run a good campaign, yes he still would have lost, but Dold would have held on. Hopefully Rauner has more sense in two years.
I thought Dold was going to win until Kirk kept on saying a ton of racist bullcrap and shot himself in the foot over and over. Kirk took his protege down with him in doing so.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies