Do you call the election for Hillary Clinton now?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:15:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Do you call the election for Hillary Clinton now?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: ^^^^^
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 141

Author Topic: Do you call the election for Hillary Clinton now?  (Read 2315 times)
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2016, 12:45:44 PM »

I called it a while ago.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2016, 01:03:52 PM »

I'm always hesitant to declare an election's over until the votes are counted.  But this one now feels like as close to a sure thing as I've seen since 1996.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2016, 01:04:56 PM »

wait for the reaction of the american public on his debate performance.

if they agree with the media and us freaks and the political class.....this is over.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2016, 01:05:34 PM »

No.

The supposed Hillary supporters need to actually vote.
That won't happen.

Your kind said the same thing in 2012.
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2016, 01:13:48 PM »

I would be less shocked if Hillary won Kansas than if she lost the election.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2016, 01:34:22 PM »

Yes, because of how many votes have already been cast.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2016, 01:41:46 PM »

I would be less shocked if Hillary won Kansas than if she lost the election.

at this point, yes.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2016, 01:43:54 PM »

"It ain't over 'til it's over." — Yogi Berra

(But holy crap it really seems like it.)
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2016, 02:37:10 PM »

No.

The supposed Hillary supporters need to actually vote.
That won't happen.

Your kind said the same thing in 2012.

No, I didn't. I didn't think then that the turnout would be low.
BoAtlantis

« Reply #59 on: October 20, 2016, 02:52:26 PM »

It's far from over.

I'm a believer in statistics and the law of probabilities but as human nature is predisposed, there is inevitably always a drip of doubt in my mind because of the sheer possibility that he even has 10-20% chance of winning which makes me shudder.

I felt more confident with Obama's victory over Romney even though he was the heavy favorite back then as well. Somehow, Trump's ability to crawl back spouts off different dynamics of mood for me. Even a low probability like 10-20% psychologically feels closer to 50-60% chance just because of the monstrosity that he is.

Oh, and did I tell you it's not even a guarantee he'll concede even if he loses bigly?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #60 on: October 20, 2016, 03:03:20 PM »

It's far from over.

I'm a believer in statistics and the law of probabilities but as human nature is predisposed, there is inevitably always a drip of doubt in my mind because of the sheer possibility that he even has 10-20% chance of winning which makes me shudder.

I felt more confident with Obama's victory over Romney even though he was the heavy favorite back then as well. Somehow, Trump's ability to crawl back spouts off different dynamics of mood for me. Even a low probability like 10-20% psychologically feels closer to 50-60% chance just because of the monstrosity that he is.

Oh, and did I tell you it's not even a guarantee he'll concede even if he loses bigly?

He's like the final boss you have to beat between 3-5 before you win the game.
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: October 20, 2016, 03:27:12 PM »

It's far from over.

I felt more confident with Obama's victory over Romney because the Mitt Romney was a decent human being who would have made a fine President.  I would have been afraid of a SCOTUS that would stand in the way of social progress, but we wouldn't have gone down in flames.

The low probability of a Trump victory feels psychologically closer because of the dark place our nation is flirting with.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #62 on: October 20, 2016, 03:39:39 PM »

Yes, Hillary Clinton has won.  I would bet $300 on it.

If you make that bet on Predictit right now you'd make $75 in profit!
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #63 on: October 20, 2016, 03:54:51 PM »

ROFL, posted by The Donald on Twitter a couple of hours ago:

And how is President Trump gonna do that exactly? By sending the rather large portion of the electorate who despises him to the death camps?

But to answer the question, the election was already decided in Hillary's favour on October 7, 2016 with the release of the Access Hollywood tape.

I figured that "American Unity" was a trial balloon for the name of his post-loss scam.
BoAtlantis

« Reply #64 on: October 20, 2016, 03:56:14 PM »

It's far from over.

I felt more confident with Obama's victory over Romney because the Mitt Romney was a decent human being who would have made a fine President.  I would have been afraid of a SCOTUS that would stand in the way of social progress, but we wouldn't have gone down in flames.

The low probability of a Trump victory feels psychologically closer because of the dark place our nation is flirting with.

Romney was a reasonable right leaning moderate. And I respected him tremendously for being prepared in the first debate and speaking the right words. Somehow, even when Hillary defeats Trump in debates, there doesn't seem to be a moral victory. He's like a stain on shirt that never goes away.
BoAtlantis

« Reply #65 on: October 20, 2016, 03:57:08 PM »

It's far from over.

He's like the final boss you have to beat between 3-5 before you win the game.

That's one way of putting it. He's a human backboard.
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: October 20, 2016, 04:33:19 PM »

It's far from over.

Romney was a reasonable right leaning moderate. And I respected him tremendously for being prepared in the first debate and speaking the right words. Somehow, even when Hillary defeats Trump in debates, there doesn't seem to be a moral victory. He's like a stain on shirt that never goes away.

When you wrestle a s**t-flinging orangutan, there's no way you come out of it looking or smelling nice.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies