"Boehner killer" Rep. Mark Meadows also leds the new charge against Paul Ryan
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 09:36:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  "Boehner killer" Rep. Mark Meadows also leds the new charge against Paul Ryan
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: "Boehner killer" Rep. Mark Meadows also leds the new charge against Paul Ryan  (Read 2745 times)
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 19, 2016, 11:55:53 PM »
« edited: October 20, 2016, 06:19:24 PM by ApatheticAustrian »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

https://twitter.com/costareports/status/788959098482012160
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-driven-divide-will-consume-gop-long-after-election/2016/10/20/1698188c-9610-11e6-bc79-af1cd3d2984b_story.html?postshare=6021476937316956&tid=ss_tw
Southern Delegate matthew27
matthew27
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -1.22

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 12:11:20 AM »

Good, I hope the democrats win and take back the house!
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2016, 12:11:25 AM »

One of the best stories of this election cycle:

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/08/tea-party-pacs-ideas-death-214164

You must be logged in to read this quote.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2016, 12:18:25 AM »

Too bad his Trumpite opponent lost by 68 points in the Republican primary.
Trapsy

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2016, 12:27:55 AM »

lol I remember when Hannity called for Ryan to be the House MJRTY leader.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2016, 12:42:07 AM »

This is reminiscent of Trump calling Hillary a puppet.
hopper
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2016, 01:31:46 AM »

I listen to Sean Hannity every once in awhile but doesn't he realize there is a President of a different political party in the White House and that Republicans have to "compromise"? Sean doesn't get how government works. He is obsessed with ObamaCare being repealed as well which won't happen because the President name is Barack Obama!
hopper
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2016, 02:35:01 AM »

The Washington Post article might have substance if Trump won the election but he won't win. How many times can you hear "The Election Is Rigged", "The Election Is Rigged". Frankly, I'm tired of hearing it the past 1-2 weeks and even if you believe that The Election Is Rigged"  your gonna get tired of hearing it after while. Its like Democrats whining about Voter ID.

progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2016, 08:33:04 AM »

Sean Hannity is one of those guys that is so right-wing he'd vote for a Neo Nazi serial killer if he had an R next to his name.  He's tied with Rush Limbaugh for the biggest partisan hack in the world.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2016, 08:44:52 AM »

This is a great example of why talk radio's influence is so self-defeating for conservative goals. Sure, it builds a massive audience who become reliable GOP voters, but they also fall for such extreme nonsense and hold their legislators (both D and R) to such absurd standards because of what some bloviating "entertainer" can spout on air with 0 consequences. People like Hannity and Limbaugh don't need to legislate so they don't need to compromise, and they teach their listeners that THEY should never have to compromise either.

There's plenty of ardently left-wing media too (The Stranger here in Seattle I wouldn't use to wipe my rear with) that has poisoned discourse at a local level (again, see "Stranger, The") but thankfully they have none of the national reach that the Entertainment Wing has on the right.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2016, 09:21:35 AM »

If there’s a reason to get rid of Ryan besides political issues, it’s because he once supported a sexist clown.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2016, 09:31:27 AM »

Who cares what Sean Hannity thinks, I hope this Trump TV thing really does happen so Hannity can weasel over there. Then Fox News can actually start to gain legitimacy, hopefully Reilly also goes that way
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2016, 10:44:16 AM »

There's plenty of ardently left-wing media too (The Stranger here in Seattle I wouldn't use to wipe my rear with) that has poisoned discourse at a local level (again, see "Stranger, The")

There's plenty of ardently left-wing media too (The Stranger here in Seattle I wouldn't use to wipe my rear with) that has poisoned discourse at a local level (again, see "Stranger, The")

MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2016, 10:47:54 AM »

Ryan will win re-election and repudiate the Drumpfs and alt-righters. I hope he gives up speaker, let someone else fail and then rider in the hero at a later date.
hopper
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2016, 12:01:47 PM »
« Edited: October 20, 2016, 12:06:47 PM by hopper »

Who cares what Sean Hannity thinks, I hope this Trump TV thing really does happen so Hannity can weasel over there. Then Fox News can actually start to gain legitimacy, hopefully Reilly also goes that way
O'Reilly I don't mind he makes sense. He supports things such as gun-control and immigration reform.

"Trump TV"? Maybe it will some "Cache" for awhile but it probably will be like "The Blaze" long term and not have very good ratings. The party is still the same as it was 10 years ago with Conservatives, Moderate Conservatives, and Moderates in the Northeast and  West Coast and not far-right wingers that make up the majority of the party.
hopper
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2016, 12:06:20 PM »

Ryan will win re-election and repudiate the Drumpfs and alt-righters. I hope he gives up speaker, let someone else fail and then rider in the hero at a later date.
I like Ryan but don't agree with him on every single thing. The Export-Import Bank I don't agree with him on for example on renewal of the program. The Export-Import Bank should be privatized because right now because it is a giveaway to lobbyists and special interests in DC.
hopper
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2016, 12:10:24 PM »

If there’s a reason to get rid of Ryan besides political issues, it’s because he once supported a sexist clown.
Of course he is gonna vote for his parties nominee because he would look stupid if he didn't because he is "Speaker Of the House" .

I think had the sexual accusations against Trump came out in the primary there is no way he would have survived the primary. We would probably be talking about Ted Cruz being the nominee right now.
hopper
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2016, 12:13:14 PM »

Sean Hannity is one of those guys that is so right-wing he'd vote for a Neo Nazi serial killer if he had an R next to his name.  He's tied with Rush Limbaugh for the biggest partisan hack in the world.
Does Limbaugh even have the influence that he had over the party like 10-20 years ago? I think Hannity, and Levin are more popular than him now.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2016, 12:17:40 PM »

I think Hannity, and Levin are more popular than him now.

since i think rush is more amusing and talented than both of the others combined, just another tidbit whch makes this year special.
hopper
United States

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2016, 12:24:15 PM »

This is a great example of why talk radio's influence is so self-defeating for conservative goals. Sure, it builds a massive audience who become reliable GOP voters, but they also fall for such extreme nonsense and hold their legislators (both D and R) to such absurd standards because of what some bloviating "entertainer" can spout on air with 0 consequences. People like Hannity and Limbaugh don't need to legislate so they don't need to compromise, and they teach their listeners that THEY should never have to compromise either.

There's plenty of ardently left-wing media too (The Stranger here in Seattle I wouldn't use to wipe my rear with) that has poisoned discourse at a local level (again, see "Stranger, The") but thankfully they have none of the national reach that the Entertainment Wing has on the right.
On the compromise part and talk radio I do wonder how these talk radio listeners(the no compromise listens) ever have been married before since you have to compromise in marriage.  For the record I have never been married but I know my decisions would be different because I would have to account for another person being in my life. I do think Conservative Talk Radio spouts some nonsense just to keep the advertisers happy but most of the rhetoric that they spout they do believe.

Yes Seattle is a very left-wing but I think if left-wing talk radio "made it" in NYC Or Los Angeles left-wing talk radio might have an impact on the national level for Democrats. The NYC and LA radio markets still yield a lot of power nationally I think.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2016, 12:26:56 PM »

Of course he is gonna vote for his parties nominee because he would look stupid if he didn't because he is "Speaker Of the House" .

I think had the sexual accusations against Trump came out in the primary there is no way he would have survived the primary. We would probably be talking about Ted Cruz being the nominee right now.

I highly doubt he's voting for Trump (doesn't mean he'll vote Clinton). You can tell he hates the man but can't do anything as speaker. Needs to give it up because an implosion is coming soon.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2016, 12:27:54 PM »

Actually the guy needing ousting is Hannity. What an embarrassing hackish enabler he is. I hope the Murdock kids getting around to effecting this necessary little house cleaning chore soon.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2016, 06:20:00 PM »

GOP lawmaker: Move to oust Ryan grows over speaker's tepid support of Trump
http://edition.cnn.com/2016/10/20/politics/republicans-ousting-paul-ryan-donald-trump/index.html?sr=twpol102016republicans-ousting-paul-ryan-donald-trump1115PMVODtopLink&linkId=30183575

Rep. Mark Meadows said Thursday the effort to remove Speaker Paul Ryan is "picking up some steam" because many GOP lawmakers and a stream of callers to the North Carolinian's congressional offices are incensed the Wisconsin Republican hasn't embraced fully Donald Trump's candidacy for president.

"A lot of people who believe so desperately that we need to put Donald Trump in the White House -- they question the loyalty of the speaker," Meadows told radio host Tyler Cralle of WAAV radio in Wilmington, North Carolina.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2016, 06:23:20 PM »

It would be funny if after the election Republicans could not find a speaker candidate, opening a way for a "bipartisan" nomination Smiley
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2016, 06:39:20 PM »

On the compromise part and talk radio I do wonder how these talk radio listeners(the no compromise listens) ever have been married before since you have to compromise in marriage.  For the record I have never been married but I know my decisions would be different because I would have to account for another person being in my life. I do think Conservative Talk Radio spouts some nonsense just to keep the advertisers happy but most of the rhetoric that they spout they do believe.

Yes Seattle is a very left-wing but I think if left-wing talk radio "made it" in NYC Or Los Angeles left-wing talk radio might have an impact on the national level for Democrats. The NYC and LA radio markets still yield a lot of power nationally I think.

Interestingly enough there have been weaksauce attempts to get left wing talk off the ground and it always fails miserably. NY and LA would be the place to do it, though.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies