Potential vote fraud!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:21:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Potential vote fraud!
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Potential vote fraud!  (Read 489 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 20, 2016, 10:49:17 AM »

Is Trump on to something?  Here is the deal. Even though I moved to NY more than two years ago, and registered to vote in NY, Dan and I just received absentee ballots in the mail from California. We had both signed up when we lived in California to receive absentee ballots automatically. Indeed, there isn't even anything in the paper work to send back stating that one has decamped, and should be removed from the voter rolls. So now we have some potential for vote fraud. The situation should be monitored carefully to see if Torie and Dan in fact commit the felony of voting in CA by filling out our ballots and mailing them back to Orange County registrar of voters.

In all seriousness, the system does not do enough to "cleanse" out folks on the voter rolls who should not be on the voter rolls. That is in part, Mr. Trump, why we have so much "deadwood" on the voter rolls. But Donald, believe it or not, most folks have ethics (not everybody is like you), and simply would never think of committing such a crime. So shut up. Thank you.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 10:55:17 AM »

I'm registered to vote in 3 states, I could have some fun and rack up frequent flyer miles at the same time.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2016, 11:32:41 AM »

In IL 20 years ago a voter registrar (including partisan precinct captains and committeemen) could fill out a form and state that residents of a household had moved or died. Those voters would be removed from the rolls. However there were rare cases where people were improperly removed. They arrived to vote and found that they were no longer registered. Ouch.

To prevent this (especially when politically motivated) the law was changed so that only the election authorities (usually the county clerk) could remove names. They had to go to the time and expense of mailing a postcard to each household. If the card was returned by the post office as undeliverable the voter could be removed. If the voter had not participated for a number of cycles and didn't actively return the postcard they could also be removed. Also coroners will report deaths to the county of residence and those voters can be removed.

The problem now is that the trouble of the above mentioned voter purge is the time and expense. It doesn't happen every cycle and isn't uniform across election jurisdictions. The voter lists in my precinct now include all sorts of people who have moved. There are even registered voters who died in other states and can't be removed until the next purge.

In principle electronic voter lists across the states should be linked. That way if Torie registers in NY it automatically notifies CA and OC can strike him from their list. In practice I don't think that works given the frequency of identity confusion. Just ask people who got confused with those on the TSA no-fly list. As a society we don't want to be tracked, but that makes keeping accurate voter lists very difficult.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2016, 03:05:38 PM »

So Torie is voting for Trump twice?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2016, 03:23:07 PM »

Voter registration is one more area where a central federal agency would undoubtedly do a much better job of organizing this than the chaotic mishmash of 50 independent agencies, most of which are headed by partisan elected officials.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2016, 03:55:08 PM »
« Edited: October 20, 2016, 03:56:57 PM by Torie »

So Torie is voting for Trump twice?

I can't stop giggling over that one.  I am really enjoying his implosion though. I admit it! Tongue
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies