2016- Interesting Times
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:11:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2016- Interesting Times
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2016- Interesting Times  (Read 281 times)
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 20, 2016, 02:25:36 PM »
« edited: November 12, 2016, 01:41:48 PM by Parrotguy »

Hey all Smiley
I'm fairly new here, but after reading a few timelines, and considering that writing is one of my hobbies, I've decided to create my own timeline. I know many of you may be sick of 2016, but this one, I hope, can be unique and interest you. Please do tell me if you would like me to continue Smiley

April 12th, 2015

BREAKING NEWS: FORMER SECRETARY OF STATE HILLARY CLINTON WILL NOT SEEK THE PRESIDENCY

Today, in a major announcement in Brooklyn, New York, which was widely expected to be the start of her campaign for President in the 2016 elections, Hillary Clinton announced that she will, in fact, not run, causing one of the biggest political earthquakes this year.

In her speech, Secretary Clinton cited a number of issues which caused her to decide not to run, including the birth of her new granddaughter and her wish to step down in favour of a new generation of Democrats, but many speculate that there may be another issue, such as the email server scandal which surfaced last month.

Indeed, this comes as a real surprise to those who saw her as an immediate presumptive nominee. Speculations about the candidates who will now join the clear Democratic field, previously scared off by the presumably inevitable candidacy of Secretary Clinton, join the speculations about the Republican field which already includes Texas Senator Ted Cruz and Kentucky Senator Rand Paul, who announced just a few days ago. Florida Senator Marco Rubio, who was heavily speculated to be planning a presidential bid, has a big announcement scheduled tomorrow, but we've recieved word that he will be postponing it to avoid getting overshadowed by the media storm caused by Hillary Clinton.

The Republican names that are repeatedly floated are former Florida Governor Jeb Bush, former Pennsylvania Senator Rick Sentorum, New Jersey Governor Chris Christie, previous Vice Presidential nominees Paul Ryan and Sarah Palin, and many others.

Meanwhile, the Democratic names that are now being floated include Vice President Joe Biden, former Indiana Senator Evan Bayh, HUD Secretary Julian Castro, Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, New Jersey Senator Cory Booker, Virginia Senators Tim Kaine and Mark Warner, Colorado Governor Jon Hickenlooper and others.

We shall wait and see, in the coming months, how will this already-shocking election develop.

Feel free to speculate about the candidates, I'd like to know who do you want to run Wink Let's just say that this will diverge from our timeline heavily. And again, please do tell me if you'd like this continued, and how did you like the first update.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies