Does Wikileaks have anything more on DNC/HRC/etc megethread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:10:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Does Wikileaks have anything more on DNC/HRC/etc megethread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10
Author Topic: Does Wikileaks have anything more on DNC/HRC/etc megethread  (Read 11164 times)
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2016, 06:25:25 PM »
« edited: October 20, 2016, 06:28:50 PM by ApatheticAustrian »

besides the fact that they try to influence an election during its final days and seemingly want to let this go on until november 8th...(otherwise they would have dropped all podesta files at once)

...... this is also much less "interesting" in most ways than their usual bombshells like diplomatic judgements or military secrets ....

this is just....political gossip and intra-party-bickering, only useable for republican operatives.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2016, 06:27:07 PM »

They just posted a link to an article on their twitter about how Clinton surrogates can't back up the fabrication claims. Is that the surprise?

ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2016, 06:29:26 PM »

They just posted a link to an article on their twitter about how Clinton surrogates can't back up the fabrication claims. Is that the surprise?

they are going to gave some kind of "proof" their content is real.

(or at least some parts, which is the common position atm)
Fusionmunster

« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2016, 06:32:26 PM »

they are going to gave some kind of "proof" their content is real.

(or at least some parts, which is the common position atm)

How though? Outside of giving us access to John Podesta's email address, I cant think of any type of proof.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2016, 06:33:20 PM »

How though? Outside of giving us access to John Podesta's email address, I cant think of any type of proof.

maybe some great quotes from both brazile and kaine.....Wink won't prove anything anyway.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2016, 06:35:01 PM »

This is getting too meta for anyone other than political reporters to give a crap.
Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2016, 06:40:33 PM »

This is getting too meta for anyone other than political reporters to give a crap.
Yep, you're right. Smiley

I'm more interested to see the jokes Clinton and Trump will give tonight in the Al Smith dinner.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2016, 06:44:10 PM »

The sex tape nobody has been asking for!

I'll pay that lol!
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2016, 06:47:45 PM »

I'm more interested to see the jokes Clinton and Trump will give tonight in the Al Smith dinner.

theoretically trump is a much better comedian (both in terms of skill and unwanted humour) but he hates scripted stuff and i think he won't feel like laughting atm.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2016, 06:48:26 PM »

maybe some great quotes from both brazile and kaine.....Wink won't prove anything anyway.

Or if the hack is ongoing, e-mails from Brazile and Kaine discussing how the e-mails leaked so far are real.  But I don't think the hack is ongoing - or that they'd be stupid enough to e-mail something like that now.
rafta_rafta

« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2016, 06:51:57 PM »

Both are terrible comedians. Trump comes off as a blowhard and Clinton's intonations sound too rehearsed while making jokes.

She's at her best and most comfortable when discussing policy.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2016, 06:57:34 PM »

I've been watching the Wikileaks twitter and its kind of funny how they've admitted Hillary is probably going to win. They're claiming the election has been rigged, but I'm assuming that means they've got nothing damaging left.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2016, 06:58:31 PM »

what a coincidence that O'Keefe also suddenly talks a lot about Brazile. (seemingly cause the names unearthed by O'Keefe also appear in Wikileaks emails)

he claims to publish audio tape about meetings with the white house next week.....guess obama himself is going to order the voter fraud squad how to do their job!!!!11111!1!!!

You must be logged in to read this quote.
https://twitter.com/JamesOKeefeIII/status/789221816506064896?lang=de
Fusionmunster

« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2016, 07:02:40 PM »

what a coincidence that O'Keefe also suddenly talks a lot about Brazile. (seemingly cause the names unearthed by O'Keefe also appear in Wikileaks emails)

he claims to publish audio tape about meetings with the white house next week.....guess obama himself is going to order the voter fraud squad how to do their job!!!!11111!1!!!

You must be logged in to read this quote.
https://twitter.com/JamesOKeefeIII/status/789221816506064896?lang=de

"May", which means shes not actually involved. Its just more videos with Creamer on the phone or something.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2016, 07:06:39 PM »

Why is O'Keefe not in prison? It's past time that these people illegally recording conversation and stealing information are prosecuted. I'd love to see his attitude be so smug if he was trapped in a jail cell eating crappy food.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2016, 07:10:20 PM »

Why is O'Keefe not in prison? It's past time that these people illegally recording conversation and stealing information are prosecuted. I'd love to see his attitude be so smug if he was trapped in a jail cell eating crappy food.

Relax. Prison is a horrible place. Do not wish it on others.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2016, 07:18:15 PM »

I just have an issue with people claiming corruption when they are the ones who are doing corrupt and illegal things.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2016, 07:20:29 PM »

I just have an issue with people claiming corruption when they are the ones who are doing corrupt and illegal things.

Be better than them.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2016, 07:36:21 PM »

Yeah, that First Amendment is horrible.  We should abolish it!  Darn journalists!
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2016, 07:45:21 PM »

Yeah, that First Amendment is horrible.  We should abolish it!  Darn journalists!

o'keefe is not a journalist, he is an activist.

and ofc he walks a subtle line regarding breaking the law...but this is not for me to decide.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2016, 07:47:48 PM »

He's not a journalist and I suggest that you look up the definition of what a journalist is. And when you commit illegal acts to create stories, it's not journalism, it's criminal. Maybe you are into committing crime, but personally that isn't something that I like.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2016, 07:49:39 PM »

and ofc he walks a subtle line regarding breaking the law...but this is not for me to decide.

O'Keefe is a citizen journalist, doing the types of jobs 60 Minutes and other TV news magazines used to do more often.  That he has a particular point of view in his pieces is irrelevant.  So did 60 Minutes when they used to do hidden camera journalism more often than they do now.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2016, 07:54:43 PM »

O'Keefe is a citizen journalist, doing the types of jobs 60 Minutes and other TV news magazines used to do more often.  That he has a particular point of view in his pieces is irrelevant.  So did 60 Minutes when they used to do hidden camera journalism more often than they do now.

All journalists are citizens somewhere, but not just anyone can be a journalist. To be a journalist you actually do legitimate reporting and writing, not just sending out tweets and posting videos. The fact that you would compare this person to 60 Minutes is just plain dumb.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2016, 07:59:01 PM »

That he has a particular point of view in his pieces is irrelevant. 

no, it is not.

if you are a columnist or an editorializer, it's okay...and even good to show where you are coming from.

he is more like michael moore or dinesh d'souza..... creating movies through investigative techniques and then using the material in an enteraining way, fitting your narrative, without transparency or a chance for a re-check.

it's political activism and it's all right...we just shouldn't swallow it without critical questions.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2016, 08:00:17 PM »

All journalists are citizens somewhere, but not just anyone can be a journalist. To be a journalist you actually do legitimate reporting and writing, not just sending out tweets and posting videos. The fact that you would compare this person to 60 Minutes is just plain dumb.

Sorry.  Just because you disagree with a citizen journalist's point of view doesn't make them anything less of a journalist.  There is no meaningful difference between a hidden camera sting on your sleazy local used car dealer or a sleazy political figure.  Exposing the unwanted truth lurking behind the scenes is the epitome of investigative journalism.  And both are protected by the First Amendment.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies