Does Wikileaks have anything more on DNC/HRC/etc megethread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:55:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Does Wikileaks have anything more on DNC/HRC/etc megethread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Does Wikileaks have anything more on DNC/HRC/etc megethread  (Read 11287 times)
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« on: October 20, 2016, 07:06:39 PM »

Why is O'Keefe not in prison? It's past time that these people illegally recording conversation and stealing information are prosecuted. I'd love to see his attitude be so smug if he was trapped in a jail cell eating crappy food.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 07:18:15 PM »

Why is O'Keefe not in prison? It's past time that these people illegally recording conversation and stealing information are prosecuted. I'd love to see his attitude be so smug if he was trapped in a jail cell eating crappy food.

Relax. Prison is a horrible place. Do not wish it on others.

I just have an issue with people claiming corruption when they are the ones who are doing corrupt and illegal things.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2016, 07:47:48 PM »

Yeah, that First Amendment is horrible.  We should abolish it!  Darn journalists!

He's not a journalist and I suggest that you look up the definition of what a journalist is. And when you commit illegal acts to create stories, it's not journalism, it's criminal. Maybe you are into committing crime, but personally that isn't something that I like.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2016, 07:54:43 PM »

Yeah, that First Amendment is horrible.  We should abolish it!  Darn journalists!

o'keefe is not a journalist, he is an activist.

and ofc he walks a subtle line regarding breaking the law...but this is not for me to decide.

O'Keefe is a citizen journalist, doing the types of jobs 60 Minutes and other TV news magazines used to do more often.  That he has a particular point of view in his pieces is irrelevant.  So did 60 Minutes when they used to do hidden camera journalism more often than they do now.

All journalists are citizens somewhere, but not just anyone can be a journalist. To be a journalist you actually do legitimate reporting and writing, not just sending out tweets and posting videos. The fact that you would compare this person to 60 Minutes is just plain dumb.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2016, 08:07:54 PM »

o'keefe is not a journalist, he is an activist.

and ofc he walks a subtle line regarding breaking the law...but this is not for me to decide.

O'Keefe is a citizen journalist, doing the types of jobs 60 Minutes and other TV news magazines used to do more often.  That he has a particular point of view in his pieces is irrelevant.  So did 60 Minutes when they used to do hidden camera journalism more often than they do now.

All journalists are citizens somewhere, but not just anyone can be a journalist. To be a journalist you actually do legitimate reporting and writing, not just sending out tweets and posting videos. The fact that you would compare this person to 60 Minutes is just plain dumb.

Sorry.  Just because you disagree with a citizen journalist's point of view doesn't make them anything less of a journalist.  There is no meaningful difference between a hidden camera sting on your sleazy local used car dealer or a sleazy political figure.  Exposing the unwanted truth lurking behind the scenes is the epitome of investigative journalism.  And both are protected by the First Amendment.

You can't break the law doing investigative journalism. What O'Keefe does is not journalism, anyway, it's political stunts.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2016, 09:30:04 PM »

Sounds like something a schizophrenic person would say (no disrespect to people with schizophrenia).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies