Poll: Republicans side with Trump over Ryan for GOP's vision
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:24:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Poll: Republicans side with Trump over Ryan for GOP's vision
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Poll: Republicans side with Trump over Ryan for GOP's vision  (Read 1448 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2016, 10:44:05 AM »

Clearly no sign of buyer's remorse among Republicans.  This confirms my belief that Trump would easily win the nomination again if there were a rematch.

But that's because he's already the nominee, and so many Republicans have talked themselves into thinking he's great.  If Rubio were the nominee instead, then Republican voters would have similarly favorable views about him, etc.

Also, assuming a Clinton victory next month, Trump will no longer be the party's standard bearer on Nov. 9th, and so many of these folks who nominally prefer him now could well then say that they prefer Ryan's vision, since Trump will no longer be the party leader.

Donald Trump will always be the de facto leader of the GOP, whether the donor class likes it or not.

Disagree.  I really don't think Republican voters will care much about him two years from now.  No more than they care about Mitt Romney now anyway.

Do you really think that some part of Romney base was in love with him?

I take it you've never met Winfield?  Tongue

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=94046.0

Look, all the evidence suggests that Trump is less popular among Republicans than previous Republican presidential nominees have been.  This was especially true during the primaries (see, e.g.: http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/republican-voters-kind-of-hate-all-their-choices/ ), but I'd say it's even true now that he's the nominee that he's no more popular among Republicans than Romney was four years ago.

Yet, somehow, because Trump's base constituency within the party is not as wealthy as Romney's base constituency was, Trump's support counts as being more "real", and Republican voters will love him for longer than they loved Romney?
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies