Poll: Republicans side with Trump over Ryan for GOP's vision (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:28:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Poll: Republicans side with Trump over Ryan for GOP's vision (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Poll: Republicans side with Trump over Ryan for GOP's vision  (Read 1420 times)
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« on: October 20, 2016, 08:16:49 PM »
« edited: October 20, 2016, 08:18:38 PM by Fuzzy Bear »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Washington Times

Clearly no sign of buyer's remorse among Republicans.  This confirms my belief that Trump would easily win the nomination again if there were a rematch.

2020 should be fun.  I'd be very concerned with these numbers if I were part of Flawless Beautiful Marco<3<3's fanbase here right now...
Your use of one of my more memorable lines here as your signature explains why this is the case.  People (especially a goodly number of Republican rank-and-file) have been screwed over royally by folks with good manners and clean language.  Folks like Paul Ryan.  As uncouth as Trump is, most Republicans (and almost all of the working-class base of the GOP) view Trump as someone as a person who is on their side.  Before people decide to call me names, perhaps they need to fully reflect on how it came to this.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 08:31:16 PM »

Are Trump's platform and ideas the reason he is losing, or does it have more to do with his personal character and shortcomings? If it's the latter, they may be able to take his outline and succeed with it. Remember how close the race was before the first debate?

It really does have to do with his persona.

One charge against Trump that is true is that he can't put aside personal slights and attacks.  He sabotages himself in this regard.  Saying "Such a nasty woman!" in the middle of the debate last night is an example.  Hillary IS nasty; she's one of the most ruthless politicians in either party to ever run for President.  But you don't SAY this; you let people come to conclude that on their own.  Trump doesn't get this, and I'm resigned to the fact that he can't do anything meaningful about it at this late date.

This is compounded by the fact that Trump really isn't a good public speaker and isn't real quick on his feet.  Hillary gave him all sorts of opportunities to slam her in the debate last night, and he just couldn't seem to do it.  He couldn't slip in the best zinger at the best time, and it hurt him.  Ruthless Hillary (that's her REAL nickname, IMO) knows how to zing Trump, and Trump let her get away when it came to Bill, to "Deplorables" and to the Clinton Foundation (where she DOES NOT WANT TO GO). 

I listened to Don Trump (Jr.) after the debate.  He's fluid, well spoken, and all I could think of was that if Don, rather than The Donald, was debating Hillary, he'd have turned her into mincemeat.  But Don isn't the candidate; his Dad is.  Don Trump knows how to stay on message better than his Dad.  Perhaps the wrong Donald Trump is the Presidential nominee.  He'd have done a better job in the General Election of getting the Trump points across of Immigration, Trade, and Foreign Policy that brought about a revolution in the GOP and still have the potential to bring about a revolution in General Election politics.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2016, 09:04:41 PM »

I listened to Don Trump (Jr.) after the debate.  He's fluid, well spoken, and all I could think of was that if Don, rather than The Donald, was debating Hillary, he'd have turned her into mincemeat.  But Don isn't the candidate; his Dad is.  Don Trump knows how to stay on message better than his Dad.  Perhaps the wrong Donald Trump is the Presidential nominee.  He'd have done a better job in the General Election of getting the Trump points across of Immigration, Trade, and Foreign Policy that brought about a revolution in the GOP and still have the potential to bring about a revolution in General Election politics.

I'm pretty sure this was part of the plan from the get-go. Donald is running now to pave the way for Don, Eric, or Ivanka to take over the GOP in the ensuing decades.

The #NeverTrump Erick Erickson noted that Don Trump is "actually a Republican".  And he's certainly a more traditional Republican than The Donald, if you go by his comments.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies