A Yankee Presidency: Leading for Our Country
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:15:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  A Yankee Presidency: Leading for Our Country
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A Yankee Presidency: Leading for Our Country  (Read 357 times)
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 20, 2016, 10:17:51 PM »

Duke Energy Convention Center

Good evening, Atlasia! Good evening, Cincinnati! What does it mean to be a leader? That's something I've always thought about. The dictionary says that it means to "to go before or with to show the way." In my opinion, serving in the Executive Branch of Atlasia means that I must be a leader. I must show the way and model what I expect from my fellow players. In the opening statement for the debate, I said that I would live out my motto, "Ecce Quam Bonum." Behold how good and how pleasant it is when brethren live together in unity. Now, certain people aren't living together in unity.

There was a smear campaign run against my friend Tmth that Scott called "shenanigans." That's not how this should work. On behalf of this ticket, I would like to formally disavow each and every smear campaign that has been run over this campaign. Because that's not leadership. Leadership is serving for a long time, even when at sometimes it's harder than ever, but you do it. At one point, it becomes less about you and more about the people you're serving. No one knows that better than NC Yankee. For SEVEN YEARS, SEVEN YEARS, he served as a Senator, first for the IDS, and then At-Large. He's consistently been holding office, working for the betterment of our nation. His service to this nation is second to none. He's been here since 2008, so that's SEVEN YEARS, there's that again, longer than Blair. Unmatched service, unmatched commitment.

But I'm here too. And don't count me out. I've been serving since 2014, but I have experience in all three branches of government. Neither Kingpoleon or Blair have that experience. I do. But I'm also young. I bring a different and new set of experiences to the table that will benefit the Yankee/Pryor Administration. When you go to the voting booth tomorrow or over the weekend, remember who has run a positive campaign, who has the most experience, but who also has youth and new knowledge to bring to the table.

And with that, Atlasia, it is my honor to introduce to you, the President of Atlasia, President Leinad!
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 10:29:14 PM »

Thank you Rprypr, and hello Cincinnati! You just heard from your next Vice President! Great to be here to talk about the person on the top of the ticket, who I hope to succeed me in the White House--North Carolina Yankee!

Now, it doesn't take an expert Atlasia historian to tell you that Yankee isn't a rookie in this game. His experience is an asset--he has seen many Atlasians come and go, and he knows what it looks like for Atlasia to succeed, to fail, and everything in between.

In this time Yankee has developed not only a knowledge for Atlasia, but a wisdom. He has the judgement necessary to lead the nation through hard times, but more importantly lead it into GREAT times!

Even though he has been hit by both a late start and a massive hurricane, Yankee has ran an active campaign with detailed policy speeches. And yes, speeches, not lists--this isn't Buzzfeed! Wink

As long-time PPT and party Chair, Yankee has a grasp on how to lead and how to inspire activity.

Yankee has served in office for over 7 years, close to continuously. He's persevered through terribly challenging times--in-game and more seriously in real life. But he never gives up on Atlasia, he keeps working to improve the game, and he will do so, better than anyone else, as YOUR NEXT PRESIDENT!

Here he is, Supreme Court Justice, the Eternal Senator himself, North Carolina Yankee!
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2016, 10:33:46 PM »
« Edited: October 20, 2016, 10:35:17 PM by Eternal Senator North Carolina Yankee »

First off I would like to thank my running mate, Secretary Pryor and President Leinad for hosting this event and the great people of Cincinnati and the Northern Region.

It is true I have been I this game a long time, most of that I spent in the Senate. I first got elected promising accountability in confirmation hearings and I have had to grill more nominees than any other person in Atlasia. I have also had a front row seat to administrations from Lief to Leinad and I know the struggle with cabinet, VP and other difficult tasks that a President faces. I understand where the mistakes were made in each of these administrations. But I also have an opportunity to draw from the experiences of all these administrations to provide solutions to our problems. Some of these ideas worked, others could have worked if prosecuted differently. At the end of the day, it requires a drive, a sense of commitment. Some days you just don’t feel like doing it and yet for seven years I got on, updated all the Senate threads and did my best to keep the Senate functioning.  

I can assure you that I will do what is necessary to keep the ball moving down the field. I will purposefully and actively interact with my cabinet, Vice President and the Congress. We will be responsive to the Game Moderator and we will be open to the Public. As PPT of the Senate, I often opened town halls where all the Senators could respond to questions directly from the people. During the Afleitch administration, he attempted to bring an idea in the British system to Atlasia, that of Question Time. I have no doubt that my distinguished opponent plans something similar. For me, I have an idea for a similar approach. But rather than just have myself engage in that I want to have an interaction between the cabinet and public as well in similar fashion to ensure that they are responsible and open to the public.

There comes a time when you have to make decisions hard decisions. For years I was the one who often had to lead expulsions against Senators who had been inactive. Members, I liked and respected, members I had worked with from all parties. Whether it is leading the fight to apply standards both on the Senators and Justices, or seeking to hold them accountable once they are in place, I know how tough decisions can be and how to make the right decision despite those difficulties. It is hard to deny someone a confirmation, it is hard to vote to expel or impeach someone and it is easy to try and find an escape hatch. I always tried to remain true to my June 2009 campaign pledge and keep to a standard that demanded competence and activity. I voted for expulsion all those times and to impeach both justices and cabinet members when the circumstances called for it.

My Vice Presidential candidate also knows how to execute laws as well without partiality or bias, and just as I ran the Senate in manner so fair that even a far lefty like Kalwejt is desperate for my return to that capacity, Rpryor has likewise administered our elections in such a manner. He served with me in the Senate at a critical time last year and likewise knows what it is like to hold officials accountable for their actions/inactions. He will therefore be a strong leader, a great Vice President and an engaged public servant working with me, the Congress and in many other capacities over the next four months.

It also not just that I can make tough decisions, but I can understand the impacts and realize that policies and actions have consequences. Whether it be the impact on players in the game, or the impact of policies on the people of Atlasia, I know for well the importance of keeping a critical sense of perspective. This is just a game, a game build on the voluntary participation of people that can leave at any time. Realizing this, it would seem crazy that anyone would take it for granted and engage in the kind of scorched earth behavior that makes people leave. It also a great game and one that I hope take the lead in making as welcoming as possible to as many players as possible. I cannot do it alone, I can only lead and inspire the great people of this country in a particular direction and I hope that you, the people, will join me in making this truly A More Welcoming Atlasia!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies