I don't support gay rights. Is that homophobic?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:05:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  I don't support gay rights. Is that homophobic?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: I don't support gay rights. Is that homophobic?  (Read 2771 times)
User157088589849
BlondeArtisit

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 20, 2016, 10:55:58 PM »

I don't support gay marriage. Civil union yes. Marriage no.
I think gay couples shouldn't be allowed to adopt children either.

I think gay campaign groups have to much money and influence on politics today.

Am I homophobic?
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 11:26:52 PM »

Yes, of course.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2016, 11:30:32 PM »
« Edited: October 20, 2016, 11:32:36 PM by Ah! tout est bu, tout est mangé! Plus rien à dire! »

OP gets more and more homophobic as it goes on, climaxing in the final, sublimely ironic question.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2016, 11:52:33 PM »

I don't support X rights. Is that X-phobic?

By definition, yes.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2016, 11:56:13 PM »

Aren't you also some militant atheist troll? What's your basis for this, then?
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2016, 12:22:20 AM »

If you tell us what year you're writing from, we could probably find out next week's lottery numbers so you can be rich!
Sorenroy
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -5.91

P P
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2016, 11:51:12 AM »

Am I homophobic?

I think that these kinds of questions can be answered by taking the original question and applying it to other groups. Is not supporting women's sufferage and believing women should be housewives sexist? Is believing that interracial marrage should be illegal and that segregation is a good policy racist? If you can look at your question from another angle you will often find what you were originally looking for.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2016, 11:55:21 AM »

Am I homophobic?

I think that these kinds of questions can be answered by taking the original question and applying it to other groups. Is not supporting women's sufferage ... sexist?

This really isn't applicable unless you think gays shouldn't be allowed to vote.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2016, 02:48:48 PM »

Am I homophobic?

I think that these kinds of questions can be answered by taking the original question and applying it to other groups. Is not supporting women's sufferage ... sexist?

This really isn't applicable unless you think gays shouldn't be allowed to vote.

I feel like, as a noted transphobe, you shouldn't be allowed to criticize this. Also, you're wrong.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2016, 03:02:24 PM »

Yes.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2016, 09:14:31 PM »

Depends on what you mean by "gay rights".  If you mean basic human rights such as to marry, hold a job, etc., being denied solely by reason of their sexual orientation, then if you don't support those, then yes that's homophobic.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2016, 09:23:23 PM »

I hate millions of people because of their sexual orientation too, it just happens to be because they love the opposite gender. #BanAllStraights
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2016, 09:37:33 PM »

Well, do you mean you don't support gay marriage, or you think it's okay to discriminate against people for any reason? The latter could obviously be a liberty issue. Focusing on just homosexuality in particular would be homophobic. For the former question, you're almost definitely homophobic.
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2016, 10:48:38 PM »

Well, do you mean you don't support gay marriage, or you think it's okay to discriminate against people for any reason? The latter could obviously be a liberty issue.
Just to be clear, libertarianism doesn't think it's okay to discriminate. We just think that it shouldn't be the government's job to force you to be a decent person as long as you're not hurting anyone.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2016, 12:31:26 AM »

My guess is that if you think about the reason why you oppose those things, the answer will be self-evident.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2016, 02:46:40 AM »

Well, do you mean you don't support gay marriage, or you think it's okay to discriminate against people for any reason? The latter could obviously be a liberty issue.
Just to be clear, libertarianism doesn't think it's okay to discriminate. We just think that it shouldn't be the government's job to force you to be a decent person as long as you're not hurting anyone.

So you support anti-discrimination laws then?
President of the civil service full of trans activists
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2016, 11:44:05 AM »

I hate millions of people because of their sexual orientation too, it just happens to be because they love the opposite gender. #BanAllStraights
I agree. Straight marriage is between two men or two women.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2016, 01:52:48 PM »

I don't like describing any of these things as x-phobic.  It's a dumb phrase and not a phobia.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2016, 03:03:40 PM »

Only until we can figure it out.

We'll allow straight marriage NeverAgain.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2016, 03:33:16 PM »

Deplorable.
Mercenary

Political Matrix
E: -3.94, S: -2.70

« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2016, 07:30:44 PM »

I am not sure. Do you have an irrational fear or aversion to homosexuals/homosexuality?

It is impssible to answer your question without knowing this.

The thing with adoption though. Do you really think it is better for kids to remain a ward of the state than to be raised by two dads or two moms?
User157088589849
BlondeArtisit

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2016, 11:50:44 PM »

I am not sure. Do you have an irrational fear or aversion to homosexuals/homosexuality?

The thing with adoption though. Do you really think it is better for kids to remain a ward of the state than to be raised by two dads or two moms?

I have no fear of homosexuals. Just sick and tired of this lobby group constantly playing the victim of having their rights suppressed. There are plenty of white straight men that have no rights or no representation but just accept what is dealt.

Two dads or two moms - the kid at school would get slaughtered from the age 8-16 and I think that is totally unacceptable for the child to suffer the consequences. Life is tough and kids will say things that aren't acceptable and the kid should not suffer the consequences.

A man and a woman should always be put first ahead of two dads for adoption because that is the best for the child. 
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2016, 12:46:24 AM »

I have no fear of homosexuals. Just sick and tired of this lobby group constantly playing the victim of having their rights suppressed. There are plenty of white straight men that have no rights or no representation but just accept what is dealt.

Two dads or two moms - the kid at school would get slaughtered from the age 8-16 and I think that is totally unacceptable for the child to suffer the consequences. Life is tough and kids will say things that aren't acceptable and the kid should not suffer the consequences.

A man and a woman should always be put first ahead of two dads for adoption because that is the best for the child. 

Man and woman in poverty, with drug addiction issues>upper middle class gay couple?
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2016, 01:01:29 AM »

Man and woman in poverty, with drug addiction issues>upper middle class gay couple?

Obviously BlondeArtisit is homophobic, but let's not bring class into this, please?
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2016, 08:24:05 AM »

lol. You really think kids would get bullied for having gay parents? And also lol@gaylobby. Name one white straight man that have no rights or representation.

It is homophobic to be against gay marriage, it is homophobic to be against gay adoption, and it is extremely homophobic to say that straight white men have it worse than those in the LGBT community and communities of color.

In the words of Michael Jordan - "Stop it, get help."
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies