Opinion of TJ in Cleve (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:39:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of TJ in Cleve (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 77

Author Topic: Opinion of TJ in Cleve  (Read 6059 times)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« on: October 21, 2016, 11:27:27 AM »

Good poster
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2016, 02:59:46 PM »

I mean, if I recall correctly, TJ supports same sex civil unions, gay adoption and would accept his children if they came out to him,
I disagree with his views on SSM, but sorry, I don't find his views literall repulsive that would make him a HP just based on that...
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 06:43:28 AM »

To the defense of Antonio. He lives in a country where this issue has been settled for good, the right isn't going to repeal SSM or tries to pass rabid homophobic laws. In the USA, if democrats didn't exist, gay sex would still be criminalized, gays would be discriminated because of muh "religious beliefs" and they couldn't serve in the military either.

If he doesn't give more importance to gay issues, it is because it is settled (mostly) in France.

windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2016, 02:33:27 PM »

To the defense of Antonio. He lives in a country where this issue has been settled for good, the right isn't going to repeal SSM or tries to pass rabid homophobic laws. In the USA, if democrats didn't exist, gay sex would still be criminalized, gays would be discriminated because of muh "religious beliefs" and they couldn't serve in the military either.

If he doesn't give more importance to gay issues, it is because it is settled (mostly) in France.

1. He lives in the USA at the moment.
2. If the United States didn't exist, France would be a province of Nazi Germany and I doubt they'd be too keen on SSM.  If this argument sounds ridiculous, it's because it is.  But it is my comeback to your "if the Democrats didn't exist" argument.

How this argument is ridiculous? Well yes, had the USA not liberated France, we would be likely under a nazi regime and SSM wouldn't be legal. That's true.

But anyway, that wasn't the main part of my point you intentionnally ignored. Antonio has grown up in a country where one of the major party, while their position on gay rights could be much better, well, isn't as bad as pro anti-sodomy laws GOP. If he struggles to understand how it is to be gay in the USA, having literally a massive homophobic party controlly most of the political offices right now, I think one of the reason is because in the country he has lived most of his life there isn't a so big problem regarding homophobia.

Antonio has his defaults, but being homophobic isn't one of them.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2016, 01:00:31 AM »

TJ's brand of Republicanism is the type of brand that spiraled out of control and gave us the more annoying elements of the Trump movement. I don't think he gets a pass for being a "reasonable Republican" when he represents politically the worst leftovers of the Bush decade.

I'm kinda curious what this post could possibly be about Huh

I think he's trying to say neocons and/or socons screwed up in office, which combined with Obama-liberalism made Trumpism possible?
Yes. The Trump movement is largely a reaction among Republicans to people like Bobby Jindal, Ted Cruz, Paul Ryan, Marco Rubio, etc, spoon feeding us this same toxic combination of social and neo-conservatism/"Reaganism" garbage year after year. People are so sick and tired of these kind of out of touch Republicans (almost all of whom are in reality no more right-wing than, say, Jeb Bush or John Kasich), and if the candidate most outspokenly and directly in opposition to that happens to be a borderline racist/probable rapist/philandering, orange skinned, loud mouthed, arrogant jackass mascot for a shadowy real estate conglomerate with exaggerated profits that he barely runs, then so be it.

The Trump movement isn't about Trump. Yes, it is probably true that only a man like Donald Trump could have been able to so expertly tap into that wellspring of disillusionment, but these "deplorables" that TJ in Cleve so detests are in reality the people who until now have carried his outdated, collectivist, bigoted vision of the world on his shoulders just like Atlas carried the world on his.

If Atlas were to shrug, as Ayn Rand wrote, then the world would fall apart. The Trump movement is Atlas, and we're shrugging off TJ, Ted Cruz, my grandma's brother-in-law, the GOP staffers and most of my former campaign friends. We're not going to toil for their vision of the world anymore. Now its their turn to carry us. I don't view any Johnson or Clinton supporters with any contempt. I understand their position. But every #NeverTrump Republican, the people who once called Ron Paul a terrorist sympathizer, the people who declared Gary Johnson the next Ralph Nader in 2012, only to hijack his candidacy four years later, destroy it, and then get on the McMullin bandwagon-these people are unforgivable. These people are the real Republican deplorables.
For ther record, having played and still playing Atlasia with TJ, TJ isn't even a neocon.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies