Rep. Babin (R): "A lady needs to be told when she's being nasty"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:49:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Rep. Babin (R): "A lady needs to be told when she's being nasty"
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rep. Babin (R): "A lady needs to be told when she's being nasty"  (Read 1247 times)
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 21, 2016, 12:03:31 PM »
« edited: October 21, 2016, 12:05:23 PM by heatcharger »

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/21/politics/gop-congressman-nasty-woman/index.html

But don't call them deplorables! They're honest hard-working Americans!
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2016, 12:06:39 PM »

as someone wrote, he is the successor of steve stockman's seat.

that part of texas is a very special place for sure.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 12:07:26 PM »

Call me shocked.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2016, 12:09:01 PM »

Now socially acceptable to do so, old white man says (insert disgusting and/or dangerous thing) about (insert other group of people). That's the Trump movement in a nutshell.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2016, 12:34:28 PM »

Babin's got some economic anxiety.
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.87

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2016, 12:37:05 PM »

Yet if Clinton were to call him a "digusting pig of a man", literally everyone would be incredibly embarassed/outraged (outside of a few of the truly radical feminists). The hypocrisy of the right in full force
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2016, 12:38:21 PM »

Gee, I wonder why women don't vote Republican.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2016, 12:53:48 PM »

Neither have I, weirdly enough. Last year I tried memorizing the name of every Rep. in increasing order of state population, so I knew Babin had to be from one of the populous states like TX.
Cashew
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2016, 02:10:08 PM »

Yet if Clinton were to call him a "digusting pig of a man", literally everyone would be incredibly embarassed/outraged (outside of a few of the truly radical feminists). The hypocrisy of the right in full force
This election truly has been eye opening.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2016, 03:07:05 PM »

Babin was supposed to be the "establishment" replacement for Steve Stockman.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2016, 03:08:19 PM »

Gee, I wonder why women don't vote Republican.

Tbf, in Babin's district they do overwhelmingly.
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2016, 03:36:02 PM »

as someone wrote, he is the successor of steve stockman's seat.

that part of texas is a very special place for sure.

Basically the people Louisiana doesn't want. lol
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2016, 07:10:43 PM »

No shock here. I've been to Woodville, the town Babin used to be mayor of.

That part of Texas is basically nothing but trailer parks, lumber mills and natural gas wells.
Rand
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2016, 07:19:07 PM »

Women must be kept in line. Trump is the man to do it. We're going to take our country back. #MAGA
JoeyJoeJoe
Rookie
Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.57

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2016, 09:43:50 PM »

He's run for Congress before.  He lost the then-2nd CD in 1996 (kind of what the 36th was in the 1990s) as an open seat.  The district was more Democratic then, Clinton was winning it that year.
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2016, 04:48:42 AM »

Trump has said Clinton is "a monster," "the devil," "has tremendous hate in her heart" and that she has secret meetings to "plot the destruction of U.S. Sovereignty."

Response from Rep. Babin:  *silence*

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Fuzzy Says: "Abolish NPR!"
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2016, 10:27:17 AM »

Can't agree here.  Not anymore.

For better or worse, anything goes.  There's no pretense of folks wanting a high-minded campaign these days.  It's all about mud-slinging.

Given the negativity folks feel for both candidates (there's no winner here, only a person who's "less worse") this shouldn't surprise anyone.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2016, 12:10:34 PM »

For better or worse, anything goes.  There's no pretense of folks wanting a high-minded campaign these days.  It's all about mud-slinging.

Given the negativity folks feel for both candidates (there's no winner here, only a person who's "less worse") this shouldn't surprise anyone.

Ehhh.  The difference is that acting like that is part of Trump's brand/appeal to his supporters.  As hostile as this race is, Clinton is not really using coarseness as an appeal -- just relatively mild negativity.

It's kind of like someone at a party dropped trou and started trying to fight with everyone, and when someone in the crowd started saying "that's disgusting and inappropriate," your response is "GLOVES OFF!  MUDSLINGING EVERYWHERE!!!"
Fuzzy Says: "Abolish NPR!"
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2016, 04:01:58 PM »

Ehhh.  The difference is that acting like that is part of Trump's brand/appeal to his supporters.  As hostile as this race is, Clinton is not really using coarseness as an appeal -- just relatively mild negativity.

It's kind of like someone at a party dropped trou and started trying to fight with everyone, and when someone in the crowd started saying "that's disgusting and inappropriate," your response is "GLOVES OFF!  MUDSLINGING EVERYWHERE!!!"

One of the themes of this year's campaign is the fact that lots of working folks who have played by the rules have been screwed over by folks who have good manners and speak with clean language.  Couth had, it seems, become license to give folks the shaft.  The folks who told the Carrier workers in IN that their jobs were going to Mexico were polite and mannerly; they didn't give the finger or drop F-bombs.  They just told a slew of hard working Americans that $6 Billion dollars in earnings wasn't enough, and they were moving their operations to Monterrey, Mexico.  Nice.

Another theme of this year's campaign is that it seems that the majority no longer rules.  Folks are told by other folks, and backed up by Courts that they can't pray at high school football games; that they have to pay for birth control for their employee's healthcare program (since overturned), that they must bake cakes for same-sex weddings regardless of their own religious beliefs, and knowing that if someone refused to bake a cake for a Trump reception, that would likely be OK.  They are faced with politicians who want to limit their right to keep firearms, and on this issue, there are those who won't stop until the entire population is disarmed.  They live in a world where the majority (it seems) can't rule when it's THEIR priorities, but minority rights don't matter when THEY'RE in the minority.  It's not an entirely accurate worldview, but it's how lots of folks view their world in America, and it's happening more often than not.

And they're being lectured to by a serial liar who actively works to silence and discredit her husband's accusers of sexual assault.  By a person who has lied under oath, and was the first Presidential candidate to be under active FBI investigation while becoming the presumptive Democratic nominee.  Nice.

So whenever Hillary Clinton is lecturing America about how to act, my response is, "Who died and left you boss?".  Of course, I may wake up to find out that the answer to that question is "Forty-seven people who died of Natural Causes, that's who."  But enough out of me.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2016, 05:06:04 PM »

So whenever Hillary Clinton is lecturing America about how to act, my response is, "Who died and left you boss?". 

Damn right fuzzy. Eight years of having an uppity negro doing the same are more than enough for you, I guess.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2016, 05:45:01 PM »

One of the themes of this year's campaign is the fact that lots of working folks who have played by the rules have been screwed over by folks who have good manners and speak with clean language.  Couth had, it seems, become license to give folks the shaft.  The folks who told the Carrier workers in IN that their jobs were going to Mexico were polite and mannerly; they didn't give the finger or drop F-bombs.  They just told a slew of hard working Americans that $6 Billion dollars in earnings wasn't enough, and they were moving their operations to Monterrey, Mexico.  Nice.

Another theme of this year's campaign is that it seems that the majority no longer rules.  Folks are told by other folks, and backed up by Courts that they can't pray at high school football games; that they have to pay for birth control for their employee's healthcare program (since overturned), that they must bake cakes for same-sex weddings regardless of their own religious beliefs, and knowing that if someone refused to bake a cake for a Trump reception, that would likely be OK.  They are faced with politicians who want to limit their right to keep firearms, and on this issue, there are those who won't stop until the entire population is disarmed.  They live in a world where the majority (it seems) can't rule when it's THEIR priorities, but minority rights don't matter when THEY'RE in the minority.  It's not an entirely accurate worldview, but it's how lots of folks view their world in America, and it's happening more often than not.

And they're being lectured to by a serial liar who actively works to silence and discredit her husband's accusers of sexual assault.  By a person who has lied under oath, and was the first Presidential candidate to be under active FBI investigation while becoming the presumptive Democratic nominee.  Nice.

So whenever Hillary Clinton is lecturing America about how to act, my response is, "Who died and left you boss?".  Of course, I may wake up to find out that the answer to that question is "Forty-seven people who died of Natural Causes, that's who."  But enough out of me.

...Do you not remember what I was replying to, or something?  That's some good emotive rhetoric, but it's a total non-sequitur.  To paraphrase:

Poster: A lot of people, even Democrats, would be outraged at Clinton if she said something this hostile and derogatory.

You: Nah.  This race has so much mudslinging, anything goes.

Me: I'm not really sure that's true.  Trump's appeal and identity is based on that sort of behavior, while I don't think Clinton's is nearly as much.  I think saying the behavior and expectations are equal on both sides, is a false equivalency.

You: But working people and conservatives are sick of being couth, because they perceive themselves as getting screwed over, and I agree!

How does that logically respond to my rebuttal of your claim in any way?
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2016, 03:00:39 PM »

Thanks in advance for your future martyrdom as #48.  U R a great man.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies