The Price I’ve Paid for Opposing Donald Trump
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 03:38:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  The Price I’ve Paid for Opposing Donald Trump
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The Price I’ve Paid for Opposing Donald Trump  (Read 3459 times)
Old Man Willow
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2016, 07:01:51 PM »

Nobody cares what % of the voting bloc the "fringe" group makes up as long as they have a chance to gain power through the tacit support of less-extreme factions.

Yep. Here it is, from just a few months back: http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/leading-white-nationalist-predicts-trump-administration-will-be-stacked-with-people-who-think-the-way-we-do/
BoAtlantis

« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2016, 07:03:20 PM »

Deplorables

-give death threats to Megyn Kelly and women that were allegedly assaulted,
-demand to repeal the 19th amendment,
-make up all the conspiracy theories like dead people vote or rigged voting system,
-only 21% of them say they will "definitely" accept the result if their candidate loses as opposed to 60% of Democrats.

Are you honestly surprised that they do these kinds of things with such incivility?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2016, 07:09:10 PM »

Terrible. Lol at dems who think this is represntative of most republicans or even most Trump voters though this is the fringe.

Yes .... but of course it's not "LOL at Pubs" or trump supporters, who truly believe that the small amount of crime committed by a very small segment of the migrant community, "is representative of most immigrants."
They are just brown-people and practically ALL OF THEM are drug dealers, criminals and rapists .... "And some, I assume, are good people."
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2016, 12:24:42 AM »

I had my face photoshopped on a women serial killer by various of our Forum's left wingers on that other Forum.

They are nothing better, I can assure you. Left wingers can be a deplorable plague as well.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2016, 12:35:47 AM »

surely this is theoretically a bi-partisan thing.

but.....practically the angry nihilist fringe-right is where the global momentum is right now and it's much easier atm to annoy one of them. close connected to the reason why the fringe right wind elections and the fringe left...outside of creece...doesn't.
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2016, 12:39:17 AM »

All poor David French ever wanted was to supplement his already considerable income by writing articles calling for the deaths of (more) Iraqis... and then those mean alt-righties almost drove him off Twitter. This is worse than the time that his wife betrayed him by speaking to a man without his explicit written permission!
Please get help
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2016, 12:40:34 AM »

Deplorable is too kind a word for them.
wolfsblood07
United States

« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2016, 01:13:48 AM »

All this proves is that there are a lot of weirdos out there on Twitter.  Read responses to Tweets by Trump or Ann Coulter; people are saying things just as vile to them.  People said things just as bad to Coulter's face at the Rob Lowe roast recently.  Liberal Hillary supporters, spewing vile hatred.
Fuzzy Bear Loves Christian Missionaries
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2016, 10:22:55 AM »

Terrible. Lol at dems who think this is represntative of most republicans or even most Trump voters though this is the fringe.

As awful as this story is, ^^^ this is totally right.

This.
BL53931
Rookie

« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2016, 10:27:56 AM »

All this proves is that there are a lot of weirdos out there on Twitter.  Read responses to Tweets by Trump or Ann Coulter; people are saying things just as vile to them.  People said things just as bad to Coulter's face at the Rob Lowe roast recently.  Liberal Hillary supporters, spewing vile hatred.

I've had my life threatened on public forums twice in the past month. And not by your 'liberal Hillary supporters'. It is not mainly one sided, both sides have deplorables.

I have stopped posting on discussion boards other than those I m like minded with, other than this one.  Sadly I think this is our future; everyone in their echo chamber of choice.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2016, 10:32:01 AM »

this is the downside of "freedom" and an endless amont of information sources.

people can choose which kind of information they approve and rule out getting in contact with other opinions.

one of the few advantages of the old-school mass media....everbody read the same stuff even if they interpreted it differently.

today's society is more in danger of fracturing and on that road liberal democracy also loses.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2016, 10:40:24 AM »

Democratic deplorables aren't voting for Hillary Clinton, they are voting for Jill Stein.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2016, 10:45:27 AM »
« Edited: October 22, 2016, 10:52:16 AM by Torie »

The internets have a very dark side to it. It empowers the haters and the nutters to hurt more people.
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.87

« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2016, 10:50:57 AM »

No, this isn't representative of all Republicans, but did anyone notice anything like this under Romney?
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2016, 10:59:35 AM »

No, this isn't representative of all Republicans, but did anyone notice anything like this under Romney?

at that time the fringe was the fringe, not running the trump campaign.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2016, 11:09:10 AM »

Deplorables

-give death threats to Megyn Kelly and women that were allegedly assaulted,
-demand to repeal the 19th amendment,
-make up all the conspiracy theories like dead people vote or rigged voting system,
-only 21% of them say they will "definitely" accept the result if their candidate loses as opposed to 60% of Democrats.

Are you honestly surprised that they do these kinds of things with such incivility?

You forgot deplorables that has a heavy overrepresentation in criminal statistic but always blame society and cops Roll Eyes
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2016, 11:41:06 AM »

There was nothing like this when Romney ran. Not even close.
The main factor to the increase in hate is obviously trump. Plain and simple. Period.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2016, 03:07:28 PM »

People are missing the point. This isn't just people saying mean things on Twitter. You have a large number of people apparently cyber-stalking/harassing his wife online, and then with the whole gas chamber thing apparently Trump has supporters who think he is a Nazi and is going to implement The Final Solution. If his own supporters think that, I don't know what I'm supposed to think.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2016, 03:12:18 PM »

here is the account of his wife on this matter:

What it’s like to experience the 2016 election as both a conservative and a sex abuse survivor
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2016/10/21/what-its-like-to-experience-the-2016-election-as-both-a-conservative-and-a-sex-abuse-survivor/

I realize now — only now after all these years — it’s all been a facade. The “religious right,” which I’ve defended my whole life, abandoned the posture of “family values” when they had the chance to gain a seat at the table.

Here’s the truth. The GOP once was alive but is now dead. It confuses me to hear the values preached from the podium but ignored in real life; it feels odd to just repurpose a political party into an extension of the trump Empire without acknowledging the values which had so recently dwelled there.

My party — which should’ve been a place of a certain set of values — now shelters an abuser. I’m thinking of this when the GOP presses against me and asks me to close my eyes just one more time.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies