A 21-year-old woman (millennial) explains why she's voting for Johnson. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:59:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  A 21-year-old woman (millennial) explains why she's voting for Johnson. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A 21-year-old woman (millennial) explains why she's voting for Johnson.  (Read 1976 times)
BoAtlantis

« on: October 21, 2016, 07:50:00 PM »

Compared to other generations, millennials are more likely to be are pro-free trade, pro-amnesty, pro-marijuana, anti-death penalty, pro universal healthcare, supportive of raising tax for rich, pro-equality and pro-welfare for the needy.

It still aligns with liberalism and not so much for libertarianism. At best, they're described as left leaning libertarian.

I've seen many fellow millennials that say they're voting for Johnson or Stein but they couldn't even name which state they're from or name their running mate. In their defense, millions of Americans don't know either but the voting behavior is irrational to me. At least know who you're voting for.
BoAtlantis

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2016, 08:02:27 PM »

Compared to other generations, millennials are more likely to be are pro-free trade, pro-amnesty, pro-marijuana, anti-death penalty, pro universal healthcare, supportive of raising tax for rich, pro-equality and pro-welfare for the needy.

It still aligns with liberalism and not so much for libertarianism. At best, they're described as left leaning libertarian.

I've seen many fellow millennials that say they're voting for Johnson or Stein but they couldn't even name which state they're from or name their running mate. In their defense, millions of Americans don't know either but the voting behavior is irrational to me.

Well what is really irrational to me is voting for one terrible candidate to stop one from the other side, when you don't really align with (or believe in) either.  

I only respect true libertarians, the type that truly despises both parties with passion. This group is among the smartest group of people I've seen.

The "libertarians" I reject, which make up a majority of what I've observed, are the in-the-closet Republicans that want to smoke pots and the youngsters that are for raising taxes on rich, universal health care, equal pay, raise in minimum wage etc. yet are voting for Johnson out of emotion.
BoAtlantis

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 08:23:32 PM »
« Edited: October 21, 2016, 08:25:10 PM by BoAtlantis »

I think the big assumption/fallacy is that electing a libertarian president or few congress folk will tear the fragile system asunder.  When we just want to win a few battles to turn the tide against ever increasing size of government, domestic surveillance, police statism, taxes, and people who want to silence us and others like the regressive left.

If you were a true libertarian, you would call out right wingers as well for trying to restrict voting rights, tightening immigration laws, marijuana, abortion rights, LGBT rights, and many others.

Police statism and military are favored by far more by right wingers btw. One of right wingers most important values are patriotism and national security after all.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies