Patriotism (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:35:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Patriotism (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What is your opinion of patriotism?
Positive

Negative

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 61

Author Topic: Patriotism  (Read 7729 times)
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« on: July 05, 2005, 01:17:39 PM »

I'm patriotic... about Indiana Grin  And East Timor :S I think I'm more patriotic about East Timor than America, oops Tongue

Overall, I'm neutral.  It can get kind of annoying sometimes, especially when people accuse you of being unpatriotic because you are liberal Tongue
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2005, 07:39:48 PM »

Which according to your avatar color is also your political faction.

For examples of very nationalistic governments look at Saddam's Iraq, the Lebanese Falange, and oh, Germany in the late 30s/early 40s...
I'm not arguing that what Germany did was right.  However, you have to admit that nationalism was very effective for one country to steamroll across Europle.  The people were dedicated to the sucess of their country.
If being nationalistic would enable the USA to take over a whole continent, I'd be as anti-nationalistic as I could.
Whole continent. The USA could take North America with our standing armies for crying out loud. With a fierce nationalism movement and a healthy investment in nukes the US could take the whole world -being allied with Russia and maybe India, of course.

...why would we want this?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies