Patriotism (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:32:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Patriotism (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What is your opinion of patriotism?
Positive

Negative

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 61

Author Topic: Patriotism  (Read 7743 times)
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: July 06, 2005, 11:03:45 PM »

It can be used for....

let's celebrate the day we seperated from an oppresive ruler and gained our independence as a nation! 

or

flying our flags outside after the 9/11 attacks

Wee!  I love that, but it can be...

let's bomb the  out of those A-rabs and if you don't want to your un-American. 

That's the BS redneck patriotism that half the country practices. 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2005, 06:14:53 PM »

StatesRights and Preston, patriotism is also standing up and disagreeing with certain people.  TakeOurCountryBack clearly doesn't 'hate' America - he hates the people that he feels are destroying it.  Which shows that he's just as patriotic as all the flag-waving warmongerers.

If undermining a war effort is "patriotic" then this country is f*ed.

Undermining?  The pointless and stupid Iraq War?  Yes.  We shouldn't be there.  I like to see my country make good choices and not send innocent kids off to die. 

States, I'm sure if the Bush got up and said Australia was the true mastermind behind the 9/11 attack you would wave your flag around and start wearing  Australia shirts.  Blindly following your government into ridiculous escapades into any country they THINK could be a threat is being as un-patriotic as it gets.  I thake a lot more than a piece of fabric, chanting "USA" and slamming a bumber sticker onto your car to be patriotic.  The veer reason we have our country is because a group of people stood up and realized what their government was doing is wrong. 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2005, 08:17:54 PM »

Iraq was well worth it. Saddam was a threat and us allowing him to stay in power would have been dangerous at best. We did the right thing, end of argument. Those who are undermining our war effort and trying to make this war Vietnam 2 are just as bad as members of Al Qaeda.

Yea, an anti-war protest is just as bad as a terrorist attack. 

States, your comments are idiotic at best and somewhat offensive.  I'm not going to sit here and be compared to murderers. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies