Patriotism (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:02:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Patriotism (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What is your opinion of patriotism?
Positive

Negative

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 61

Author Topic: Patriotism  (Read 7720 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« on: July 06, 2005, 11:34:50 PM »

So "TakeourCountryaway" you believe the war on terrorism is wrong?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2005, 01:03:07 PM »

StatesRights and Preston, patriotism is also standing up and disagreeing with certain people.  TakeOurCountryBack clearly doesn't 'hate' America - he hates the people that he feels are destroying it.  Which shows that he's just as patriotic as all the flag-waving warmongerers.

If undermining a war effort is "patriotic" then this country is f*ed.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2005, 06:04:30 PM »

StatesRights and Preston, patriotism is also standing up and disagreeing with certain people.  TakeOurCountryBack clearly doesn't 'hate' America - he hates the people that he feels are destroying it.  Which shows that he's just as patriotic as all the flag-waving warmongerers.

If undermining a war effort is "patriotic" then this country is f*ed.

pa·tri·ot·ic
adj.

Feeling, expressing, or inspired by love for one's country.

---

There's nothing in that definition that requires one to support a war in order to be patriotic.  From his perception, the war is likely a stain on America's reputation, and his opposition to it comes just as much out of love for his country as your support for the war does.

If it's your opinion that wishing your nation to lose a war is "loving" your nation. Well then that certainly is a twisted definition of love. That's kind of like an abusive husband saying... "Yes, I beat you, but I beat you because I love[/i] you.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2005, 06:19:20 PM »

Iraq was well worth it. Saddam was a threat and us allowing him to stay in power would have been dangerous at best. We did the right thing, end of argument. Those who are undermining our war effort and trying to make this war Vietnam 2 are just as bad as members of Al Qaeda.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2005, 08:34:16 PM »

Iraq was well worth it. Saddam was a threat and us allowing him to stay in power would have been dangerous at best. We did the right thing, end of argument. Those who are undermining our war effort and trying to make this war Vietnam 2 are just as bad as members of Al Qaeda.

Yea, an anti-war protest is just as bad as a terrorist attack. 

States, your comments are idiotic at best and somewhat offensive.  I'm not going to sit here and be compared to murderers. 

Then quit undermining my country.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies