What is your Myers-Briggs type?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:48:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What is your Myers-Briggs type?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: snip
ENFJ
ENFP
ENTJ
ENTP
ESFJ
ESFP
ESTJ
ESTP
INFJ
INFP
INTJ
INTP
ISFJ
ISFP
ISTJ
ISTP
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: What is your Myers-Briggs type?  (Read 3078 times)
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2016, 07:05:17 AM »

ENTJ. I typically get very strong numbers on N and J (especially the latter). E tends to be quite weak for me and T is bordline to the point where I've had ENFJ as a result on rare occasions. I've had some family members take the test as well. My mom is the ultimate ESFJ (she is the Keirsey Provider role to the letter). We have our fair share of fights, but I think our main area of understanding each other is our shared J- type. I love her to death, but we get into some serious fights over my younger ESFP brother. She wants to protect him while I point out the fact that he takes advantage of her.

For the most part, P-types get under my skin more than anything. Deadlines are of absolute importance to me. In school, it never even dawned on me to ask for an extension. As I already mentioned, my brother is ESFP. He has no regard for time at all, whether it's his own of someone's else's. My parents used to camp on weekends. Staying home with my ESFP brother was absolute chore. As my mom liked, she wanted to see the house at least as good as she left it. If it was up to my brother, the house would have been trashed with no regard to anyone else. There's no way on Earth I could live with my brother by myself. Watching the house and knowing my mom would come back, it was easy to withhold any violent proclivities.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2016, 01:54:36 PM »

Link to a (preferably not too junky) test pls. I don't remember whatever I got last time.

https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

This is the best one, IMO.

Thanks!

I got:
82% I
56% N
78% F (wow!)
62% P

Well, my suspicions were correct. Apparently that makes me a "mediator".

Also got 81% "turbulent" which I have no idea what it means.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2016, 01:55:49 PM »

I think that means there were lots of contradictions in your results ^
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2016, 02:15:48 PM »

When I started posting on the forum, I used to get INTJ with a very light 'N', but I have noticed an extreme shift that this test confirms -- INFJ, with the N becoming quite solid.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2016, 02:31:36 PM »

Def NTP, close to 50-50 in I/E
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2016, 03:22:05 PM »

I took it again, and I am a strong EST and close to even on J/P.  I would bet that the T/F result has a strong correlation with political beliefs.

And, it gave me assertive on the new assertive/turbulent scale.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2016, 03:33:37 PM »
« Edited: October 23, 2016, 07:02:35 PM by Sprouts Farmers Market ✘ »

I took it again, and I am a strong EST and close to even on J/P.  I would bet that the T/F result has a strong correlation with political beliefs.

This sounds the opposite of correct.

Only so much that there is minor correlation with gender and gender defines that further than the type.

Since N is somewhat uncommon, if you were to choose a single defining letter for ideology, it would be J/P.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2016, 05:26:31 PM »

I took it again, and I am a strong EST and close to even on J/P.  I would bet that the T/F result has a strong correlation with political beliefs.

I think it might, not with left/right, but with how vulnerable to populist BS you are. On the other hand I think that many people could fit with personality types they don't get on the test. I know that INTP, ENTJ, and esp.  INTG apply decently to me. But I got a high turulent rank, so I guess I'm a mixture of ENTP INTP, ENTJ, and INTG.

Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2016, 05:48:27 PM »

When I started posting on the forum, I used to get INTJ with a very light 'N', but I have noticed an extreme shift that this test confirms -- INFJ, with the N becoming quite solid.
INFJs are odd cookies.  My dad is one... he is the type that will know if something bad happens to his kid hundreds of miles away but not notice they tore down a building he drives by every day for months afterwards.

I got a strong ENFP as always.  Much stronger on E than usual.
80% E
80% N
86% F
75% P

And 79% Turbulent.  You should see me shopping.  So much indecision.  Much research is required and ultimately it all comes down to how I feel and how I think others will feel about it. 

I need to have a plan so I can toss it out the window cuz OMG pretty flowers!
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.87

« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2016, 06:02:03 PM »

Only so much that there is minor correlation with gender and gender defines further the type.

Since N is somewhat uncommon, if you were to choose a single defining letter for ideology, it would be J/P.
I agree. It seems to me like J corresponds more to authoritarianism and vice versa. Then again I cuold be completely wrong about that
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2016, 06:21:00 PM »

Only so much that there is minor correlation with gender and gender defines further the type.

I agree. It seems to me like J corresponds more to authoritarianism and vice versa. Then again I cuold be completely wrong about that
There is a way that this works.  Js live organized, structured lives.  Put things where they belong, have a plan and a schedule, etc.  Ps prefer options.  Options and adaptability.

So there could be a correlation but it's not complete.  A strong J might have a "my way for me your way for you" attitude while a P might be a consensus seeking authoritarian (we will find the best way together but demand conformity).

politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2016, 08:06:43 PM »

There is a way that this works.  Js live organized, structured lives.  Put things where they belong, have a plan and a schedule, etc.  Ps prefer options.  Options and adaptability.

So there could be a correlation but it's not complete.  A strong J might have a "my way for me your way for you" attitude while a P might be a consensus seeking authoritarian (we will find the best way together but demand conformity).

I've always found the biggest difference between the two to be time. J types are always aware of the time and deadline/appointments are of absolute importance. The P types I've dealt with seem to have no respect for time, whether it's meeting deadlines or appointments or just simply wasting other people's time by taking too long to get ready. Of all the types, I probably feel most comfortable with other J types.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2016, 09:53:39 PM »

ENFP just like last time I took the test.

83% E
59% N
68% F
84% P

And I got 54% Turbulent. Tongue
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2016, 10:33:18 PM »

What do you mean by that, out of curiosity?  Do you mean that the test is unreliable in telling you what "type" you are, or that the MB types are themselves meaningless?

I think the test in general, or at least most online variants of it that I've taken, is way too simplistic to be meaningful in various cases.  The results are binary, between I and E, S and N, etc., even though many people fit somewhere in between one or more categories.  For them, the version of the exam they take could make the difference between being an ESFP and an ISTJ.

I also just stopped believing in personality tests as anything more than interesting snapshots for the way someone might be feeling at a particular point in life.  People should not take them too seriously and incorporate them into their identity, lest they realize a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Most good versions of the test put one on a spectrum for each of the indicators, usually with a percentage like the one a couple of posts have linked to. There may be variations over time, but many of the variations on gets on a test like this correspond to positions near the middle of the spectrum on an indicator. For example when I just took it it gave ENTP, but I've also gotten ESTP and usually I am near the middle on the N-S spectrum. Since I'm near the middle it isn't surprising to get results on either side of the midpoint depending on the day and exact wording of the questions. BTW, ExTP is also what I got the first time I took the test on paper 35 years ago in grad school, so if worded well it can be reasonably consistent.

All that being said, it doesn't mean one should put a great deal of stock in this type of test. It can be a tool as part of a number of different assessments, but it is only one way to look at personality and not definitive.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2016, 12:28:36 AM »

Link to a (preferably not too junky) test pls. I don't remember whatever I got last time.

Thanks!

I got:
82% I
56% N
78% F (wow!)
62% P

How turbulent you are with your emotions, if you can control them, if you have lots of ups and downs.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2016, 12:44:34 AM »

Thanks!

I got:
82% I
56% N
78% F (wow!)
62% P

How turbulent you are with your emotions, if you can control them, if you have lots of ups and downs.

It's more like a case of internal stability and security than anything else.

Paranoia is a sign of turbulence.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2016, 06:08:13 AM »

I got ENFP like usual! Sometimes I've barely gotten S and/or T before - the two middle letters are always close to 50/50 for me, whichever side they're on. It's very consistent though that I am always very E and very P.

77% E
64% N
60% F
86% P

for identity I am 92% turbulent
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2016, 09:41:08 AM »

I'm reliably ENTJ anytime I take the quiz.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2016, 10:31:03 AM »
« Edited: October 24, 2016, 06:15:12 PM by Mr. Cub »

Accidentally voted ISFJ, but when I took a test in the spring I got INFJ.

But this time I took the 16personalities and I got ISTJ

60% Introverted
62% Observant
63% Thinking
56% Judging
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2016, 11:48:30 AM »

Took the test again, since after all it's been a couple of years since I've taken it and I thought my personality might've shifted. It hasn't, and all the things I am, I am to a pretty significant degree. Got ENTP-A when the fifth category was added.

79% Extraverted
87% Intuitive
81% Thinking
93% Prospecting
69% Assertive
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2016, 11:54:04 AM »

INT is pretty set in stone for me. I fluctuate on P/J.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2016, 01:37:06 PM »

INFJ
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2016, 02:02:11 PM »

So far, Atlas is:

65% I, 35% E
80% N, 20% S
55% T, 45% F
61% P, 39%J
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2016, 05:01:41 PM »

So far, Atlas is:

65% I, 35% E
80% N, 20% S
55% T, 45% F
61% P, 39%J

What makes S so strong here?  I'm outside of the Atlas norm on I/E and N/S, both of the two where Atlas and I both have strong leans.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2016, 05:46:13 PM »

So far, Atlas is:

65% I, 35% E
80% N, 20% S
55% T, 45% F
61% P, 39%J

What makes S so strong here?  I'm outside of the Atlas norm on I/E and N/S, both of the two where Atlas and I both have strong leans.

N is roughly 70% of poll respondents, which is the exact opposite of how the overall American population responds to this question.

The reason this score used to be so tight for me is because of my value of family, tradition, etc.

The questions that help score this scale often include how detail-oriented one is, which is something (outside the world of maps and perhaps in some cases architecture/landscape) I recently noticed that I don't have patience to waste time on. Most of the nitty gritty activities are completely meaningless. Once I solve a critical problem, do I really need to spend twice as much time ensuring the formatting is consistent? Similarly, how much you prefer to work on the routine is a big part of this question (hence the support for tradition). While I like tradition (i.e. Homecoming tailgate or Christmas Eve activities), those might be OK because they are simply annual things. Anything more routine than that is quite rough for me to endure - again I have a lack of patience to do things I see as repetitive - I just can't sit still, most especially at work, to do the same thing I just did for another case. I'd rather be bouncing around with very different tasks everyday.

Another thing you may often see is that extreme ideologies (libertarianism, communism, etc) are overrepresented on here much like the N. People strive to devote themselves to fulfilling every view of their ideal version of the world, which is another trait of intuits.

At the end of the day, I do think Ronnie is right, and this is pretty useless to organize everyone as I don't adhere to any of them fully, and I gave two exceptions just above.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies