Top 10 Reasons To Doubt Trump Is Even A Billionaire
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:03:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Top 10 Reasons To Doubt Trump Is Even A Billionaire
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Top 10 Reasons To Doubt Trump Is Even A Billionaire  (Read 403 times)
RHTFT
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.50, S: -3.83

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 22, 2016, 06:18:24 PM »
« edited: October 22, 2016, 06:57:36 PM by Likely Voter »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2016, 06:34:58 PM »

Reminder: You cannot post entire articles as that is copyright violation, just excerpts.
RHTFT
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.50, S: -3.83

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2016, 06:36:02 PM »

Reminder: You cannot post entire articles as that is copyright violation, just excerpts.

I didn't post the entire article. I only posted an excerpt with the top 10 reasons.
PeteB
Canada

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2016, 06:53:40 PM »

A pretty convoluted article, hitting some issues, but missing a lot of other points. For example #2 and #6 can't be both logically true. If we take Deutsche's calculation of Trump's net worth as $ 788 M in 2005, all the other estimates are meaningless. Secondly a lot (I am guessing over 90%) of Trump's wealth is tied up in large real estate. Not only are those assets highly non-liquid, but the market value estimates could be wildly off.

But the biggest reason to doubt Trump's wealth is his conduct in this election. His strategic decisions during the campaign and his pettiness, vindictiveness and ignorance show a very narrow-minded businessman who is probably an able property developer (especially in specific markets such as NYC) and a decent marketer of his brand, but a fish out of water otherwise.

So, even if he is a billionaire on paper, he doesn't convince me that he can replicate that "success" across the nation, in many strategic economic areas that he plainly does not understand.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2016, 06:59:28 PM »

I didn't post the entire article. I only posted an excerpt with the top 10 reasons.

You posted too much, I modified it again. You are allowed to do brief excerpts from articles, that is all. Please do not ignore what is said by moderators.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2016, 07:10:08 PM »

The top #1 reason is because he refuses to disclose his tax returns. Period.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2016, 01:10:19 AM »

You posted too much, I modified it again. You are allowed to do brief excerpts from articles, that is all. Please do not ignore what is said by moderators.
Angry
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies