Is this a change election? / Are you tired of hearing this is a change election?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:15:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Is this a change election? / Are you tired of hearing this is a change election?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is this a change election? / Are you tired of hearing this is a change election?
Yes/Yes

Yes/No

No/Yes

No/No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 30

Author Topic: Is this a change election? / Are you tired of hearing this is a change election?  (Read 496 times)
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 22, 2016, 07:30:34 PM »

This is NOT a change election. Most incumbents won their primary. Hillary won the Democratic primary. Trump is an outlier this year, not an indicator. She's polling ahead of him and will probably win. Obama's approval rating is high. This is not a change election, and I'm sick of hearing pundits like Chuck Todd go on and on and on about how this a change election.

No/Yes
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2016, 07:37:21 PM »

Most Americans wish it was, yet luckily are wise enough to identify change for the worse.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2016, 07:52:09 PM »

I've noticed circular reasoning here: Trump is going to win because it's a change election! How do I know it's a change election? Because Trump is going to win!

Yes, I'm tired of it.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2016, 07:53:32 PM »

I've noticed circular reasoning here: Trump is going to win because it's a change election! How do I know it's a change election? Because Trump is going to win!

Yes, I'm tired of it.
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2016, 08:01:58 PM »

People are looking at the right track/wrong track numbers and failing to realize how much of the "wrong track" is from Democrats who think the country is on the wrong track largely because of either the Republican Congress or because of Trump.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2016, 08:03:20 PM »

The incumbent president and his party are more popular ... compare this to the last "change" election. People are irritable but not seeking change for the sake of it, this is not a change election.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2016, 08:05:39 PM »

It's not a change election. It was not in the Democratic primary and it is not in the general. It's not 2008. There's nothing even indicating that it's a change election aside from hardcore Republicans/Trump supporters who thought 2012 would be one too.
Cashew
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2016, 08:14:24 PM »

It should have been a change election. Unfortunately trump has done nothing but make the establishment look good by comparison.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies