California man sentenced to 1503 years in prison (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:22:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  California man sentenced to 1503 years in prison (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is this an appropriate sentence?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 68

Author Topic: California man sentenced to 1503 years in prison  (Read 2081 times)
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« on: November 02, 2016, 11:47:42 AM »
« edited: November 02, 2016, 11:52:15 AM by Tartarus Sauce »

No.

The reason I oppose life imprisonment isn't because I believe everybody should always get out of jail at some point. I simply believe the possibility should exist. No matter how heinous the crime, I have to believe that everyone has within themselves the possibility to redeem themselves.

Of course, the more heinous the crime, the harder the burden of what constitutes redemption should be, and in a case like this it might be effectively insurmountable, but still.

Psychopaths are incapable of reforming themselves into better people. Any adaptation to their character will be for the purpose of better hiding what they truly are. You cannot teach a psychopath empathy or remorse, their brains aren't wired to view people as anything other than objects. At most, you can only socially reengineer them, but you cannot cure them.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies