Describe a Trump/Clinton voter
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:23:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Describe a Trump/Clinton voter
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Describe a Trump/Clinton voter  (Read 1371 times)
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.87

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 23, 2016, 05:33:11 PM »

Discuss with maps.
kyc0705

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 05:46:46 PM »

I'm not sure what you're looking for here. Are you asking us to describe someone who voted for Trump in the primaries, but Clinton in the general? And how would we portray that in map form?
Cashew
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 08:48:52 PM »

Bill Clinton?
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2016, 10:40:05 PM »

Voter 1

2016 Primaries: Donald Trump
2016 General:   Hillary Clinton

A. A liberal saboteur who thought a Trump campaign would be funny, so voted for Trump in an open primary state. After pussygate and the third debate, ready for the joke to be over.

B. Republican who got caught up in the Trump primary campaign but in the fall realizes Trump wouldn't be such a good president. I know someone in this camp.

Voter 2

1992: Bill Clinton
1996: Bill Clinton
2016: Donald Trump

Blue collar worker from southwestern PA/Greater Pittsburgh MSA who has had a harder time finding work nowadays.

Depending on when the party switch happened, this sort of voter might have been voting for the losing presidential candidate since 2000.

Voter 3

2008 Primaries: Hillary Clinton
2008 General:   John McCain
2012 General:   Mitt Romney
2016 General:   Donald Trump

PUMA from a conservative, possibly southern state who got wrapped up in the local Republican party in the '10 and '14 midterms along with the '12 campaign against the "Muslim Kenyan" in the white house. Has evolved to an Islamophobic racist who has always like Donald Trump for remaining steadfast on the birther issue. No longer admires Hillary Clinton. On top of this, area may have actually suffered economic problems.

Voter 4

2020: Hillary Clinton

A. Blue collar worker from Michigan who voted Trump on issues of outsourcing and deporting the foreigners stealing err jorbs. Clinton defeated Trump. Hired by African American and became friends with many legal Mexican immigrants. Son befriended a Muslim at school and the whole families became friendly with each other. Daughter and her black boyfriend were bullied by an adult white nationalist while going to the movies together. Investment broker recommended this new solar company, and after they dropped some money in it the stock went through the roof. You see where this is going.

B. Young college student from a Safe D state who spent too much time on 4chan and/or 8chan and/or the weirder parts of Reddit. Supported Sanders in the primaries, but didn't actually vote, and not knowledgeable about politics. By 2020 however, has become a mature adult.

Voter 5

1804: Thomas Jefferson
1808: James Madison
1812: DeWitt Clinton

Voter fraud? Vampire? Agent of God? Someone with the same name as an early 19th century man? I don't know.

Voter 6

2042: Marcus Clinton

A total idiot. Marcus Clinton is the definition of corruption, and if elected would bow down and kiss the feet of the director of the Eurasian Technate. We would have lost WWIV if that idiot got within a mile of the Second White House. This young voter was in a similar situation as Voter 4B, only s/he obviously never made it to college voting for Clinton in '42.
kyc0705

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2016, 08:22:26 AM »

Voter 6

2042: Marcus Clinton

A total idiot. Marcus Clinton is the definition of corruption, and if elected would bow down and kiss the feet of the director of the Eurasian Technate. We would have lost WWIV if that idiot got within a mile of the Second White House. This young voter was in a similar situation as Voter 4B, only s/he obviously never made it to college voting for Clinton in '42.

#AnyoneButMarcus #NeverForgetWWIV #PreventWWV
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2016, 09:36:49 AM »

President Johnson (D-DE). And likely Lief (R-NY)
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.87

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2016, 10:12:29 AM »

I'd add Rafe (O-OK) to that too.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2016, 04:52:43 AM »

Lief isn't actually a registered Republican, he voted Hillary in the primary.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2016, 05:15:43 AM »

I'd add Rafe (O-OK) to that too.

I agree with that.

My explanation, because some people may ask how could someone switch that way:
Although I never agreed with Trump on several issues (immigration in part (securing the border is reasonable, deporting illegals is stupid and not practical), climate change, minimum wage, Obamacare), I hoped that an outsider would bring a change to Washington and break up the deadlock. I also liked (and still do) the idea of a businessman going to the Executive Mansion; making the government less bureaucratic and more efficient, end waste and fraud, balance the budget and simplify the tax code. And someone who understands business, especially smaller businesses, to help grow the economy and create jobs. But a president, who is not beholden to special interests and fights the interests of big business and Wall Street. And someone who understands trade and does something against jobs being shipped overseas. For some time I though the Donald could be that man and, despite sometimes going to far, he would be a funny guy. Someone who is authentic and not trying to be too politically correct. But I was deadly wrong. I was also wrong with my believe that he would moderate himself once nominated and once being elected. Over the course of the campaign, he proved that he's totally unfit for the presidency or any elected office. He's just a sexist faker with a big ego problem.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies