Trump tying Congress to his campaign.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:40:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump tying Congress to his campaign.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump tying Congress to his campaign.  (Read 939 times)
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 24, 2016, 12:11:52 AM »

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/23/politics/donald-trump-house-senate-republican-candidates/index.html

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Hopefully this is the final nail that kills the GOP's chances of holding the Senate.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 12:15:35 AM »

Wow, he really wants them to implode with him.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2016, 12:20:38 AM »

Drag Me To Hell 2: Because No One Wants to Go Alone
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2016, 12:21:30 AM »

Is he serious? He threatened to take the GOP down with him and now he wants to work with the "establishment" (Hint: Trump is part of it)? How will this party repair itself after all of this? What's going on his head?

Man I sure hope Hillary could actually pull out a double digit win to embarrass Trump and the Republicans (both House and Senate).
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2016, 07:41:46 AM »

Much of Trump's agenda would actually be supported by a Democrat Congress.  The big exception is the wall.
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -7.22

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2016, 08:02:47 AM »

Much of Trump's agenda would actually be supported by a Democrat Congress.  The big exception is the wall.

I'm sorry? What on his agenda would a Democratic congress support? Certainly not his tax plan, or the Muslim ban, or deportations
rafta_rafta

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2016, 08:15:42 AM »

I'm sorry? What on his agenda would a Democratic congress support? Certainly not his tax plan, or the Muslim ban, or deportations

Tax cuts on the rich, abolishing estate taxes, weaken 1st amendment... The list goes on
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.87

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2016, 09:16:31 AM »

Goodbye Republican Senate...
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2016, 09:27:47 AM »

I just want to dream a little... maybe it becomes true though. Who knows exactly?
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2016, 09:41:01 AM »

This guy is going to kill the Republican Party.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2016, 10:52:00 AM »

With a few exceptions, Trump is a Democrat t heart and would govern as a Democrat 80-90% of the time if he somehow won.
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.87

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2016, 11:08:20 AM »

With a few exceptions, Trump is a Democrat t heart and would govern as a Democrat 80-90% of the time if he somehow won.
So what you're saying is, Trump thinks he has fewer than 4 years to live?
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2016, 11:45:29 AM »

The Republican Party is already dead.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2016, 12:00:47 PM »

No he's not.
Drew
drewmike87
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2016, 07:27:50 PM »

They'll work together to kill the TPP, but that's about it.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2016, 07:29:33 PM »

Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2016, 07:31:29 PM »

I've always laughed off the "Dem Plant" theories, but honestly they may be on to something.
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2016, 07:35:43 PM »

Yeah, his opposition to Roe V. Wade or Marriage Equality. His proposal to lower taxes on the wealthy and big corporations. His proposal to ban all muslims from entering the country and deport all undocumented immigrants en masse. His proposals to gut the Department of Education and the EPA. His opposition to any sort of gun control reform.  His proposal to repeal in its entirety Obamacare. His belief that the minimum wage is TOO HIGH. His proposal to massively and indiscriminately raise our military spending while gutting out social services. His proposals to massively expand off shore drilling and eliminate any caps or environmental regulations on coal mining. His unilateral view on foreign policy without any sort of cooperation with allies.

God, Trump is such a progressive! Why didn't I realize it all this time.
wolfsblood07
United States

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2016, 07:50:30 PM »

He may be setting the biggest trap you guys ever got into.  When Republicans walk into the voting booth now they will realize the folly of casting an anti-Trump vote on an otherwise straight Republican ballot.  They will see they can have it all (repeal of Obamacare, lower taxes, better trade deals, the wall), and they will forget why they said they'd never vote Trump.  Because in their heart, they know he's right! 
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2016, 07:52:00 PM »

He may be setting the biggest trap you guys ever got into.  When Republicans walk into the voting booth now they will realize the folly of casting an anti-Trump vote on an otherwise straight Republican ballot.  They will see they can have it all (repeal of Obamacare, lower taxes, better trade deals, the wall), and they will forget why they said they'd never vote Trump.  Because in their heart, they know he's right! 

Or, as LBJ said...

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies