Trump supporters: what do you think about the education gap?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:14:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump supporters: what do you think about the education gap?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Trump supporters: what do you think about the education gap?  (Read 908 times)
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2016, 09:52:51 PM »

Winning the educated vote did not win Romney the election. Working class people are more important to carry.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2016, 09:55:41 PM »

Winning the educated vote did not win Romney the election. Working class people are more important to carry.

I assume you mean working class White people, because he darn sure isn't carrying working class minorities. Nevertheless, you'll discover how incorrect you and Trump are to place his election solely in the hands of uneducated Whites.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2016, 10:26:36 PM »

Trump loves manipulates the poorly educated. It's about time we all started to.

FIFY.

This is why Republicans/Trump supporters are so intolerable: they not only lack book smarts, but they also lack common sense. Why should we love dumb people who are too stupid to know anything about how our government works? In Trumptopia, being educated must mean that you're a part of the rigging conspiracy. The only way we need to love these people is by educating them. Oh wait, they think education is how the big bad liberal media elites indoctrinate you into believing their leftist liberal lies. Just trying to think like a Trump supporter makes me feel as though I lose an IQ point every time.

This college-educated white millennial male cannot wait to see these people grovel in two weeks. 

When I was young and snot-nosed, I wrote flaming letters to newspapers, much like stuff I read here.  Much like this post.  Some even got printed.

Of course, I was young and snot-nosed.  I hadn't really worked much, and I had only supported myself, and not all that well at that.  I hadn't married, I hadn't dealt with the issue of making a marriage work, making ends meet for more than just myself, and I didn't appreciate the effort millions of my fellow Americans made to be self-sufficient and to raise families with fewer advantages than I had.

And I ridiculed those folks.  Being a libertine at that time in my life, I resented the idea that folks would express the idea that a God that spoke this Universe into existence might say "Thou shalt not . . ." when it came to a number of behaviors.  Of course, these folks, having reverence for a perfect and Holy God that I did not have at that time, could understand that a God who said "Thou shalt not commit adultery!" was able to see every case of STDs and HIV that would ever occur when he said that, or that this God could number the tears of every child who cried in grief because their parents were divorcing due to infidelity.  These folks, these unwashed ignoramuses with no value and nothing to teach Lord Snotnose (myself) only sought to tell me how to live for turds and giggles, and not because they may have known something I didn't.  But, of course, when I was a twenty-something know-it-all, those folks who were working and supporting families and attempting to live by Biblical standards (some doing better jobs of it than others) needed to listen to me because they didn't know crap.

I've grown up to the point to where I don't delight in Americans groveling.  Especially working people.  Having worked hard for 37 years, having to work hard at age 59 to support a wife who's a cancer survivor and an 11 year old son (a grandson we've adopted), I've learned far more of value from folks who work every day, go to church, stay married, and follow the laws of God and man, then I do from folks who have intellect meshed with contempt for folks who, quite frankly, have more virtue then they do. 

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The hardworking, family-supporting, God-fearing, patriotic Trump supporters that you loathe have more to teach you than you have to teach them.  If you live long enough, you'll realize that I'm right.  You'll also look back at your current attitude and realize why they didn't think you had anything worthwhile to say.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2016, 10:31:03 PM »

This college-educated white millennial male cannot wait to see these people grovel in two weeks. 

I love how eager white liberals are to say that they're WHITE liberals or that they live in a state/city with lots of WHITE liberals, LOL.
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2016, 12:34:59 AM »

The liberterian ideas supported by the republican party would have us become a very backwards country...No clean air, water or food. A educated person simply feels that some government is acceptable while the non-educated white male wants back into the 18th century.

NOPE.  This is the biggest problem with liberal understanding of libertarianism: "Good things can't come from the private sector. Nope, just pollution and exploitation."  The magical government keeps it all running smoothly!  

The private sector can bring MANY solutions to bear for a single issue, if you let it.  Government agrees on one solution that's probably not even the best one.  And if you think it's just capitalist fat cats sitting around stealing your money. Government is good at that too, and they enable it.  Look at the bailout of Wall St. and the major banks, etc in 2008/09.  Then they declared "recession over".  Only it wasn't.  

Anyway my main point is private sector solutions: many-to-one
Government solutions: one-to-one (at best)

What's better? And you think recycling wouldn't happen or clean water? Recycling materials reduces cost of capital.  Using the recycled products in a company is of great savings to the company.  My employer is a leader at this.

As to education, well the same argument applies.  Not ever person or group learns the same.  Using Myers-Briggs personality testing and research, or keying in on job or hobby interests allow that person to learn more because a.) they are learning more in their own style and b.) they are learning more of what they want to learn.  Different private institutions could offer these alternatives instead of one homogeneous system that tries to churn everyone through it.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies