This article is the perfect example of how Green Party voters are so stupid
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 12:19:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  This article is the perfect example of how Green Party voters are so stupid
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: This article is the perfect example of how Green Party voters are so stupid  (Read 2586 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 24, 2016, 11:29:01 PM »

http://www.vox.com/first-person/2016/10/19/13310016/jill-stein-millennial-voter

I won't even point out the ridiculous special snowflake title and instead point to this:
You must be logged in to read this quote.

OMG, PLEASE SHUT THE F[INKS] UP, HOW ON EARTH DO YOU EXPECT ANYONE TO TAKE YOU SERIOUSLY AFTER SAYING THAT?!
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 11:30:32 PM »

I support most of BLM and I think this is bonkers to name a protest a 'die-in'.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 12:35:45 AM »

Is this person intentionally trying to be a stereotype or...?

Of course, I can hear the rebuttal to any criticism already, which will be how we don't sufficiently sympathize with the plights of those suffering the negative effects of inequality. If only we'd sit back and silently listen to their regurgitated talking points, maybe then we'd learn! As a Sociology major, I fully recognize the validity in some of their arguments, but they need to lay off the morally self-righteous, pretentious, condescending, narcissistic schtick because it's infinitely more annoying than helpful to the causes they purport to support.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2016, 01:05:51 AM »

Hillary has pretty consistently spoken to intersectionality. She just doesn't brand it using the obvious buzzwords that a stupid idiot Marxist would need to hear in order to understand.

Also, doesn't Marxism hold that intersecting elements of identity and the politics of difference are "superstructure" stuff? That they are just window dressings, and that they all result from the "base" of a person's position in the chain of production?
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2016, 01:07:49 AM »

Young voters are notoriously too idealistic.  But of course this isn't new.  When I was young, I certainly saw many of my generation act this way in 2000.  The majority become more mature and grow out of such ridiculous attitudes.  But of course there will always be a new crop of fools idealistic young people.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2016, 01:19:48 AM »

Thank god I graduated college just as this sh*t was starting to take off.  I prophesized that the backlash would reach full swing after the election was over and these complete idiots weren't needed anymore and the Democrats could fess up to being revolted by them, we'll see whether that plays out.

The cancer in the Democratic party isn't as malignant and metastasized as in the Republican party, but they have the same problem of greedy, amoral media outlets preying on the fears and egos of an easily-misled young base to profit off of political outrage, compounded by a ridiculous number of activist organizations that take advantage of these fools to gain personal fame and fortune.  Black Lives Matter is the Democratic Party's Tea Party movement... a core of irrational, angry people behaving terribly and pushing an agenda that, while it has some sensible tentposts, is ultimately ridiculous and based on, again, a small kernel of truth buried by a bushel of inflammatory lies; the whole party has been bullied into latching onto it and agreeing with everything the movement says because of the political blackmail it wields, and it's starting to suck up more and more of the base and shuttle them through the stages of indoctrination until they reach the most extreme depths, and then work their way backward from there until they find a degree of radicalism that they can be comfortable with.

All the liberals on here will surely say I'm a horrible, Trumpian racist for posting this and whine on the worst posts thread and AAD, but deep down you know I'm right.  Something is very wrong in the Democratic Party when these kinds of people are flourishing, and the fact that they're now abandoning the party for third parties or Bernie-inspired revolutionary stubbornness is only a symptom of a problem the party has allowed to blossom within itself for years.  American politics needs to have a reckoning with this new media that saturates our lives, appealing to our basest instincts to guide us down the path of self-delusion, outrage and irrationality.  Trump has already been a blaring, loud wake-up call for the Republicans, and we're already seeing editorials trying to figure out what went wrong.  I hate to think about what the wake-up call for the Democrats will be.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2016, 01:27:39 AM »

Here's the other crazy thing.  I just Googled this guy.  I think reading this article we all figured that Vox went out and found some nut who had tons of public web content promoting radical Marxist feminism and looked like this a complete jackass... neon-dyed hair, tons of piercings and maybe an anti-TPP neck tattoo.

instead it's just some normal f**king guy.  I'm not gonna be a creep and post his picture and profile on Atlas but he's the last guy on this page.  http://simpson.edu/addicted-to-crime/

Just sounds like a totally standard college student I would have had in any of my classes, totally average.  It's not just the nuts and the kids who are desperate to be special that are falling into this trap.  Perfectly ordinary, healthy, happy young individuals are getting involved in this kind of activism and special-snowflakism because it's trendy and cool on college campuses, and the more they get sucked in the crazier they get until they come out on the other end believing all the nutty things he wrote about himself in that article.
ursulahx
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2016, 05:03:14 AM »

Any man who calls himself a radical feminist has already lost my vote.
Desroko
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2016, 05:30:48 AM »

Vox edited it, but the first version of that article stated that his political awakening began when Eric Garner was shot.

Eric Garner wasn't shot.
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2016, 06:42:29 AM »

Hillary has pretty consistently spoken to intersectionality. She just doesn't brand it using the obvious buzzwords that a stupid idiot Marxist would need to hear in order to understand.

Also, doesn't Marxism hold that intersecting elements of identity and the politics of difference are "superstructure" stuff? That they are just window dressings, and that they all result from the "base" of a person's position in the chain of production?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that he hasn't studied Marxism very deeply.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2016, 08:50:27 AM »

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that he hasn't studied Marxism very deeply.

How many "Marxists" today have?
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2016, 08:58:23 AM »

Here's the other crazy thing.  I just Googled this guy.  I think reading this article we all figured that Vox went out and found some nut who had tons of public web content promoting radical Marxist feminism and looked like this a complete jackass... neon-dyed hair, tons of piercings and maybe an anti-TPP neck tattoo.

instead it's just some normal f**king guy.  I'm not gonna be a creep and post his picture and profile on Atlas but he's the last guy on this page.  http://simpson.edu/addicted-to-crime/

Just sounds like a totally standard college student I would have had in any of my classes, totally average.  It's not just the nuts and the kids who are desperate to be special that are falling into this trap.  Perfectly ordinary, healthy, happy young individuals are getting involved in this kind of activism and special-snowflakism because it's trendy and cool on college campuses, and the more they get sucked in the crazier they get until they come out on the other end believing all the nutty things he wrote about himself in that article.

Most people don't think about politics as critically or deeply as the average Atlas poster. And people usually grow out of this kind of thing.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2016, 10:34:28 AM »

Reading that article, especially the absurd section about "black Palestinians," made me die a little inside.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2016, 10:38:14 AM »

My brother and I were back home a few weeks ago and he was like "our generation is getting a little TOO liberal, like you would see someone say that they are a transgender communist disabled Muslim...woop dee doo!, right? What do you want us to do? Give you a cookie?"
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2016, 10:44:30 AM »

My god this is word salad a la mode.

Besides, the author did specific, "in our country," not elsewhere. They trip over their own point a sentence later!
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2016, 10:59:16 AM »

I mean, the Green Party is indeed terrible, but so is this thread.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2016, 04:49:35 PM »

As an American with Palestinian roots, reading "Black Palestinian" is hilarious. But this article is a perfect example of why the American Green Party is such a joke compared to international green parties.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2016, 05:25:17 PM »

Junk Thread
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2016, 06:16:37 PM »

Thank god I graduated college just as this sh*t was starting to take off.  I prophesized that the backlash would reach full swing after the election was over and these complete idiots weren't needed anymore and the Democrats could fess up to being revolted by them, we'll see whether that plays out.

The cancer in the Democratic party isn't as malignant and metastasized as in the Republican party, but they have the same problem of greedy, amoral media outlets preying on the fears and egos of an easily-misled young base to profit off of political outrage, compounded by a ridiculous number of activist organizations that take advantage of these fools to gain personal fame and fortune.  Black Lives Matter is the Democratic Party's Tea Party movement... a core of irrational, angry people behaving terribly and pushing an agenda that, while it has some sensible tentposts, is ultimately ridiculous and based on, again, a small kernel of truth buried by a bushel of inflammatory lies; the whole party has been bullied into latching onto it and agreeing with everything the movement says because of the political blackmail it wields, and it's starting to suck up more and more of the base and shuttle them through the stages of indoctrination until they reach the most extreme depths, and then work their way backward from there until they find a degree of radicalism that they can be comfortable with.

All the liberals on here will surely say I'm a horrible, Trumpian racist for posting this and whine on the worst posts thread and AAD, but deep down you know I'm right.  Something is very wrong in the Democratic Party when these kinds of people are flourishing, and the fact that they're now abandoning the party for third parties or Bernie-inspired revolutionary stubbornness is only a symptom of a problem the party has allowed to blossom within itself for years.  American politics needs to have a reckoning with this new media that saturates our lives, appealing to our basest instincts to guide us down the path of self-delusion, outrage and irrationality.  Trump has already been a blaring, loud wake-up call for the Republicans, and we're already seeing editorials trying to figure out what went wrong.  I hate to think about what the wake-up call for the Democrats will be.

Good thread, Steve.
BundouYMB

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2016, 06:41:00 PM »

The sky is blue, grass is green, and Green Party voters are idiots who don't understand the real world. News at 11.
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2016, 06:57:51 PM »

For anyone attributing these types of Greens to Sanders, let's be reminded that Sanders got 43% in the primary and Stein is getting 1% in national polls.
rafta_rafta

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2016, 07:09:51 PM »

I would disagree. Black Lives Matter has not attempted to take over the Democratic party or even force it to follow its principles. They are an activist movement with very valid grievances against the system. They had sporadic protests against both Sanders and Clinton but never attempted to drown out others.

In fact despite being historically underprivileged, African Americans went for the moderate choice in the primaries instead of barn burners like their republican blue collar white counterparts who have far more social capital and yet seem to suffer from "economic angst"

If you are looking for the counterpart of the Tea Party, it's the idealistic milleniall wing of the party which spread the false equivalence between HRC and Trump during the primaries. This holdout group is so impatient for change that they are willing to con themselves into disregarding economic realities and checks/balances on executive power.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2016, 07:15:31 PM »

We didn't need an article to figure that out.
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2016, 07:50:02 PM »

Damn good post here. Hopefully this wake-up call isn't Hillary starting WW3.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2016, 07:50:53 PM »

Lol
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies