This article is the perfect example of how Green Party voters are so stupid
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 07:48:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  This article is the perfect example of how Green Party voters are so stupid
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: This article is the perfect example of how Green Party voters are so stupid  (Read 2587 times)
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2016, 07:52:42 PM »

Thank god I graduated college just as this sh*t was starting to take off.  I prophesized that the backlash would reach full swing after the election was over and these complete idiots weren't needed anymore and the Democrats could fess up to being revolted by them, we'll see whether that plays out.

The cancer in the Democratic party isn't as malignant and metastasized as in the Republican party, but they have the same problem of greedy, amoral media outlets preying on the fears and egos of an easily-misled young base to profit off of political outrage, compounded by a ridiculous number of activist organizations that take advantage of these fools to gain personal fame and fortune.  Black Lives Matter is the Democratic Party's Tea Party movement... a core of irrational, angry people behaving terribly and pushing an agenda that, while it has some sensible tentposts, is ultimately ridiculous and based on, again, a small kernel of truth buried by a bushel of inflammatory lies; the whole party has been bullied into latching onto it and agreeing with everything the movement says because of the political blackmail it wields, and it's starting to suck up more and more of the base and shuttle them through the stages of indoctrination until they reach the most extreme depths, and then work their way backward from there until they find a degree of radicalism that they can be comfortable with.

All the liberals on here will surely say I'm a horrible, Trumpian racist for posting this and whine on the worst posts thread and AAD, but deep down you know I'm right.  Something is very wrong in the Democratic Party when these kinds of people are flourishing, and the fact that they're now abandoning the party for third parties or Bernie-inspired revolutionary stubbornness is only a symptom of a problem the party has allowed to blossom within itself for years.  American politics needs to have a reckoning with this new media that saturates our lives, appealing to our basest instincts to guide us down the path of self-delusion, outrage and irrationality.  Trump has already been a blaring, loud wake-up call for the Republicans, and we're already seeing editorials trying to figure out what went wrong.  I hate to think about what the wake-up call for the Democrats will be.

Damn good post here. Hopefully this wake-up call isn't Hillary starting WW3.

Well she plans to implement a no fly zone over Syria so if a Russian plane comes by...
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2016, 07:54:43 PM »

Thank god I graduated college just as this sh*t was starting to take off.  I prophesized that the backlash would reach full swing after the election was over and these complete idiots weren't needed anymore and the Democrats could fess up to being revolted by them, we'll see whether that plays out.

The cancer in the Democratic party isn't as malignant and metastasized as in the Republican party, but they have the same problem of greedy, amoral media outlets preying on the fears and egos of an easily-misled young base to profit off of political outrage, compounded by a ridiculous number of activist organizations that take advantage of these fools to gain personal fame and fortune.  Black Lives Matter is the Democratic Party's Tea Party movement... a core of irrational, angry people behaving terribly and pushing an agenda that, while it has some sensible tentposts, is ultimately ridiculous and based on, again, a small kernel of truth buried by a bushel of inflammatory lies; the whole party has been bullied into latching onto it and agreeing with everything the movement says because of the political blackmail it wields, and it's starting to suck up more and more of the base and shuttle them through the stages of indoctrination until they reach the most extreme depths, and then work their way backward from there until they find a degree of radicalism that they can be comfortable with.

All the liberals on here will surely say I'm a horrible, Trumpian racist for posting this and whine on the worst posts thread and AAD, but deep down you know I'm right.  Something is very wrong in the Democratic Party when these kinds of people are flourishing, and the fact that they're now abandoning the party for third parties or Bernie-inspired revolutionary stubbornness is only a symptom of a problem the party has allowed to blossom within itself for years.  American politics needs to have a reckoning with this new media that saturates our lives, appealing to our basest instincts to guide us down the path of self-delusion, outrage and irrationality.  Trump has already been a blaring, loud wake-up call for the Republicans, and we're already seeing editorials trying to figure out what went wrong.  I hate to think about what the wake-up call for the Democrats will be.

Well she plans to implement a no fly zone over Syria so if a Russian plane comes by...

She already said this was to happen through negotiation with Russia, not from one day to another, which is what you're implying.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2016, 08:03:09 PM »

She already said this was to happen through negotiation with Russia, not from one day to another, which is what you're implying.

It seems that the negotiations so far aren't going so well when they keep using Russia as a scapegoat when confronted about their own emails. Roll Eyes
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2016, 08:19:27 PM »

It seems that the negotiations so far aren't going so well when they keep using Russia as a scapegoat when confronted about their own emails. Roll Eyes

Don't be obtuse. You know well that that's not even on the table right now given she's not president at this moment. All intelligence agencies are pointing towards Russia so the blame has to fall where it may.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2016, 09:01:01 PM »

Don't be obtuse. You know well that that's not even on the table right now given she's not president at this moment. All intelligence agencies are pointing towards Russia so the blame has to fall where it may.

Clinton is a hawk. She was in the past, she is today and she will be once President. Russia is currently bombing the sh*t out of Aleppo with their ally Syria, what makes you think that's going to stop if Clinton gets involved? Your a hack for Clinton but you need to learn to be more objective. You know your allowed to criticize your candidate right? Especially when around 2/3 of Americans don't trust her... making her out to be this amazing wonder woman is hurting your cause more than helping.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2016, 09:01:11 PM »

While there are certainly radicals in BLM and the Progressive movement is getting nutty, you must understand these conditions are pretty benign compared to the New Left back in the 60's and 70's. There are far fewer radicals today. Most in BLM and the Progressive movement are more concerned over social issues rather than economic ones. If we see more movement to the left (Marxism and Maoism regains popularity, advocating for the abolition of the police, an end to prisons), then there's evidence of a left wing tea party.

BLM in particular appears to be maligned a lot, but besides their questionable positions on matters other than racial justice, they make several excellent points and ought to be listened to. The radicals, especially the idealistic young people who have no sense of public policy, should be ignored.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2016, 09:04:31 PM »

Clinton is a hawk. She was in the past, she is today and she will be once President. Russia is currently bombing the sh*t out of Aleppo with their ally Syria, what makes you think that's going to stop if Clinton gets involved? Your a hack for Clinton but you need to learn to be more objective. You know your allowed to criticize your candidate right? Especially when around 2/3 of Americans don't trust her... making her out to be this amazing wonder woman is hurting your cause more than helping.

Sorry, not a hack. I voted to Bernie in the primaries, and I see her flaws. But that also makes me recognize her strengths in diplomacy, policy making, and foreign experience. When facing Trump, it's a no contest for me.

I think she has done some amazing things and has withstood far more than a great number of people would have been able to. I'm giving her a chance that, I think, is well earned.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2016, 09:10:17 PM »

Sorry, not a hack. I voted to Bernie in the primaries, and I see her flaws. But that also makes me recognize her strengths in diplomacy, policy making, and foreign experience. When facing Trump, it's a no contest for me.

I think she has done some amazing things and has withstood far more than a great number of people would have been able to. I'm giving her a chance that, I think, is well earned.

Ah a former Bernie lad, kind of downgraded yourself didn't ya? Getting money out of politics to one of the most corrupt money grabbing politicians.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2016, 09:22:26 PM »

Ah a former Bernie lad, kind of downgraded yourself didn't ya? Getting money out of politics to one of the most corrupt money grabbing politicians.

Skip the condescension or you might as well forget about any future responses. I have treated you with respect, and I expect the same out of you towards me.

HRC has always been against Citizens United and embraced a lot of Bernie's platform. I look forward to seeing how she goes about implementing these platform ideas.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2016, 09:46:20 PM »

Skip the condescension or you might as well forget about any future responses. I have treated you with respect, and I expect the same out of you towards me.

HRC has always been against Citizens United and embraced a lot of Bernie's platform. I look forward to seeing how she goes about implementing these platform ideas.

You basically told me to stop being ignorant and dumb so how i respond to your own condescension should be no concern to you. Now to get back to substance. Citizens united is just the tip of the iceberg, remember the financial crisis happened before the supreme court decision. Now Clinton says she will push to get rid of citizens united....which i find laughable since the current system has helped the Clinton's greatly but hey maybe your right and she will fight against it even if it results in less campaign donations. I would't hold my breath on that one.  To bring back some type of lawlessness with the financial sector you need to re-implement Glass-Steagall. This will never happen under a Clinton administration.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2016, 09:50:08 PM »

You basically told me to stop being ignorant and dumb so how i respond to your own condescension should be no concern to you. Now to get back to substance. Citizens united is just the tip of the iceberg, remember the financial crisis happened before the supreme court decision. Now Clinton says she will push to get rid of citizens united....which i find laughable since the current system has helped the Clinton's greatly but hey maybe your right and she will fight against it even if it results in less campaign donations. I would't hold my breath on that one.  To bring back some type of lawlessness with the financial sector you need to re-implement Glass-Steagall. This will never happen under a Clinton administration.

I basically told you to respect people who respect you. If you feel identified with those adjectives that is all you.

She has commented multiple times that, because of the nature of the system, she has to participate in what Citizens United allows so that she can remain competitive in a presidential election. I support her on this, and I will provide an example when a candidate didn't do something similar and lost.

In 2010, then Wisconsin Senator Feingold protested the influx of out-of-state funding for local elections. As an active sign of resistance, he refused to use external funding and ended up narrowly losing the seat to the current horrible Senator Johnson.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2016, 10:19:20 PM »

I basically told you to respect people who respect you. If you feel identified with those adjectives that is all you.

She has commented multiple times that, because of the nature of the system, she has to participate in what Citizens United allows so that she can remain competitive in a presidential election. I support her on this, and I will provide an example when a candidate didn't do something similar and lost.

In 2010, then Wisconsin Senator Feingold protested the influx of out-of-state funding for local elections. As an active sign of resistance, he refused to use external funding and ended up narrowly losing the seat to the current horrible Senator Johnson.

The word obtuse implies all those objectives Roll Eyes

You must know your wrong, you can't be competitive in elections unless you sell out? Bernie kind of proved everyone wrong with that this year. Also your example is a midterm? This is 2016 not 2010, at that time the Democrats controlled everything, and the republicans had a pretty big landslide.

What you are saying however is Russ lost because he protested out of state funding for local elections even though a majority of Americans oppose that as well. No, that's not why. The winner in State and local elections almost always win because of $$$, the candidate with the most money wins 95% of the time.

Feingold only lost by 4.8% to Johnson and is about to get back the seat he lost and he's still talking about money in politics. While in that same year someone named Blanche lost by 21% while taking all kinds of money from special interests and is now a lobbyist.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2016, 10:28:25 PM »

You must know your wrong, you can't be competitive in elections unless you sell out? Bernie kind of proved everyone wrong with that this year. Also your example is a midterm? This is 2016 not 2010, at that time the Democrats controlled everything, and the republicans had a pretty big landslide.

What you are saying however is Russ lost because he protested out of state funding for local elections even though a majority of Americans oppose that as well. No, that's not why. The winner in State and local elections almost always win because of $$$, the candidate with the most money wins 95% of the time.

Feingold only lost by 4.8% to Johnson and is about to get back the seat he lost and he's still talking about money in politics. While in that same year someone named Blanche lost by 21% while taking all kinds of money from special interests and is now a lobbyist.

I find it interesting that HRC "sold out," but Obama didn't. Both HRC and Trump are using the current system to its fullest extent, and the policies HRC has articulated are miles different from the stances Trump has taken. HRC made a good point in emphasizing that a candidate can both participate in the system and be against it. That's what she's planning on doing, and I want to give her a chance to that end. A presidency run is that much more expensive than a midterm run, which means the money has to come from somewhere and small structural disadvantages due to financial barriers can, and most likely will, break a campaign.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2016, 10:41:02 PM »

LMAO, you have Trump winning Dakota, Washington and Olmsted counties.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2016, 11:21:27 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I feel like I'm having a "wrong generation" moment.

People like him should be sent to a random third world country for a year and see if they still think that America needs Marxism and radical feminism.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2016, 11:35:11 PM »

When did Marxists in western conturies start being like these nutcases? Instead of revolutionary zeal of working class politics, well not exactly, but people know what I mean.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2016, 11:35:57 PM »

Seriously, not only do we basically have a poll from Dakota County (The MN-02 poll), but Olmsted is one of the worst imaginable places for Trump. It's the epitome of an educated, white collar place. There's no conceivable way Olmsted could actually swing towards Trump.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2016, 11:40:25 PM »

People like him should be sent to a random third world country for a year and see if they still think that America needs Marxism and radical feminism.

...there are third-world countries where radical feminist Marxists rule the land?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2016, 11:50:28 PM »

My biggest problem with intersectionalism by the way, isn't so much the very concept of it, which is quite valid, but the fact that for whatever reason, almost all people who call themselves intersectionalist feminists care far more about stupid nonsense like this instead of actual serious issues that face women and minorities today.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2016, 11:51:48 PM »

...there are third-world countries where radical feminist Marxists rule the land?

No, but it would show far-leftists that they are lucky to live in America.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2016, 07:39:19 PM »

The pot calling the kettle "green".
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2016, 08:11:16 PM »

My biggest problem with intersectionalism by the way, isn't so much the very concept of it, which is quite valid, but the fact that for whatever reason, almost all people who call themselves intersectionalist feminists care far more about stupid nonsense like this instead of actual serious issues that face women and minorities today.

Why was Black capitalized in that article and not others? Is that a thing now? I can't keep up anymore Tongue
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2016, 08:58:04 PM »

Seriously, not only do we basically have a poll from Dakota County (The MN-02 poll), but Olmsted is one of the worst imaginable places for Trump. It's the epitome of an educated, white collar place. There's no conceivable way Olmsted could actually swing towards Trump.

I call them a tossup. Clinton was under performing Obama polling in MN by 4% in the averages on 10/25 and Obama only won Dakota and Olmsted by 3%. Now a recent poll came out with her leading by 8%, more polls like that and the map will change.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2016, 08:59:42 PM »

It's one facet of a bigger problem. The real nonsense is the stuff that attacks logic and reason.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2016, 12:08:12 AM »

Something that just hit me, but how can the idiot who wrote the article linked the OP talk about intersectionality and then describe himself as a radical feminist?

Because true radical feminists are not intersectionalists. They are viciously transphobic, as bad as the most bigoted right-winger, and do things like condemn lesbians who use strap-ons as promoting the patriarchy and rape culture.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies