This article is the perfect example of how Green Party voters are so stupid (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:49:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  This article is the perfect example of how Green Party voters are so stupid (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: This article is the perfect example of how Green Party voters are so stupid  (Read 2633 times)
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« on: October 24, 2016, 11:30:32 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I support most of BLM and I think this is bonkers to name a protest a 'die-in'.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 10:44:30 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
My god this is word salad a la mode.

Besides, the author did specific, "in our country," not elsewhere. They trip over their own point a sentence later!
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 09:01:11 PM »

Thank god I graduated college just as this sh*t was starting to take off.  I prophesized that the backlash would reach full swing after the election was over and these complete idiots weren't needed anymore and the Democrats could fess up to being revolted by them, we'll see whether that plays out.

The cancer in the Democratic party isn't as malignant and metastasized as in the Republican party, but they have the same problem of greedy, amoral media outlets preying on the fears and egos of an easily-misled young base to profit off of political outrage, compounded by a ridiculous number of activist organizations that take advantage of these fools to gain personal fame and fortune.  Black Lives Matter is the Democratic Party's Tea Party movement... a core of irrational, angry people behaving terribly and pushing an agenda that, while it has some sensible tentposts, is ultimately ridiculous and based on, again, a small kernel of truth buried by a bushel of inflammatory lies; the whole party has been bullied into latching onto it and agreeing with everything the movement says because of the political blackmail it wields, and it's starting to suck up more and more of the base and shuttle them through the stages of indoctrination until they reach the most extreme depths, and then work their way backward from there until they find a degree of radicalism that they can be comfortable with.

All the liberals on here will surely say I'm a horrible, Trumpian racist for posting this and whine on the worst posts thread and AAD, but deep down you know I'm right.  Something is very wrong in the Democratic Party when these kinds of people are flourishing, and the fact that they're now abandoning the party for third parties or Bernie-inspired revolutionary stubbornness is only a symptom of a problem the party has allowed to blossom within itself for years.  American politics needs to have a reckoning with this new media that saturates our lives, appealing to our basest instincts to guide us down the path of self-delusion, outrage and irrationality.  Trump has already been a blaring, loud wake-up call for the Republicans, and we're already seeing editorials trying to figure out what went wrong.  I hate to think about what the wake-up call for the Democrats will be.
While there are certainly radicals in BLM and the Progressive movement is getting nutty, you must understand these conditions are pretty benign compared to the New Left back in the 60's and 70's. There are far fewer radicals today. Most in BLM and the Progressive movement are more concerned over social issues rather than economic ones. If we see more movement to the left (Marxism and Maoism regains popularity, advocating for the abolition of the police, an end to prisons), then there's evidence of a left wing tea party.

BLM in particular appears to be maligned a lot, but besides their questionable positions on matters other than racial justice, they make several excellent points and ought to be listened to. The radicals, especially the idealistic young people who have no sense of public policy, should be ignored.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2016, 08:59:42 PM »

My biggest problem with intersectionalism by the way, isn't so much the very concept of it, which is quite valid, but the fact that for whatever reason, almost all people who call themselves intersectionalist feminists care far more about stupid nonsense like this instead of actual serious issues that face women and minorities today.
It's one facet of a bigger problem. The real nonsense is the stuff that attacks logic and reason.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2016, 01:25:02 AM »

Something that just hit me, but how can the idiot who wrote the article linked the OP talk about intersectionality and then describe himself as a radical feminist?

Because true radical feminists are not intersectionalists. They are viciously transphobic, as bad as the most bigoted right-winger, and do things like condemn lesbians who use strap-ons as promoting the patriarchy and rape culture.

From what I understand, thats only some of them(I've seen transphobes in the movement described specifically as trans-exclusionary radical feminists).
It's a quite common viewpoint among radical feminists. That and SWERF's.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies