Which state has the best chance of being insta-called. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 08:13:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Which state has the best chance of being insta-called. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Choose 1
Virginia

Nevada

Florida

Georgia

Arizona

Utah

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 91

Author Topic: Which state has the best chance of being insta-called.  (Read 1452 times)
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« on: October 25, 2016, 10:30:48 AM »

Virginia, based on exit polls and key precincts.
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 10:49:25 AM »

There is no way Virginia will be called right at closing, because of Fairfax and NoVa. I said Nevada because of demographics, the Reid machine, and her being up in the polls

The networks won't need NoVa results to call it.  Key precincts elsewhere and exit polls will be enough.  When it's clear that Trump is underperforming significantly in places he needs to do well, that will be enough to call the state.

If Clinton wins Virginia by double digits (a possibility) it will be very easy to call.
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 10:56:54 AM »

There is no way Virginia will be called right at closing, because of Fairfax and NoVa. I said Nevada because of demographics, the Reid machine, and her being up in the polls

The networks won't need NoVa results to call it.  Key precincts elsewhere and exit polls will be enough.  When it's clear that Trump is underperforming significantly in places he needs to do well, that will be enough to call the state.

If Clinton wins Virginia by double digits (a possibility) it will be very easy to call.

But those calls would rely on turnout in NoVa being at expected levels, right?

If you're right, my one concrete election prediction goes down the tubes. It was: Virginia doesnt get called until late, early returns show Trump ahead, liberals freak out, but only because everyone forgets NoVa until its returns come in

I believe networks have called a state with the winner behind in the current count, based solely on exit polls and the fact that the loser isn't getting nearly enough support from places he needs to win.  I could be wrong, though.

I mean, if Clinton is down 5% in the count with NoVa results pending, there's no way for her to lose.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies