Republican Congressman compares Trump with Mussolini and plans to vote for him
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:57:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Republican Congressman compares Trump with Mussolini and plans to vote for him
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Republican Congressman compares Trump with Mussolini and plans to vote for him  (Read 718 times)
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 28, 2016, 07:12:47 PM »

can't make this stuff up.

Another GOPer Says He'll Vote For Trump Despite Calling On Him To Drop Out
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/chris-stewart-vote-trump-despite-2005-tape?utm_content=bufferd9c5b&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2016, 07:19:17 PM »

Breaking news: Utah Republican reveals he is willing to vote for fascism.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2016, 07:35:00 PM »

And people laughed at me when I said 45% would vote for Satan (R) over Jesus (D). This guy is literally admitting he'd support Mussolini before he'd support a Democrat.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2016, 07:42:52 PM »

Such strong moral values coming from the Republican Party.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2016, 07:52:43 PM »

Such strong moral values coming from the Republican Party.

Gotta love those good old fashioned family values that the GOP demands everyone (but themselves) follow.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2016, 09:16:56 PM »

No doubt he's worried about pissing off donors, but also, in Utah's case, since Trump could very well lose that state, he's probably worried about facing backlash from the party and being accused of contributing to the loss by refusing to support the party's candidate.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2016, 03:35:56 AM »

"He killed my ma, he killed my pa, but I will vote for him."
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2016, 03:47:25 AM »

"He killed my ma, he killed my pa, but I will vote for him."

"B...but Hillary...she sent emails..."
hopper
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2016, 03:07:08 PM »

I guess Mussolini is better than Hillary in this case!
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2016, 03:09:02 PM »

*facepalm*
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2016, 03:15:39 PM »

And people laughed at me when I said 45% would vote for Satan (R) over Jesus (D). This guy is literally admitting he'd support Mussolini before he'd support a Democrat.

Trump's literally never hit 45% of the national popular vote in a national poll though
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2016, 03:23:13 PM »

Trump's literally never hit 45% of the national popular vote in a national poll though

Because of fake undecideds and fake third party voters. I guarantee you he'll get at least 45% on election day. We can make a bet on it if you're interested. Tongue

Also, I meant more in a two way vote share sense. Obviously this won't apply in a year like 1992 with a very strong third party showing. But in a straight (D) vs. (R) with irrelevant or only marginally relevant third parties, under no circumstances will the Republican fall below 45% (and probably not the Democrat either, though I'm less sure about that one.)
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2016, 05:12:03 PM »

Because of fake undecideds and fake third party voters. I guarantee you he'll get at least 45% on election day. We can make a bet on it if you're interested. Tongue

Also, I meant more in a two way vote share sense. Obviously this won't apply in a year like 1992 with a very strong third party showing. But in a straight (D) vs. (R) with irrelevant or only marginally relevant third parties, under no circumstances will the Republican fall below 45% (and probably not the Democrat either, though I'm less sure about that one.)

I'll make a bet on Trump not hitting 45% in the overall election, sure (including third-parties). If he's over that threshold, I'll put an image of Hillary Clinton in my signature for 6 months. If he's under, you get Ted Cruz. Deal?
Cashew
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2016, 05:15:23 PM »

Another future career ruined.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2016, 07:03:25 PM »

I'm amazed at the lack of self-control on the issue of endorsing the national ticket some Republicans show.

You don't compare a candidate to Mussolini unless (A) you're serious and (B) you intend to do something about it.  Yes, this moron is in the position of saying, in effect, that Mussolini is better than Clinton.  What a jerk.

A candidate can avoid the issue.  He/she can say "I'm voting Republican!" and leave them guessing.  There are any number of ways someone can avoid saying nice things about a candidate without comparing him to Hitler/Mussolini/Stalin etc.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2016, 04:17:50 PM »

I'll make a bet on Trump not hitting 45% in the overall election, sure (including third-parties). If he's over that threshold, I'll put an image of Hillary Clinton in my signature for 6 months. If he's under, you get Ted Cruz. Deal?

Deal!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies