Serious question, that has me worried (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:42:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  Serious question, that has me worried (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Serious question, that has me worried  (Read 3226 times)
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« on: October 25, 2016, 03:17:19 PM »

Okay forget the arguments over the election. Let's say the polls are right or close to it and Hillary wins Nov. 8th and becomes president.

How are we going to dig ourselves out of $17trillion in debt? We cant keep losing Billions a year and expect life to continue as it is. This by no means is a shot against her, any party, or any person. When our debt is now 73% of our GDP its a MAJOR MAJOR problem. The interest alone on the debt is crazy.

What can we do as a country to fix this? Is it already too late? How do we start paying this down.....
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 03:19:30 PM »

I have no idea who that is and am not interested in jokes or anything of the like. This problem is as serious as any facing us, what is the solution, is there one at this point or is it to late already?
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 03:21:21 PM »

When Clinton takes office, the national debt will be rather close to 20 trillion, not 17 trillion.

Okay, that's not comforting, what can she do to start paying it down? The interest alone is going to be huge. We can argue all we want about the election who we like ect. but this is something that really really worries me. Again, this is a problem created by everyone, blaming one side or the other isn't a solution....can we do something about this and what?
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2016, 03:23:00 PM »

Trump's plan grows the deficit by trillions, a lot more than Clinton. How do you defend that?

I'm not here to argue about that. I already stated let's assume Clinton wins, that's fine, I will live. I am asking for real solutions or ideas in a meaningful discussion on how we can start paying it back.

Please let's not make this about Trump and Clinton. This thread isn't about that.
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2016, 03:30:48 PM »

2016election, the national debt peaked at about 120% of GDP shortly following World War II in 1946.  By 1980, debt as a percentage of GDP had fallen to 30%.  How do you think that this happened, considering that at no point between 1945 and 1980 was the federal budget balanced?

Hint:  Not trying to be facetious; this is a very important math/economics/civics lesson.

Please elaborate as i may be missing the obvious point you are trying to make, thank you.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies