Republicans "coming home" to Trump?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:17:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Republicans "coming home" to Trump?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Republicans "coming home" to Trump?  (Read 1537 times)
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2016, 09:47:25 PM »

Well, I think many of us are approaching this from a "why on earth isn't Hillary leading this clown 55/37" perspective, so we won't be able to assess this accurately.  It does look like the universe of people who will vote for their team no matter what is even larger than we thought.

I will now accept my accolades. Wink

I've said for years now that 45% of the country would vote for Satan (R) over Jesus (D)!

I'd put that number at only 32% tbh.  Trump's support comes from "R diehards" (32%), plus non-R Trump true believers (6%), plus #NeverHillary not already covered (4%).  That gets you to 42%.  Had a charismatic, impeccable Democrat been the nominee, Trump's floor would drop to 38%.  Had it been a charismatic, impeccable Democrat vs. Ted Cruz, that floor might well be 32% and you'd have the Democrat approaching 500 EV.

Cruz would destroy said impeccable Democrat because he's the impeccable Republican.

Cruz actually scares a wider swath of voters than Trump does.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2016, 11:14:06 PM »

Republicans have been "home"
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2016, 11:27:21 PM »

Well, I think many of us are approaching this from a "why on earth isn't Hillary leading this clown 55/37" perspective, so we won't be able to assess this accurately.  It does look like the universe of people who will vote for their team no matter what is even larger than we thought.

I will now accept my accolades. Wink

I've said for years now that 45% of the country would vote for Satan (R) over Jesus (D)!

I'd put that number at only 32% tbh.  Trump's support comes from "R diehards" (32%), plus non-R Trump true believers (6%), plus #NeverHillary not already covered (4%).  That gets you to 42%.  Had a charismatic, impeccable Democrat been the nominee, Trump's floor would drop to 38%.  Had it been a charismatic, impeccable Democrat vs. Ted Cruz, that floor might well be 32% and you'd have the Democrat approaching 500 EV.

Cruz would destroy said impeccable Democrat because he's the impeccable Republican.

Cruz actually scares a wider swath of voters than Trump does.

Lol!
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2016, 08:01:42 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
They are according to Gallup (might be noise though; we should wait a couple of days)

http://www.gallup.com/poll/189299/presidential-election-2016-key-indicators.aspx

wolfsblood07
United States

« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2016, 10:41:17 AM »

The 3rd debate clearly helped him with undecided conservatives.  I almost wonder if Clinton should have pulled a Trump and skipped it "because she won't dignify sexual assault with a response" and held a competing press conference with all of Trump's accusers?
Agree 100%.  And I am a Trump supporter.
Clinton had nothing to gain from that debate.  And it turned out to help Trump.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2016, 10:45:12 AM »

that such a debate helps him is mind-boggling for me. i always respected romney and he was able to hold his ground, more or less. trump on the other side hasn't won even a single question and showed again and again that he doesn't understand even the frame of conservatism.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2016, 11:45:46 AM »

Trump doesn't need to do anything, just prove he is sane. Everyone hates Hillary, she is the most hated person bar Trump. One of the most corrupt dishonest unelectable fraud of a candidate ever is running vs Trump.

Any random stupid guy at Atlas would probably beat Hillary!
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2016, 12:36:54 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
They are according to Gallup (might be noise though; we should wait a couple of days)

http://www.gallup.com/poll/189299/presidential-election-2016-key-indicators.aspx

Republicans don't seem to like Trump very much, but according to most normal polls Trump registers around 89-90% of Republicans, which is pretty normal.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2016, 03:18:35 PM »

Republicans don't seem to like Trump very much, but according to most normal polls Trump registers around 89-90% of Republicans, which is pretty normal.
IDK, I thinks that some #neverTrumpers don't admit they are Republicans. No way, Trump gets 90% of R now; probably before 1st debate.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies