Bush campaign paid millions to dirty trickster Sproul
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:28:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Bush campaign paid millions to dirty trickster Sproul
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Bush campaign paid millions to dirty trickster Sproul  (Read 2237 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 05, 2005, 06:04:02 PM »

His organizations illegally shreaded Democratic voter registrations.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://baltimorechronicle.com/070505Miller-Irmus.shtml

Republicans: They're all a bunch of crooks.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2005, 06:09:36 PM »

Now now...

Not all republicans are crooks.

Lets not talk in absolutes.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2005, 06:12:33 PM »

Um, registering voters as Republicans does absolutely nothing to help them win elections. All it affects is what party you vote in for primary elections.

Paying money to an organization to register people is not a 'crook' thing to do.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2005, 06:17:09 PM »

Um, registering voters as Republicans does absolutely nothing to help them win elections. All it affects is what party you vote in for primary elections.

Paying money to an organization to register people is not a 'crook' thing to do.

Granted, but shreding Democratic forms is.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2005, 06:29:19 PM »

His organizations pretended to be non-partisan, and were signing people up in libraries. However, the Democratic registrations got shreaded, and the news didn't break until after the registration deadline. Do you Republicans actually condone this? Are you all a bunch of unethical crooks?
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2005, 06:32:56 PM »

Does every Democrat condone the fact that so many dead people voted for Kennedy in Chicago?

If they were registering Democrats as Republicans, they were obviously trying to lie to the Bush campaign.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2005, 06:35:11 PM »
« Edited: July 05, 2005, 06:38:17 PM by jfern »

Does every Democrat condone the fact that so many dead people voted for Kennedy in Chicago?
We're talking about 2004, not 1960.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

That was some other stuff they did, I suppose you don't want to talk about the illegal registration shreading?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2005, 06:41:49 PM »

Actually it isn't.  As a private citizen, neither you, I or this guy has any requirement to do anything with voter registration forms, including throwing them out.

Keep in mind that voter registration can be done via mail or at any government office (post, welfare, some libraries).  Anyone can get one; they don't even charge postage.

As for "re-registering," big deal.  You can register Nazi and go in and vote for Kerry in the fall.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2005, 06:51:49 PM »

Actually it isn't.  As a private citizen, neither you, I or this guy has any requirement to do anything with voter registration forms, including throwing them out.

Keep in mind that voter registration can be done via mail or at any government office (post, welfare, some libraries).  Anyone can get one; they don't even charge postage.

As for "re-registering," big deal.  You can register Nazi and go in and vote for Kerry in the fall.

Actually here, you DO have to put a stamp on the form.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2005, 06:52:18 PM »

Granted, but when you have people who think they registered and wind up not being able to vote on election day because someone through out their forms, thats not exactly good
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2005, 06:54:03 PM »

Yup.  Last summer I had to re-register since I graduated from college & moved back home from the dorms in Suffolk.  I actually forgot the stamp the first time & got it back in the mail
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2005, 07:03:25 PM »

Yup.  Last summer I had to re-register since I graduated from college & moved back home from the dorms in Suffolk.  I actually forgot the stamp the first time & got it back in the mail

You could always just drive over to the County Board of Elections and drop it off.  It's right off exit 67.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2005, 07:04:13 PM »

Busted again. It's illegal to take completed voter registration forms and not turn them in. This wasn't a private individual, they "appeared" to be non-partisan and were signing people up in public libraries. How nice of you to condone this.

And once the story broke, it was too late, Nevada's and Oregon's deadlines had already passed.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2005, 07:08:15 PM »

You could always just drive over to the County Board of Elections and drop it off.  It's right off exit 67.

Well I'm in Nassau County Smiley.  I went to STony Brook, dormed there so I was registered in Suffolk when I was in college.

I could have driven from Massapequa to Mineola, but mailing it was easier.

Anyyone while I'm not 100% sure of the legalities surrounding this hwole debacle.  Acting as a non-partisan organization in order to get people to register to vote, but throwing out the regristrations of those who go against your political idealogy is certainly unethical.

Its one thing for an organization to target certain people who tend to fit their idealogy.  Its another to act as non-partisan, but be partisan in the regristrations you actually receive by throwing out regristrations of members of the other party, while not notifying them & therefore making them think they are registered to vote when they aren't
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2005, 07:15:19 PM »

That's what's great about Virginia.  You register with your taxes.  Two birds with one stone.  Smiley
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2005, 07:17:20 PM »

That's what's great about Virginia.  You register with your taxes.  Two birds with one stone.  Smiley

Well, you can register here when you get your licence.  But I think that's true in most states now.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2005, 08:01:03 PM »

Do you Republicans actually condone this? Are you all a bunch of unethical crooks?

Of course not!  None of us are!  And I'm shocked you would even ask such a question!  Smiley 
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2005, 08:12:08 PM »

Do you Republicans actually condone this? Are you all a bunch of unethical crooks?

Of course not!  None of us are!  And I'm shocked you would even ask such a question!  Smiley 

You need to read a few more jfern posts then.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2005, 08:28:16 PM »

Busted again. It's illegal to take completed voter registration forms and not turn them in. This wasn't a private individual, they "appeared" to be non-partisan and were signing people up in public libraries. How nice of you to condone this.

And once the story broke, it was too late, Nevada's and Oregon's deadlines had already passed.

Wrong again.  As noted, the law applies to registars and governmental employees.  As I've indicated, we don't live in a Stalinist nation.  Or are you claimimng Sproul is a postman?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2005, 08:31:32 PM »

Wrong again.  As noted, the law applies to registars and governmental employees.  As I've indicated, we don't live in a Stalinist nation.  Or are you claimimng Sproul is a postman?

No, the law applies to anyone who accepts Democratic voter registrations. They could have refused to accept the registrations, but once they took them, they were required by law to submit them.

If you don't see a problem with making people think they're registered when they're not, you're another curropt Republican. An example of why your party shouldn't have any power.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2005, 08:36:45 PM »

In PA, our forms are pre paid postage.  They also have a small card on them which you address.  Upon receipt by the election board, the card is detacted and returned.

As long as you have mail delivery, there is no excuse for not being able to register.  Likewise, I would wholeheartedly defend Howard Dean for refusing to mail in a Republican form.  
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2005, 08:37:56 PM »

J.J. is trying to argue that it's legal.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2005, 08:47:15 PM »

J.J. is trying to argue that it's legal.

Well, since, you've claimed that this violates a law, would you like to cite the statute that you claim it violates?  You claiming something doesn't make it true; it's usually evidence that it is false.

Keep in mind Sproul isn't a government employee and isn't acting as one.
The Vorlon
Vorlon
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -4.21

« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2005, 11:39:36 PM »

That was some other stuff they did, I suppose you don't want to talk about the illegal registration shreading?

Do you have any actual proof, as in something other than heresay from some person with an anti-GOP bias, that shreading occured?

If so, please provide documentation.

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2005, 12:25:37 AM »

Do you have any actual proof, as in something other than heresay from some person with an anti-GOP bias, that shreading occured?

If so, please provide documentation.

http://www.klas-tv.com/Global/story.asp?S=2421595&nav=168XRvNe
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies