Bush campaign paid millions to dirty trickster Sproul (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:52:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Bush campaign paid millions to dirty trickster Sproul (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bush campaign paid millions to dirty trickster Sproul  (Read 2258 times)
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: July 05, 2005, 06:41:49 PM »

Um, registering voters as Republicans does absolutely nothing to help them win elections. All it affects is what party you vote in for primary elections.

Paying money to an organization to register people is not a 'crook' thing to do.

Granted, but shreding Democratic forms is.

Actually it isn't.  As a private citizen, neither you, I or this guy has any requirement to do anything with voter registration forms, including throwing them out.

Keep in mind that voter registration can be done via mail or at any government office (post, welfare, some libraries).  Anyone can get one; they don't even charge postage.

As for "re-registering," big deal.  You can register Nazi and go in and vote for Kerry in the fall.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2005, 08:28:16 PM »

Um, registering voters as Republicans does absolutely nothing to help them win elections. All it affects is what party you vote in for primary elections.

Paying money to an organization to register people is not a 'crook' thing to do.

Actually it isn't.  As a private citizen, neither you, I or this guy has any requirement to do anything with voter registration forms, including throwing them out.

Keep in mind that voter registration can be done via mail or at any government office (post, welfare, some libraries).  Anyone can get one; they don't even charge postage.

As for "re-registering," big deal.  You can register Nazi and go in and vote for Kerry in the fall.

Busted again. It's illegal to take completed voter registration forms and not turn them in. This wasn't a private individual, they "appeared" to be non-partisan and were signing people up in public libraries. How nice of you to condone this.

And once the story broke, it was too late, Nevada's and Oregon's deadlines had already passed.

Wrong again.  As noted, the law applies to registars and governmental employees.  As I've indicated, we don't live in a Stalinist nation.  Or are you claimimng Sproul is a postman?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2005, 08:36:45 PM »

Actually here, you DO have to put a stamp on the form.

Yup.  Last summer I had to re-register since I graduated from college & moved back home from the dorms in Suffolk.  I actually forgot the stamp the first time & got it back in the mail

In PA, our forms are pre paid postage.  They also have a small card on them which you address.  Upon receipt by the election board, the card is detacted and returned.

As long as you have mail delivery, there is no excuse for not being able to register.  Likewise, I would wholeheartedly defend Howard Dean for refusing to mail in a Republican form.  
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2005, 08:47:15 PM »

Do you Republicans actually condone this? Are you all a bunch of unethical crooks?

Of course not!  None of us are!  And I'm shocked you would even ask such a question!  Smiley 

You need to read a few more jfern posts then.

J.J. is trying to argue that it's legal.

Well, since, you've claimed that this violates a law, would you like to cite the statute that you claim it violates?  You claiming something doesn't make it true; it's usually evidence that it is false.

Keep in mind Sproul isn't a government employee and isn't acting as one.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies