Struggling Arch conservative small business owners (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:59:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Struggling Arch conservative small business owners (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Struggling Arch conservative small business owners  (Read 919 times)
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: October 27, 2016, 04:44:48 PM »
« edited: October 27, 2016, 05:18:58 PM by DC Al Fine »

It ranges. Small business owners are taking on a risk and will be compensated better for taking on risk on average. There will still be a portion who will do poorly and struggle.

I don't know what version of capitalism people in this thread are experiencing that is so friendly to small business that it's a surefire way to get rich but please send it my way because I've seen way too many great small businesses disappear.

If running a small business is such easy money, why don't all the college kids and working stiffs making $40k drop what they're doing and start a small business? Seems like an easy way to make $100k. Roll Eyes

If you go strictly by what they report to the IRS they would be considered poor. But in reality they just write everything off and hide most of their income to show no income or a loss and are actually doing very well.

This is not remotely reflective of how actual small business corporate tax reporting is done.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2016, 10:06:46 AM »

I don't know what version of capitalism people in this thread are experiencing that is so friendly to small business that it's a surefire way to get rich but please send it my way because I've seen way too many great small businesses disappear.

I think the stereotypical example of what I think of is the small town good ole boys in "middleman" lines of work that really create no economic value but provide a steady stream of income to underwrite their sense of self-importance.

Car dealers, insurance agency owners and fast food franchise owners are the worst offenders. Go to a Chamber of Commerce or Republican Party meeting in a rural county and you'll meet these people.

Franchisees provide value by providing a ready source of capital for rapid expansion. Car dealers in particular provide a lot of capital, given the costs of running a car store/service department.

I've no idea about the legal situation, but it seems like Tesla will have to adopt a dealership model at some point if they want to be a major car company. Tesla sold something like 40k cars last year to relatively wealthy, high information buyers. Its going to be hard for them to sell millions of cars to non car enthusiasts without setting up physical stores, and that costs huge money.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies