Is low enthusiasm among Trump voters going to cost the Republicans the House?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:22:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Is low enthusiasm among Trump voters going to cost the Republicans the House?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is low enthusiasm among Trump voters going to cost the Republicans the House?
Yes - Dems will gain House

No - Dems will only gain Senate

No - GOP holds both chambers

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 39

Author Topic: Is low enthusiasm among Trump voters going to cost the Republicans the House?  (Read 426 times)
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 26, 2016, 05:26:24 PM »

It looks like incredibly low enthusiasm among the demoralized Trump campaign is going to cost the Republicans their stranglehold on the House of Representatives.

Due to dishonest Republican gerrymandering, the Democrats will have to win the nationwide congressional vote by a very large margin in order to win enough seats for a House majority.

Thankfully, the low-energy Trump campaign seems to be handing the House to Democrats.  What say you?
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 05:32:25 PM »

Dems will gain seats in the House, maybe even close the gap by half, but I would be astonished if they manage to retake it this year. It would take a massive, unprecedented turnout and widespread cases of Republicans simply not voting.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 06:01:41 PM »

Unless a full quarter or so of Republicans that would've otherwise voted stay home, there is no way the House flips, though I can see large gains happening.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2016, 06:04:27 PM »
« Edited: October 26, 2016, 06:06:07 PM by Torie »

I am genuinely unable to guess about the Senate. It's in near perfect equipoise at this very moment, as the Pubs down ballot move up a bit from their nadar, when Charlie Cook's 5-7 number probably was close to the mark. The House isn't flipping. That faint hope is fading away for the Dems in the past week or so, to the extent it was ever there. The Dem gain there might be in single digits. I just can't get much past there, absent a tank in down ballot Pub voting. I doubt that will happen. Gosh, there must be about 10-15 talented Pubs in marginal House CD's, that will make all the difference. The one's less talented will go down, in the Trump tank zone. But these days, not that many Pubs exist there.
Southern Delegate matthew27
matthew27
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -1.22

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2016, 06:04:46 PM »

Senate will be close.
House will remain republican but with a 15+ gain for the democrats.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2016, 06:34:41 PM »

I'm surprised so many respondents think that the Senate will stay in Republican hands.  Is there some reason we should expect ticket splitting on such a severe scale?  Clinton is going to win the national popular vote with double digits.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies