Who won the Florida Senate debate tonight? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:55:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Who won the Florida Senate debate tonight? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who won the Florida Senate debate tonight?
Rubio

Murphy

Neither

Don't know

Didn't watch

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 38

Author Topic: Who won the Florida Senate debate tonight?  (Read 770 times)
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« on: October 27, 2016, 08:45:32 AM »

I only got to see the last 30 minutes or so, mostly the foreign policy section and closings. I'm not sure if it was different in the first part, but from what I saw, Murphy's performance was an embarrassment. Doing everything you can to link Rubio to Trump probably IS the right idea, but Murphy's knee-jerk reaction of "but you support Trump" even to substantive answers made him look, somehow, like even more of an empty suit with no ideas than Marco Rubio.

I guess this just confirmed for me that Murphy is trying hard to be the most generic D of all generic Ds and to never say anything about himself or what he believes in, but that's just not enough to get it done in Florida. I'll go into the voting booth securely knowing that (somehow) Marco Rubio is the candidate of substance(Huh). Murphy and the Florida Dems are blowing a very winnable race with a terrible campaign and the DSCC decision is looking better and better.
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 11:30:31 AM »

Maybe after Rubio wins reelection the red avatars will admit that nominating Fratrick was a bad idea

Honestly, Rubio would have beaten any Dem Nominee.

I don't have any polling on this but just based on who she appeals to and her name this race would be a tie at worst for Gwen Graham.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies