Trump's worst election debacle
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:16:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump's worst election debacle
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What was Trump's worst election debacle?  
Praise of Russian Putin

Comments about Mexicans

Comments about Hispanic judge

Attacks on family of slain US Muslim soldier

Melania's plagiarism at RNC convention

Critisism of former Miss Universe

Failure in the first debate

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 69

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: Trump's worst election debacle  (Read 756 times)
yawa
Rookie
Belarus
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 27, 2016, 06:54:21 AM »

Everyone realizes Clinton will win the election. What was Trump's worst mistake during the election campaign? Please choose up to 2 options.
Previous events,  such as lewd remarks about women 11 years ago,  are not counted.
yawa
Rookie
Belarus
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 09:57:39 AM »

I personally was mostly impressed by Melania's speech that plagiarized Obama's speech. It proved that Trump was not able to control even his wife to say nothing of indecency of plagiarism, of which Melania seemed not to be aware.
After that I began supporting Clinton though previously I supported Trump.
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2016, 10:06:51 AM »

Everyone realizes Clinton will win the election.

What the hell is the matter with you? Do you want to tempt the wrath of the whatever from high atop the thing?

Go outside, turn around three times and spit!

Anyways...

I think it's pretty safe to say that Clintons lead was solidified after the first debate. It was the most watched debate of all time, and a vast majority of voters thought Clinton wiped the floor with Trump during it.

It was a devastating blow to the Trump campaign, and he never recovered from it.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2016, 10:13:34 AM »
« Edited: October 27, 2016, 10:25:11 AM by eric82oslo »

I personally was mostly impressed by Melania's speech that plagiarized Obama's speech. It proved that Trump was not able to control even his wife to say nothing of indecency of plagiarism, of which Melania seemed not to be aware.
After that I began supporting Clinton though previously I supported Trump.

How stupid is the people of Belarus who once supported Trump. Tongue

I voted Mexicans of whom next to all are supposed to be not only criminals, but rapists and murderers. The last word is for some unexplicable reason almost always not reported by most media outlets. Like it's less bad being a murderer than a rapist or criminal? I just don't get it. Anyhow, how deeply, deeply ironic that Trump started his whole campaign by calling more than 170 million people (US & Mexico Mexicans together) for rapists, while in the end it's Drumpf McPussygrabber himself who was exposed as an indecent and asaulting rapist and which not only did bring his campaign down big time, but which in the end will cause him serious pain in the legal system, even with a prison sentence not being totally out of question.

My second vote was for the Khan family.
elcorazon

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2016, 10:21:46 AM »

why isn't the tape of his pussygate an option? Because he didn't make the gaffe/error during the cycle and it was exposed instead?
I voted for the first debate and the Khan family because those were missed opportunities that pushed a close election to a Hillary lead. Having said that, it is NOT over. Clinton is in solid shape, but the election remains relatively close and she is struggling to put him away. I'm still nervous. NC and FL are the aces in the hole. She must hold them to prevent my nerves from taking over.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2016, 10:53:04 AM »

Threats to jail his opponent (plus calling for her assassination), and rejection of democracy while cheerleading tyranny.

Trump is the worst Presidential nominee is my lifetime, possibly ever.
Cashew
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2016, 10:56:33 AM »

In terms of results, the worst was the first debate.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2016, 11:02:08 AM »

It was pretty bad, but not worse than the Republican convention. For the first time in recorded human history, Trump almost managed the impossible; to get a net negative bump out of his 5 days and nights of wall to wall free advertisement.
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2016, 11:04:54 AM »

Ranking these:

1. Failure in 1st debate
2. Attacks on Khans
3. Comments about Hispanic judge
4. Comments about Mexicans
5. Praise of Putin

The others choices didn't really have any impact on the race.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2016, 11:12:21 AM »

Praise of Putin cannot be seen in a vacuum without also mentioning his urge to dismantle NATO and okeying deployment of nuclear bombs to Saudi Arabia, Japan and South Korea. I can imagine that the families of 9/11 victims are especially pleased with Trump's grand idea of stuffing Saudi Arabia with loads of atomic bombs. So are probably also the friends of Israel.
Cashew
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2016, 11:17:23 AM »

It was pretty bad, but not worse than the Republican convention. For the first time in recorded human history, Trump almost managed the impossible; to get a net negative bump out of his 5 days and nights of wall to wall free advertisement.
In that case I take it back. I forgot about the polling disaster after the convention.
yawa
Rookie
Belarus
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2016, 11:33:46 AM »

Clinton is in solid shape, but the election remains relatively close and she is struggling to put him away. I'm still nervous.

What the hell is the matter with you? Do you want to tempt the wrath of the whatever from high atop the thing?

Go outside, turn around three times and spit!

Keep quiet, friends. All clairvoyants predict that Clinton wins anyways

http://www.todaynews24h.com/human-communications-of-the-prophetess-vanga-guess-hillary-clinton-wins-the-u-s-presidential-election/

Her victory has been secured from high atop the thing.
I have been celebrating it since the end of the last debate.
Stephen
Rookie
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2016, 12:54:11 PM »

Attacks on family of slain US Muslim soldier
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2016, 01:23:38 PM »

The Muslim soldier thing didn't have a lasting impact, I'm not sure what that's being voted so highly. I'd put the judge scandal over that for it for its impact on voters.

I went with the debate and "other", but they amount to the same answer: Trump's whimsical and undisciplined campaign cost him any chance he had of winning. A Trump that preps more for all of the debates and manages to stay on message doesn't necessarily win the debates (or the election) but he easily does better than he did without any good preparation.  All of his other problems stem from not preparing for anything.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2016, 01:29:49 PM »

1) Comments on Mexicans: pretty much tarred him for the GE and never came back from it
2) Failure in the 1st Debate: reinforced his incompetence in the eyes of the entire electorate
yawa
Rookie
Belarus
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2016, 02:16:54 PM »

All of his other problems stem from not preparing for anything.
Quite right! Extreme carelessness and disorderliness manifested distinctly during the first debate convinced the public that he was unfit for office.
As a foreigner I don't pay much attention to his comments about various groups of people or specific persons.
For me there are two main requirements for the US presidential candidate: decency and ability to exercise effective control over internal and international affairs. RNC showed that Trump lacks both of them. He cannot even control his wife.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2016, 02:20:26 PM »

I'd say his praise of Somalian Putin or Japanese Putin is worse than his praise for Russian Putin. Mind you, I'm hearing rumours that he might be about to praise Swedish Putin or Micronesian Putin, either of which would be immensely damaging.
yawa
Rookie
Belarus
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2016, 06:59:31 PM »

To my surprise I read that Trump plans Melania to give two or three election speeches! Rather strange,  taking into consideration her helpless performance at RNC.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/10/27/politics/donald-trump-melania-trump-joint-interview-speeches/index.html
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies