Jill Stein Accused of Investing in Dirty Coal, Big Pharma
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:32:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Jill Stein Accused of Investing in Dirty Coal, Big Pharma
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Jill Stein Accused of Investing in Dirty Coal, Big Pharma  (Read 2828 times)
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2016, 04:50:18 PM »

I just hope her investment means that Jill can take a chill pill.

Chill Pill=Big Pharma
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2016, 04:51:08 PM »

Atlas picking on someone at 1-2% in the polls instead of the people in power? SAD!

Now we know who's been propping up all these conglomerates with their investment dollars.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2016, 05:10:33 PM »

Telesur is an awful source for anything

Surprised they're not shilling for Jill honestly.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2016, 05:13:54 PM »

Atlas picking on someone at 1-2% in the polls instead of the people in power? SAD!
Fear does strange things to people. That's part of what makes a bully.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2016, 05:16:05 PM »

Clearly baseless slander. Why would she even have money that she could invest?
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2016, 05:27:58 PM »

Jill Stein has an incredible amount of power in this election.
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2016, 06:37:57 PM »

I guess it's because she's too anti-oil for their taste
izixs
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.31, S: -6.51

« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2016, 07:28:38 PM »

More seriously, at this point, many Democrats, myself included feel harassed to an extent by Stein and her core supporters. We're working to stop what we feel is one of the greatest threats to democracy in the US, and all we get from that camp is Trump's talking points hidden in leftist language. We feel like the guy pushing the piano up the stairs while some random bystander comments about how we're not pushing hard enough without lifting a finger to help.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2016, 08:45:51 PM »

More seriously, at this point, many Democrats, myself included feel harassed to an extent by Stein and her core supporters. We're working to stop what we feel is one of the greatest threats to democracy in the US, and all we get from that camp is Trump's talking points hidden in leftist language. We feel like the guy pushing the piano up the stairs while some random bystander comments about how we're not pushing hard enough without lifting a finger to help.

If your candidates super pac didn't pay trolls to troll anyone who opposes her from the left, maybe I'd feel more sorry for ya.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2016, 09:06:59 PM »

For what it's worth to those interested, here is Stein's response to the controversy:
http://www.jill2016.com/beastresponse
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2016, 03:08:23 AM »

For what it's worth to those interested, here is Stein's response to the controversy:
http://www.jill2016.com/beastresponse

So basically her response is: "But Hillary!"

Did she hire jfern as her campaign spokesman? I guess the Green donations must be really drying up.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2016, 03:22:33 AM »

Has Stein attacked Trump at all during this campaign?
I mean even during the pussy tape imbroglio she was furiously tweeting about how Hillary is a corrupt warmonger.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2016, 04:16:39 AM »

Has Stein attacked Trump at all during this campaign?
I mean even during the pussy tape imbroglio she was furiously tweeting about how Hillary is a corrupt warmonger.

Why would Putin direct her to attack Trump?
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2016, 05:33:06 AM »

She invested in a Mutual Fund which invested in Pharma or Coal.

I mean I am not happy with this. But she has to live on some pension or returns, she is 60+. She has invested in a Mutual Fund with good returns which invested in pharma & coal. This is in no way a support of Big Fossil Fuels.

Hillary sold Fracking to the world, opposes a Carbon Tax which will pass on the negative economic externalities creating a level playing field for all parties. Hillary has taken money from lobbyists & Super pac.

You have some incredibly hypocrites & flat out horrible people who support the most corrupt, dishonest & fraudulent candidate in modern history in Clinton but blame Stein for a mutual fund investment. They have no issues with a Super Pac raising money from Wall Street n Pharma n Fossil Fuel but attack Stein for this. You can't have it both ways.

I don't think Stein is a viable candidate for Presidency but anyone who looks at the attack ad & supports it is crazy. The piece is a hit piece  trash tabloid starting with The Holier than thou Jill Stein..If we had moral standards, then Hillary shouldn't even be running!
Trapsy

« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2016, 07:01:23 AM »

Crooked Jill!
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2016, 08:36:55 AM »

Considering that the sole purpose of Jill Stein's presidential campaign is to get Donald Trump elected president so he can do the bidding of Russia, the Coal Industry, and Big Oil, I have no problems with this.

Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2016, 08:45:27 AM »

Considering that the sole purpose of Jill Stein's presidential campaign is to get Donald Trump elected president so he can do the bidding of Russia, the Coal Industry, and Big Oil, I have no problems with this.

Wow.
Some of y'all have some wacky conspiracy theories going on.
BundouYMB

« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2016, 09:02:36 AM »

Wow.

How is this a "wacky conspiracy theory"?

Jill Stein a). has been photographed dining and meeting with high ranking members of the Russian government and security apparatus b) has been photographed wearing a fur coat c). has investments in big oil d). has a running mate who is a literal Russian shill who writes propaganda defending Russia's invasion of Ukraine and Russia's involvement in Syria. He even said the 2014 presidential election where Assad got 89% of the vote was a real election and suggesting otherwise was "western propaganda". e). spends all of her time attacking Clinton.

If you haven't realized Stein is an agent of the Russian government at this point you're either willfully ignorant or dumb as a bag of rocks (coincidentally, this is also what you have to be to have supported the green party in the first place!)
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2016, 09:15:50 AM »

I mean, to be fair to Stein, eh bought a bunch of index funds. It's not like she owns outright Exxon or Peabody stock. Still, there ARE a whole family of socially responsible investments that specifically don't invest in fossil fuel companies or arms manufacturers and her explanation basically was "well they aren't socially responsible enough so I'm just going with the bad rather than the good since it's not perfect anyway" which is a fascinating stance for somebody whose entire campaign is based on how much pure and progressive she is
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2016, 03:36:57 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

...so does anyone who has a retirement account.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2016, 03:52:57 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

...so does anyone who has a retirement account.

I don't think the issue is so much that Stein invested in these mutual funds as the fact that if anybody else had done it, Stein would say it disqualifies them from the presidency.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2016, 05:03:00 PM »

Wow! Great to see the Stein goons in full meltdown!

It's $tein now.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2016, 05:19:00 PM »

Wow.

Jill Stein a). has been photographed dining and meeting with high ranking members of the Russian government and security apparatus b) has been photographed wearing a fur coat c). has investments in big oil d). has a running mate who is a literal Russian shill who writes propaganda defending Russia's invasion of Ukraine and Russia's involvement in Syria. He even said the 2014 presidential election where Assad got 89% of the vote was a real election and suggesting otherwise was "western propaganda". e). spends all of her time attacking Clinton.

If you haven't realized Stein is an agent of the Russian government at this point you're either willfully ignorant or dumb as a bag of rocks (coincidentally, this is also what you have to be to have supported the green party in the first place!)
The best part about them being as dumb as a box of rocks is that Stein is German for...wait for it..a rock!

Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2016, 05:59:21 PM »

Wow.

Hm.. the idea that a political force is a secret plot orchestrated by a shadowy power with sparse or incongruous evidence to back up your claim. Literally the definition of a conspiracy theory.
Insulting political opponents as a "bag of rocks" is a nice touch, how very Alex Jones of you.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2016, 06:50:41 PM »

Wow.

Hm.. the idea that a political force is a secret plot orchestrated by a shadowy power with sparse or incongruous evidence to back up your claim. Literally the definition of a conspiracy theory.
Insulting political opponents as a "bag of rocks" is a nice touch, how very Alex Jones of you.

This is true, though you're overly smug about it. Stein isn't even smart enough to be a part of a conspiracy theory.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies