Willing to go out on a limb here...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:28:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Willing to go out on a limb here...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Willing to go out on a limb here...  (Read 1323 times)
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 27, 2016, 02:32:56 PM »

I will predict Donald Trump get a MINIMUM of 15% of the African American vote....if he doesn't get that amount atleast I will never post on this forum again.....

While I believe he will get a minimum of 15% of that vote, I believe the actual total percentage he will get will be right around 20% when compared to Romney 6% and McCain 5% will be the difference in several swing states.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 02:33:35 PM »

I will predict Donald Trump get a MINIMUM of 15% of the African American vote....if he doesn't get that amount atleast I will never post on this forum again.....

While I believe he will get a minimum of 15% of that vote, I believe the actual total percentage he will get will be right around 20% when compared to Romney 6% and McCain 5% will be the difference in several swing states.
Better pack your bags now.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2016, 02:33:50 PM »

Sad to see you go.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2016, 02:34:04 PM »

I'm willing to bet he can't even reach 10% as a HIGH. He's likely to get 5% again due to how much of the black community hates the man.
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2016, 02:37:51 PM »

I'm willing to bet he can't even reach 10% as a HIGH. He's likely to get 5% again due to how much of the black community hates the man.

I don't think you could be any FURTHER off.....so Trump is going to do the same with African-Americans as McCain and Romney running against the first black president ever to run for president? Man oh man if you actually think they are going to turn out and vote for Hillary like they did Obama...
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2016, 02:41:18 PM »

I don't think you could be any FURTHER off.....so Trump is going to do the same with African-Americans as McCain and Romney running against the first black president ever to run for president? Man oh man if you actually think they are going to turn out and vote for Hillary like they did Obama...

You're probably correct that they won't have the enthusiasm for Clinton that they did for Obama, but that's not the only factor.  They also have a huge antipathy for Trump (see today's Q poll of PA, which showed Trump with 1% among AA voters).  It's likely that fewer AA voters will vote for Clinton than for Obama -- but MANY fewer will vote for Trump than they did for McCain or Romney.  The result is that overall AA turnout will be down (which is consistent with some early vote statistics), and Trump's percentage of that lower total will be lower than McCain/Romney.
TC 25
Rookie
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2016, 02:41:51 PM »

Trump black vote

Low end: 16 percent,  could top out at 22-23
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2016, 02:43:23 PM »

What the hell is this?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2016, 02:43:29 PM »

Trump black vote

The polls indicate a much lower percentage.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2016, 02:43:45 PM »

As Georgia Moderate said overall turnout will be down but they won't vote for the slaver.

Just out of curiosities sake, how old are you? I imagine you haven't been following politics that long if you think the black community would ever go as high as 15% for the Republican in todays climate.
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2016, 02:44:11 PM »

Trump black vote

Couldn't agree anymore with you.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2016, 02:46:41 PM »

I'll bet you Trump gets no more than 10% of the black vote and furthermore, I will let you publicly humiliate me if I'm wrong and I will cease posting on this forum forever.
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2016, 02:46:48 PM »

As Georgia Moderate said overall turnout will be down but they won't vote for the slaver.

Just out of curiosities sake, how old are you? I imagine you haven't been following politics that long if you think the black community would ever go as high as 15% for the Republican in todays climate.

Oh boy here comes the personal attacks on this liberal forum....fully expected
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2016, 02:47:42 PM »

Oh boy here comes the personal attacks on this liberal forum....fully expected

You do it to yourself and since you didn't actually answer the question I got the answer I needed. Thank you good sir. Smiley
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2016, 02:48:19 PM »

Not like I'm gonna miss you particularly
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2016, 02:48:57 PM »

I'll bet you Trump gets no more than 10% of the black vote and furthermore, I will let you publicly humiliate me if I'm wrong and I will cease posting on this forum forever.

Sorry but publicly humiliating another American like yourself isn't my style even though I believe i will be 100% correct when all of the votes are counted.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2016, 02:50:53 PM »

When you play roulette in Vegas, do you put all your chips on double-zero ?
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2016, 02:51:13 PM »

Trump black vote

Low end: 16 percent,  could top out at 22-23

So you think Trump is going to do better amongst AA voters than Romney, Mc Cain, W Bush, Dole, Bush, Reagan, Ford, Nixon and while the breakdowns aren't available before 1972, probably better than any Republican candidate since the Civil Rights Act? What evidence are you basing that on?
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2016, 02:53:41 PM »

Sorry but publicly humiliating another American like yourself isn't my style even though I believe i will be 100% correct when all of the votes are counted.

Yes, of course. Trump will win a fifth of African-Americans after him being the spearhead for the racist birtherism "Obama is from Kenya" bullsh**t. Please, don't kid yourself.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2016, 02:54:48 PM »

I have this terrible bias in favor of data over feelings and intuition. 

Crossposted from the polling forum:

Crosstabs (again with Trump in 3rd place among blacks):

Trump has 3% of the AA vote in this poll (less even than Johnson, who has 6%).  Clinton has 81%.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2016, 02:56:33 PM »

Trump black vote

Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2016, 02:58:00 PM »

Might as well stop posting now tbh
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2016, 02:59:35 PM »

Bye!
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2016, 03:04:28 PM »

You were going to leave anyway as soon as Trump lost, but it's comforting to have it in writing, I suppose.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2016, 03:06:14 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0toEKn3vKDU
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies