Trump : "We're going to work on our ghettos"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:34:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump : "We're going to work on our ghettos"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Trump : "We're going to work on our ghettos"  (Read 2550 times)
rafta_rafta

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 27, 2016, 05:05:20 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/791761728610664453
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 05:07:28 PM »

i am so happy that african-americans are far too smart to fall for a) these lies and b) that fake outreach.
rafta_rafta

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2016, 05:09:57 PM »

Transcript

Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2016, 05:10:54 PM »

Beyond the pale.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2016, 05:13:29 PM »
« Edited: October 27, 2016, 05:16:25 PM by Speed of Sound »

Can someone who supports Trump talk to me a little bit about how inspired you are to have a president who will proudly argue:

"we're going to work on our, the ghettos - are in so, the, you take a look at what's going on where you have pockets of - areas of land where you have the inner cities and you have so many things"

When pollsters call you and ask for the policies you're most concerned about, is that what you tell them? And then next tell them that you hate non-English speakers in America?
rafta_rafta

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2016, 05:15:16 PM »

If you listen to the audio, he clearly understood it was offensive and tried to catch himself while saying it...and then said it anyway
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2016, 05:19:10 PM »

Agreed. It's amazing how he can keep me at a perpetual state of disgust given that it should have diminishing returns.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2016, 05:19:19 PM »

Can someone who supports Trump talk to me a little bit about how inspired you are to have a president who will proudly argue:

"we're going to work on our, the ghettos - are in so, the, you take a look at what's going on where you have pockets of - areas of land where you have the inner cities and you have so many things"

When pollsters call you and ask for the policies you're most concerned about, is that what you tell them? And then next tell them that you hate non-English speakers in America?

The most important issues is the ultimately when you think about are we the kind of country that just sits back or are we, you know, working on what matters in this country, such as the rising crime or also the debt, or even the ISIS.  It's terrible.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2016, 05:19:29 PM »

i am so happy that african-americans are far too smart to fall for a) these lies and b) that fake outreach.
Than they would vote for Bernie in primaries? Roll Eyes
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2016, 05:21:12 PM »

clinton is a household name in the south.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2016, 05:23:19 PM »

My english is not good enough, I think. What's the problem in phrase "we're going to work on our, the ghettos" Huh
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2016, 05:26:24 PM »

My english is not good enough, I think. What's the problem in phrase "we're going to work on our, the ghettos" Huh

the people living "there" don't like very much to be described in such a way...besides the point that those mostly aren't in the "inner cities" anymore.

it's a simple gaffe, helping mostly with those who are neither black nor living in "ghettos".
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2016, 05:27:33 PM »

Yes, but is voting for household name is sign of being "too smart to fall for a) these lies and b) that fake outreach"? Was Bill Clinton's policies so good for Blacks? Was Hillary's policies for Blacks any better than Bernie's? One can argue that they voted for more electable choise, but I doubt. Do you? Roll Eyes
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2016, 05:31:52 PM »

the people living "there" don't like very much to be described in such a way...besides the point that those mostly aren't in the "inner cities" anymore.

it's a simple gaffe, helping mostly with those who are neither black nor living in "ghettos".

Well, it's also barely English.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2016, 05:33:02 PM »

Was Bill Clinton's policies so good for Blacks?

he is often called "the first black president" and was reaaaally popular with the group.

Rand
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2016, 05:36:39 PM »

It's well-established that Hillary Clinton's stepping stone to the White House isn't the most intelligent man, hence why his supporters are largely the most unintelligent segment of the American populace. Trump's sixth-grade vocabulary is a direct conduit for his Neanderthal thought process. That's what happens when you grow up with a silver foot in your mouth. Hillary is about to be the mother Trump never had Smiley
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2016, 05:36:51 PM »

So is it just choice of word? In Sweden the police officially use this term to describe "ghettos" "särskilt  utsatta områden" that can be translated as particularly deprived areas. It is not really a definition of "ghetto", but is it so important? Huh
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2016, 05:37:18 PM »

Agreed. It's amazing how he can keep me at a perpetual state of disgust given that it should have diminishing returns.

LMAO !
Your comment actually made me laugh for a full minute or so.
8-)
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2016, 05:37:41 PM »

Yes, but is voting for household name is sign of being "too smart to fall for a) these lies and b) that fake outreach"? Was Bill Clinton's policies so good for Blacks? Was Hillary's policies for Blacks any better than Bernie's? One can argue that they voted for more electable choise, but I doubt. Do you? Roll Eyes

This is why Blacks love the Clintons

Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2016, 05:49:10 PM »

1. According to ^^this^^ picture Nixon was approximately âs good as Bill for Blacks. Was he also popular among them?
2. Everything is relative. Under Bill USA:s economy was good and I assume, Whites incomst have rised by approximately the same rate.
3. http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/no-bill-clinton-does-not-know-how-to-fix-the-economy/
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2016, 05:50:07 PM »

He needs to work on his own mental health issues and shut up about everything else.
Rand
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2016, 05:50:13 PM »

This is why Blacks love the Clintons

Don't confuse the Trump sheep with facts!
Cashew
United States

« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2016, 05:53:53 PM »

He needs to work on his own mental health issues and shut up about everything else.
Careful, there is a good reason he does not like to analyze himself.
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2016, 05:57:39 PM »

Home city of Obama, Chicago bulldozed their "ghettos" i.e. housing projects and gentrified the whole area. Many left to Milwaukee, Minneapolis/Saint Paul, etc others were too sick or old and died with no homes.  Great work, Chicago.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2016, 06:02:02 PM »

We do need to work on our ghettos.  Can somebody explain to me the issue here?  I dare any of you to venture out to Englewood and say otherwise.  We need to have a serious discussion about the ghettos of America, not just roll our eyes and say "racist".  It's an internation embaressment.  What is Hillay doing to address it?  She wont even acknowledge it.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies