This article is the perfect example of how Green Party voters are so stupid
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:08:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  This article is the perfect example of how Green Party voters are so stupid
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: This article is the perfect example of how Green Party voters are so stupid  (Read 2602 times)
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2016, 01:20:01 AM »

Something that just hit me, but how can the idiot who wrote the article linked the OP talk about intersectionality and then describe himself as a radical feminist?

Because true radical feminists are not intersectionalists. They are viciously transphobic, as bad as the most bigoted right-winger, and do things like condemn lesbians who use strap-ons as promoting the patriarchy and rape culture.

From what I understand, thats only some of them(I've seen transphobes in the movement described specifically as trans-exclusionary radical feminists).
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2016, 01:25:02 AM »

Something that just hit me, but how can the idiot who wrote the article linked the OP talk about intersectionality and then describe himself as a radical feminist?

Because true radical feminists are not intersectionalists. They are viciously transphobic, as bad as the most bigoted right-winger, and do things like condemn lesbians who use strap-ons as promoting the patriarchy and rape culture.

From what I understand, thats only some of them(I've seen transphobes in the movement described specifically as trans-exclusionary radical feminists).
It's a quite common viewpoint among radical feminists. That and SWERF's.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2016, 01:30:13 AM »

Wow, this certainly is interesting.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2016, 01:32:47 AM »

OMG, PLEASE SHUT THE F[INKS] UP, HOW ON EARTH DO YOU EXPECT ANYONE TO TAKE YOU SERIOUSLY AFTER SAYING THAT?!

Totally. It's just like taking the OP seriously.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2016, 02:15:35 AM »

I suppose I should state that the idiot in this article is f***ing stupid.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

That's a stupid name. I don't care what the thing it's naming is, that's a stupid word and you should feel bad for saying it.

A major part of me questions whether Stein actually is racially progressive, or if she just exoticises (puts on a pedestal, which is just as dehumanizing as demonization) non-whites. I've noticed that most of the non-white supporters she has(that I know of) are in comfortable middle class families and have never had to deal with racism or poverty on the crushing level that most do.

Ugh. Whats the word for this specific kind of obnoxiousness?

There's a point where an Acronym gets so big that it becomes giant and unwieldy. This is past that point.

What a #edgy radical TM true far-leftist. And you don't actually know what Marxism is at all, and probably completely miss the point of feminism.

If that's the only problem you have with trump, then you must live a really cushy life and be an idiot. What about the fact that he has absolutely ZERO knowledge of how to run a country or how policy works and how what few positions he has are completely insane and disconnected from reality(oh wait, he's a jill stein supporter). And would declare war if ships belonging to foreign navies taunted us.

Sigh...

Of course a cushy middle class college kid who claims to be a Marxist would use capitalism as a dirty word. And care way to much about taking donations(one would be an idiot not to; donations don't obligate you to do favors for the donor later, even for those few who think it does).

Suddenly banning fracking at this point would probably crash the economy which would cause the poor to starve, lose healthcare, etc. We need to actually create other energy sources first.

I'd give a point for some actual legit criticism, but you probably believes a president Stein could just wave her hands and solve all wars via pacifism.

I'm not sure I trust that you do either. Clinton does get these issues, and "coming around" may have been more "make sure this won't end my campaign and get trump into office".

Take what you can get. I don't think she should worry about the zero black Palestinians in existence.

Lol, Clinton not understanding how ingrained racial issues are as well as jill stein. And stein using "big pharma" as an excuse to pander to anti-vax is not praising vaccines.

Someone doesn't know how elections work. And getting mad at you for voting for some anti-science moonbat when trump is the one candidate who can hope to beat Clinton is pretty legit. Endangering the entire world ain't cool.

Agh. Hate. This. Claim. So. Much.

Someone doesn't get morality...

It's a quite common viewpoint among radical feminists. That and SWERF's.

Right. I forgot how regressive and conservative some rad-fems can get.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2016, 04:20:08 AM »

My biggest problem with intersectionalism by the way, isn't so much the very concept of it, which is quite valid, but the fact that for whatever reason, almost all people who call themselves intersectionalist feminists care far more about stupid nonsense like this instead of actual serious issues that face women and minorities today.

Why was Black capitalized in that article and not others? Is that a thing now? I can't keep up anymore Tongue

I think I've finally gotten it, after long being confused and rejecting it out of hand: "Black with-a-capital-B" is supposed to refer to the specific and distinct culture of Black Americans, which, for a lack of a better phrase, share a common history in their descent from slaves. It does not include more recent immigrants (and their descendants), such as myself. I think. I've definitely seen "Black with-a-capital-B" used inclusive of the latter group, however, so I'm not entirely sure.

The fact that our language lacks a terminology for easily making such a distinction (at least one that doesn't require making overt reference to slavery, which seems grossly offensive) is a glaring omission.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies